Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Events in Wexford

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

Podge83 wrote: »
    Ferrycarrig 5 had race cert displayed!!
    Fair dues.

Great news for athletics in Wexford !
    296311.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sub60

5K / Duathalon in Ashdown Park Hotel Gorey this Sunday.

Not sure if permit / certified couse / prizes etc.

Going from Hotel up by GAA pitch and back to hotel, run around the area a bit so course looks a little long for 5k, maybe there moving start / finish to sort.

Added Gorey Family 5k and Fun Run Gaelscoil Inis Córthaidh
    Name|Distance|Course cert no/year|Chip|Date|Organizer|Location|Entry Fee
    Family 5k|5k||no|Sun, 9th Mar|Ashtown Hotel|Gorey|10
    County Novice Road Race|3k/6k||No|Sun, 16th Mar|Wexford Athletics|Wexford Town|5
    County Intermediate Road Race|4k/8k||no|Sun, 23rd Mar|Wexford Athletics|Coolgreaney|5
    Craanford 5 Mile|5 mile||?|Sun, 6th Aprl|Craanford Harriers AC|Craanford|15
    Fun Run Gaelscoil Inis Córthaidh|5km||No|Sun, 6th Aprl|Gaelscoil Inis Córthaidh|Enniscorthy|?
    Beach Bog Run|6/10km| |?|Sat, 12th Apr|Castletown GAA|Castletown|30
    Hope and Dream 10|10 mile||?|Sun, 13th Apr|Hope and dream charity|Enniscorthy|?
    Ballygarret 8k|8k||?|Mon, 21st April|Macamores AC|Ballygarret|10
    Rosslare 10k|10k| |?|Mon, 21st April|Wexford Tri Club|Rosslare|13
    Wexford Half marathon|13.1 Miles| |yes|Sun,27th Apr|Ryano Event Management Ltd|Wexford Town|30
    Wexford 10k|10k| |yes|Sun,27th Apr|Ryano Event Management Ltd|Wexford Town|20
    County Master Road Race|3k/6k||no|Fri, 9th May|Wexford Athletics|Enniscorthy|5
    Vinegar Hill 5 mile|5 mile| |?|Sun, 18th May|St.Senan's Primary School.|Enniscorthy|?
    County Senior Road Race|5k/10k||No|Fri, 23rd May|Wexford Athletics|Kilmore|5
    Strawberry Half Marathon|13.1 Miles| |?|Sun, 8th Jun|Slaney Olympic AC|Enniscorthy|25
    Strawberry 5 mile|5 mile| |?|Sun, 8th Jun|Slaney Olympic AC|Enniscorthy|15
    Mick Murphy 4 mile|4 mile| |?|Sat, 14th Jun|Sliabh Buidhe Rovers AC|Ferns|?
    Terrarath 5 mile|5 mile||?|Sat, 23rd Aug|United Striders AC|New Ross|?
    Kilmore 10k|10k||?|Sat, 13th Sep|Kilmore AC|Kllmore Village|?
    Ferns Half Marathon|13.1 Miles||?|Sun, 28th Sep|Sliabh Buidhe Rovers AC|Ferns|?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Cooldog

Hi anyone got any course info on the novice and intermediate road races that are on the next 2 weekends, still can't figure out why the 2 races are on consecutive weekends when the majority of the 2 fields will be the same, seems a bit unfair to the athletes to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Cooldog wrote: »
    Hi anyone got any course info on the novice and intermediate road races that are on the next 2 weekends, still can't figure out why the 2 races are on consecutive weekends when the majority of the 2 fields will be the same, seems a bit unfair to the athletes to be honest.

Novice:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/359928241

1 lap ladies, 2 men

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Crogan AC have a meeting tonight with an Agenda of organising the Intermediate Race as per Facebook so guess the course is not finalised yet. Be good to have couple of weeks between them - Novice was originally planned for 9th but think Ballycotton 10 mile conflict was the driver of it being changed.

