Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sudden storage issue - iPod touch..

• 15-01-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

Recently when I try to download an app my iPod touch tells me I havent got enough storage space..I have a 6G and i have deleted lots of apps and am down to 20 apps. In the past I have had much more apps than that on it and never had problems. In fact, I have had the device for a year and was app crazy, and downsized many of them i didnt use, this problem is very new.
    My audio storage is showing as 1.55G, apps as 2.3G and other as 1.82G, free space is only 0.72G available..Should I be doing something to fix this>?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What exactly do you mean by '6G' - 6GB storage? Did you download any of those games that were part of the '12 days of Christmas' app? Some of them are pretty big.

Connect the iTouch to the PC or Mac and start iTunes. Then click on the device on the left and click on apps on the bar at the top of the screen, then in the window under 'Sync Apps' select 'Sort by Size', this will list the apps in descending order by size, the ones currently on the device are ticked, untick any apps that you're not using.

One way to clean up the machine is to do a sync. (which does a backup) followed by a restore but it sounds like you have an 8GB machine which is basically full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

yeah sync it every time i connect it to the pc, i know it sounds like its full but i have had way more apps than that and never had a prob. if i do a restore ill lose everything tho wont i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

BengaLover wrote: »
    yeah sync it every time i connect it to the pc, i know it sounds like its full but i have had way more apps than that and never had a prob. if i do a restore ill lose everything tho wont i?

No, you'll lose nothing. I used to have a problem with iOS 4.x whereby the sync process used to lock up, I had to do a restore about every other month, you lose nothing but it might take a while to complete. A restore after a sync. is effectively a backup followed by a restore.

Just in case you've any doubts - when the sync. has finished, click on Edit/Preferences in iTunes, then click the 'Devices' icon on the top bar of the popup screen, make sure that you can see your device in the window and that the backup timestamp is only a couple of minutes ago, especially that it says 'today' - that's your confirmation that you've just done a backup. Assuming all that looks good, do a restore.

Advertisement