Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Surround sound for my tv and myharmony remote

• 15-01-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi folks,

I have bought my harmony logitech remote

i am trying to use the surround sound from my dvd player for my tv

I have an LG dvd player; samsung tv and amstrad HD box

I have a scart runnin dvd to tv

i have a hdmi lead connecting sky box to tv

i have audio lead from tv to my dvd player

the surround sound speakers are just making the rustling noise

my logitech remote keeps trying to turn my LG dvd player on to AUX but there dent seem to be the option....only AV1 and Video/ audio

apologies, I'm a technophobe and would really appreciate some help!!

regards

ronan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Are you sure the DVD player can take 'audio in' from the TV? It's more likely that the audio ports (left and right, usually red and white) are to send audio from the DVD player to an amp.

or maybe the LG DVD Player has an integrated amp? Give us the model number.

There is one potential problem using a Logitech Harmony Remote with some deivces.... on some devices like TVs where you can choose an input, you have to press a 'source' button and then scroll up or down to select the correct source, there is no way to do this with a single command from a Logitech remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 clift2008

LG LH T550TB

thanks a lot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There's no Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version of the manual, the LG website wants me to install some oddball plugin which I'm not prepared to do, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 clift2008

thanks very much for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Looks like you have your speaker outputs to the 5 speakers and just a regular stereo L+R input. Just make sure you have them plugged into the AV In section, but you've probably checked that. See the attached pic for a view of the back of what should be your unit.
    The only other thing to check is that your TV Audio sockets that you have the other end of that cable plugged into is Audio out rather than Audio In.
    You could check the LG by plugging that cable into the Audio Out from the back of the Sky Box to the LG instead of the TV to the LG. That should rule out any problems with the TV Audio out. Then if you have the original remote of the LG use that to set it to Aux input. If that doesn't work then the problem may be somewhere else, but try that first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement