Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone commuting to Galway?

Options
  • 15-01-2012 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Wondering does anyone commute from Sligo to Galway during weekdays for work? I know there is a Bus Eireann at around 6am. Is this the cheapest public transport option? Are there any other options? Does anyone drive and/or share petrol costs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

dnme wrote: »
    Wondering does anyone commute from Sligo to Galway during weekdays for work? I know there is a Bus Eireann at around 6am. Is this the cheapest public transport option? Are there any other options? Does anyone drive and/or share petrol costs?

Its the only public transport opition, barr Feda O'Donnell later in the morning. Cant see too many people making this is a daily commute to be honest, at around 2 each way if getting a clear run, and two traffic hotspots at Tuam and Clairegalway.

I certainly couldn't make that journey my self up and down each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

irish-stew wrote: »
    Its the only public transport opition, barr Feda O'Donnell later in the morning. Cant see too many people making this is a daily commute to be honest, at around 2 each way if getting a clear run, and two traffic hotspots at Tuam and Clairegalway.

I certainly couldn't make that journey my self up and down each day.

You're right, its easily 2.5 hours, I did it today via Roscommon to avoid Tuam. The bus is bloody expensive also, and ptrol prices..forget it. Looks like a move may be in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnk1960

My wife got a job down there. She'd catch the 9.30 Sunday night Feda O'Donnell (€10) bus down from Sligo and return Friday afternoon, depending what time she finished. She rented an apartment in Galway city centre and walked to work, and liked it. Commuting was just not an option.

Advertisement