Crogan AC have a meeting tonight with an Agenda of organising the Intermediate Race as per Facebook so guess the course is not finalised yet. Be good to have couple of weeks between them - Novice was originally planned for 9th but think Ballycotton 10 mile conflict was the driver of it being changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

66_Lad wrote: »

Yes it was the clash with Ballycotton that caused the novice to be changed from the 9th to the 16th........... anyway I personally don't think it makes any difference there only being 7 days between the novice and intermediate, sure most runners are running races every weekend and the novice is only 3k for women and 6k for men so wouldn't take anything outta ya that a recovery run on monday won't sort out and be fresh and ready to go for the intermediate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Yes it was the clash with Ballycotton that caused the novice to be changed from the 9th to the 16th........... anyway I personally don't think it makes any difference there only being 7 days between the novice and intermediate, sure most runners are running races every weekend and the novice is only 3k for women and 6k for men so wouldn't take anything outta ya that a recovery run on monday won't sort out and be fresh and ready to go for the intermediate :)

Yeah, but everyone isn't as fast, adaptable, quick to recover, svelte and graceful as you Bewleys!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Agreed a lot of lads are racing every weekend, but the point I am trying to make is that it is badly organised , if you take the fact that we have only 8 county races (excluding t & f) days every year then is there a need to have them on consecutive weekends. Also with several races being on Paddy's day why not move them a week or so either way, I know there will always be a clash with some other race but why change for a race down in Cork.

Novice XC
    Novice Road
    Int Road
    Int XC
    Snr Road
    Snr XC
    Masters Road
    Masters XC

Podge83 wrote: »

That's great Podge83, a good few of our members were wondering about the course and what sort it'll be so I'll pass this on, thanks very much :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

United Striders AC 5Mile Stride
    23 of August 14 Terreath community hall just outside of New Ross

The first running of this five miler has been a while in the plannining as we have been searching for a good course where runners of all abilites can achive a good time.....
    We feel we have found this course and are really looking forward to hosting our event.....
    Any questions i will try my best to answer....more info to follow as we get closer to the event....

Anyone hear of an update on the Intermediate Road Race this weekend? Wondering if there is any course map, confirmation of start time etc available, not much on the Crogan AC Facebook site either.
    The Novice race was a tough enough course but fair I thought - not ideal ending coming down the hill and into the bend on the roundabout but can't complain really, well organised and plenty of tea after :D

Anyone hear of an update on the Intermediate Road Race this weekend? Wondering if there is any course map, confirmation of start time etc available, not much on the Crogan AC Facebook site either.
    The Novice race was a tough enough course but fair I thought - not ideal ending coming down the hill and into the bend on the roundabout but can't complain really, well organised and plenty of tea after :D

The ladies 4k race will be off at 1pm, which should leave the mens 8k race to start approx 1-30pm (I'd imagine)........ The start is gonna be at the school in Coolgreaney (it's situated in the housing estate - at the top of the village opposite the Top Shop pub turn into the laneway to the right and the school is about 400m down here), with the ladies doing one lap and the men doing two laps - I can't give you a route map but I'm sure someone will be along with one over the next few days.........although there is a bit more info in Croghan A.C.s club notes in the local paper today, with course directions etc......

The finish for the intermediate will be very flat (the last half mile is flat but from what I hear there's a good hill out in the country to keep ye all honest :D)

Hope this helps....

The ladies 4k race will be off at 1pm, which should leave the mens 8k race to start approx 1-30pm (I'd imagine)........ The start is gonna be at the school in Coolgreaney (it's situated in the housing estate - at the top of the village opposite the Top Shop pub turn into the laneway to the right and the school is about 400m down here), with the ladies doing one lap and the men doing two laps - I can't give you a route map but I'm sure someone will be along with one over the next few days.........although there is a bit more info in Croghan A.C.s club notes in the local paper today, with course directions etc......

The finish for the intermediate will be very flat (the last half mile is flat but from what I hear there's a good hill out in the country to keep ye all honest :D)

Hope this helps....

