Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Obama's Face Be Added To Mount Rushmore??

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

RichieC wrote: »
    No, it has not, far from that. he is still hovering in the 40s approval, remarkable for a country where the houses and the senates are breaking all time records and single digit approvals.

Ron Paul will never get near a direct debate with the President.

Which is pretty poor in comparison with other presidents at this point in time in his presidency. I know he inherited a mess, but he's entering his fourth year now, other presidents like Reagan and Clinton were getting towards 60% and in fact were achieving above that by the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Gnobe wrote: »
    Which is pretty poor in comparison with other presidents at this point in time in his presidency. I know he inherited a mess, but he's entering his fourth year now, other presidents like Reagan and Clinton were getting towards 60% and in fact were achieving above that by the end of the year.

I don't think Clinton was seen as a success on his first term and he didn't have near the same problems to deal with. He got elected by default by the lack of quality opposition candidates, which is probably likely now as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    I don't think Clinton was seen as a success on his first term and he didn't have near the same problems to deal with. He got elected by default by the lack of quality opposition candidates, which is probably likely now as well.

No but his approval ratings were still stronger than Obama's at this moment in time which is what the poster was talking about. Infact Clinton ended up having some of the best approval ratings in history in his second term.

70% of Americans believed the country was heading in the right track when left office, 70% of Americans as of today, believe its heading in the wrong direction. Some turnaround.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Gnobe wrote: »
    No but his approval ratings were still stronger than Obama's at this moment in time which is what the poster was talking about. Infact Clinton ended up having some of the best approval ratings in history in his second term.

70% of Americans believed the country was heading in the right track when left office, 70% of Americans as of today, believe its heading in the wrong direction. Some turnaround.

Ah Yeah, but obviously Clinton's rating were going to be way higher, considering the challenges he faced compared to Obama.

Approval ratings don't really matter that much, especially if he gets re-elected!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

They should make an Obama face out of Onyx and attach it to the mountain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Upon his election it was practically inconceivable that he wouldnt secure a second term in the white house. The GOP were in trouble at the time.

The fact that they now have even a fighting chance shows how disappointing a president he has been. I heard a statistic that only one previous president has been re-elected with a similarly low approval rating (Richard Nixon)

Upon his election it was practically inconceivable that he wouldnt secure a second term in the white house. The GOP were in trouble at the time.

The fact that they now have even a fighting chance shows how disappointing a president he has been. I heard a statistic that only one previous president has been re-elected with a similarly low approval rating (Richard Nixon)

His approval ratings weren't low at the time, they only became low after watergate. He was near 60% at the time of reelection believe it or not.

According to Gallup the lowest ever approval at the time of reelection and won was....G.W.Bush with 48%. (He got 50.7% of the popular vote against Kerry so about right).

Advertisement