Thanks for that - ill have a look in the Standard later so. Glad to hear there's a good hill in it...its always nice to have a near death experience in a race...and I get a chance to have it twice in this one so even better :eek::eek:

Thanks for that - ill have a look in the Standard later so. Glad to hear there's a good hill in it...its always nice to have a near death experience in a race...and I get a chance to have it twice in this one so even better :eek::eek:

Anyone got a course map link yet...Thanks

Anyone got a course map link yet...Thanks

Ran the route last night - this is a map of what I would imagine is the proposed course (went by the directions on the paper plus what I had heard about the planned course) - the 4km for the ladies (so obviously it'll be two laps for the men).......it's actually a decent course - there is a very steep downhill after the first half mile but after that it's steady drags rather than anything major so I was surprised knowing Coolgreaney how fair the course is (don't shoot the messenger :p)

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/375896799

Ran the route last night - this is a map of what I would imagine is the proposed course (went by the directions on the paper plus what I had heard about the planned course) - the 4km for the ladies (so obviously it'll be two laps for the men).......it's actually a decent course - there is a very steep downhill after the first half mile but after that it's steady drags rather than anything major so I was surprised knowing Coolgreaney how fair the course is (don't shoot the messenger :p)

Thanks for that, looks fair alright so can't complain ... may even be a 5 mile PB course!! :rolleyes:

Thanks BewleysBerry PB course do you think, easier or harder than Ferrycarrig "5" real PB course that.

• Advertisement

Thanks BewleysBerry PB course do you think, easier or harder than Ferrycarrig "5" real PB course that.

I was only going a very steady pace Cooldog so not sure how the course will ''race'' but as long as U don't go too mad on the big downhill first time around I'd say the course is very fair......I wouldn't think PB though as the drags on the second lap for the men will sap the strength....... Ferrycarrig would be faster in my opinion but interesting to see how times go on Sunday for the ladies and men....

Crannford 5 up next. If there are any errors or omissions please let me know.
    Fun Run Gaelscoil Inis Córthaidh|5km||No|Sun, 6th Aprl|Gaelscoil Inis Córthaidh|Enniscorthy|?
    Wexford Half marathon|13.1 Miles| |yes|Sun,27th Apr|Ryano Event Management Ltd|Wexford Town|30
    Vinegar Hill 5 mile|5 mile| |?|Sun, 18th May|St.Senan's Primary School.|Enniscorthy|?
    Strawberry Half Marathon|13.1 Miles| |?|Sun, 8th Jun|Slaney Olympic AC|Enniscorthy|25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭webpal

Seen a sign today for taghmon 10k on May bank holiday Monday, can't find anything online, anyone have any details?

webpal wrote: »
    Seen a sign today for taghmon 10k on May bank holiday Monday, can't find anything online, anyone have any details?

There was a notice on South East Radios community diary today about it (was a bit amused to hear it advertised this way so early but fair play to em....it's on Monday May 4th and they're advertising 700 euro in prizes so sounds like they're putting more effort into it than other years......????) - it's on the May bank holiday Monday. I've never run it but as far as I know it's normally a fairly small local community event with a handful of club runners up front, but feel free to correct me....
    Hope this helps.... :)

Taghmon 10k and Kilmore Quay 5k added.
    Taghmon 10k|10k||No|Mon, 4th May|Taghmon Action Group|Taghmon|?
    Kilmore Quay 5k|5km||No|Sat, 14th Jul|Kilmore AC|Kilmore Quay|?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

I entered the Rosslare 10k race.

This will be my first race ever since taken up running in October.
    My question is, since the Wexford Tri Club are hosting this event, how competitive is this race?
    I will be happy enough if I dont come in last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

SusanneKn wrote: »
    I entered the Rosslare 10k race.

This will be my first race ever since taken up running in October.
    My question is, since the Wexford Tri Club are hosting this event, how competitive is this race?
    I will be happy enough if I dont come in last.

Results from last year. Disclaimer: past results not a great indicator of future performances etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭trailrunner

Anyone know why SBR are boycotting the Craanford 5 mile on Sunday .??
    Was thinking of doing the race but is there something I'm missing or is it just local rivalry....???

Anyone know why SBR are boycotting the Craanford 5 mile on Sunday .??
    Was thinking of doing the race but is there something I'm missing or is it just local rivalry....???

That's a pretty scandalous comment to make. As an organizer of two road races we have found SBR to be great supporters of our races over the years and of all other races in the county. How can you say a race is being boycotted when it hasn't even been run yet. Assuming you are involved with Craanford making a comment like that will not encourage people to take part in your race. Here is a picture from a previous race in Craanford. Spot any SBR runners.
    1374768_479299742169018_1355194935_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭trailrunner

Sorry , it was not meant to offend Wextipp. I'm simply quoting a post on FB from one of their top runners.!!!??!!!

Advertisement