Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Events in Wexford

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

Looks like the Johnstown Castle one is starting early March. Every Saturday @ 9:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Enniscorthy 10k on Sunday week (8th Feb).
    Anyone else in for this?
    Only €10!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

wextipp wrote: »
    Looks like the Johnstown Castle one is starting early March. Every Saturday @ 9@30

Great news. Looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Anyone else in for this?
    Only €10!

I'm going to give it a go. First outing in a while. Heard its a goodun!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Anyone else in for this?
    Only €10!

Yep I am signed up, local race for a tenner is hard to refuse!

Did many sign up for the Ben5k on 1st March in Wexford town? See its closed entries now that 800 has been reached, some turnout.

• Advertisement

66_Lad wrote: »

Did many sign up for the Ben5k on 1st March in Wexford town? See its closed entries now that 800 has been reached, some turnout.

800, that is impressive!. I've signed up. Its about a mile from my front door so kinda silly not to!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fitness fan

I'm in also. Race in my home town....love it ! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Wexford marathon:

Just saw this on Facebook this morning -

http://www.active.com/wexford-wexford/running/distance-running-races/wexford-town-s-1st-marathon-2015

Anyone know anything about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Nothing to add but seems to be related to this

https://www.facebook.com/RunWexford?ref=br_tf

Similar logo anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Good spot - looks like same phone no too. Map on that page indicates Talbot Hotel as a location, so I wonder if that's correct. Just have to keep the ears open.

• Advertisement

The info on the Raven Point and Wexford Marathon runs is very vague. They are both organized by the same person but it doesn't say if they are for charity or being run for profit. I saw a link to it on the Rosslare Duathlon Facebook page (which is for charity) so I am presuming the two above races are the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Funnily enough I presumed that they were both commercial races.

Surely if they were for charity that would be one of the first things mentioned.

pointer28 wrote: »
    Funnily enough I presumed that they were both commercial races.

Surely if they were for charity that would be one of the first things mentioned.
    You are correct, looks like they are both commercial, Curves I think. I was linked to them from the duathlon page so my initial impression was that they were connected to it and then I wasn't sure.

Going to start this again if anyone knows of any races post them. I have the Enniscorthy 10k, the Raven one and the Wex full marathon to add.
    Date|Day|Time|Fee|Name|Dist|Location|Organizer|Status|Measurer/Year|Chip Time|AAI Permit
    01-Mar|Sun|11:00|12|Ben5k.com|5k|Wexford Town|Ben5k|Charity|No|No|Yes
    06-Apr|Mon|?|?|Rosslare 10k|10k|Rosslare Strand|Wexford Tri Club|Club|No|Yes|No
    26-Apr|Sun|?|?|Wexford Half Marathon|13.1 Mile|Wexford Town|Ryano Event Management Ltd|For profit|?|Yes|Yes
    | |?|?|Wexford 10k|10k||Ryano Event Management Ltd|For profit|?|Yes|Yes
    04-May|Mon|11:00|10|Mayglass 4 Mile|4 Mile|Mayglass|Mayglass NS|Community|?|No|?

Park run page now up
    http://www.parkrun.ie/johnstown/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Think these are just fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Deadly, I just realised I missed registration for the Ben5k. That sounds like fun and it's only down the road from me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

dintbo wrote: »
    AFAIK Menapians use the racecourse sometimes, don't know the details though.

Thks, just finished a ten mile loop from clonard around Rocklands and in by the race course. Forgot how hilly it was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Just a quick correction to the Table above.

The Ben5k is both aai measured and chip timed.

Updated list with any available information. Can't find any info on the Strawbarry Half. Is it going ahead this year ?

If there is anything else left out or any errors let me know.

Date|Day|Time|Fee|Name|Dist|Location|Organizer|Status|Chip Time|AAI Permit
    01-Mar|Sun|11:00|12|Ben5k.com|5k|Wexford Town|Ben5k|Charity|Yes|Yes
    01-Mar|Sun|10:30|10|St Patricks school family 5k |5k|Enniscorthy|St Patricks school|Community|No|?
    01-Mar|Sun|?|?|Naomh Eanna GAA 5k |5k|Gorey|Naomh Eanna GAA |Club|No|No
    15-Mar|Sun|?|?|[URL=""]Hollyfort Parish 10k[/URL]|10k|Gorey|Hollyfort Parish |Community|No|No
    17-Mar|Tue|?|?|Davy Fortune memorial 5k|10k|Enniscorthy|Shamrocks GAA|Club|?|?
    29-mar|Sun|11:00|10|Gaelscoil Inis Corthaidh 5k|5k|Enniscorthy|Gaelscoil Inis Corthaidh|Community|No|No
    06-Apr|Mon|11:00|13|Rosslare 10k|10k|Rosslare Strand|Wexford Tri Club|Club|Yes|No
    26-Apr|Sun|10:30|40|Wexford Half Marathon|13.1 Mile|Wexford Town|Ryano Event Management Ltd|For profit|Yes|Yes
    | |10:30|25|Wexford 10k|10k||Ryano Event Management Ltd|For profit|Yes|Yes
    04-May|Mon|11:00|10|Mayglass 4 Mile|4 Mile|Mayglass|Mayglass NS|Community|No|No
    04-May|Mon|11:00|?|Taghmon 10k|10k|Taghmon|Taghmon Action Group|Community|No|No
    17-May|Sun|?|10|Killurin 10k|10k|Killurin|Killurin Rowing Club|Club|No|No
    24-May|Sun|11:00|?|Vinegar Hill 5 mile|5 mile|Enniscorthy|St.Senan's Primary School.|Community|No|?
    07-Jun|Sun|10:00|34|Wexford first Marathon|26.2m|Wexford Town|Deirdre Boland|For profit|Yes|?
    13-Jun|Sat|17:00|15|Mick Murphy 4 Mile|4 mile|Ferns|SBR AC|Club|Yes|Yes
    11-Jul|Sat|?|10|Seafood Festival 5k|5k|Kilmore Quay|Kilmore AC|Club|No|Yes

• Advertisement

Added a few more events above

Don't forget to register for the Parkrun at http://www.parkrun.ie/register/, it's free! If you don't have a barcode you can't run. The first one kicks off on Saturday 7th.

Really well run event in Wexford today, well done to all involved in the Ben 5k. Shame about the weather (my white Ferrycarrig 5 top was positively see through by the end of it) but the spread afterwards helped with the thaw-out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Really well run event in Wexford today, well done to all involved in the Ben 5k. Shame about the weather (my white Ferrycarrig 5 top was positively see through by the end of it) but the spread afterwards helped with the thaw-out!

Lovely race, very well organised it. I was pacing 25 minutes and really enjoyed it despite the weather. +1 on the spread afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Well done to all at who organised and ran the Ben 5k today. Great event. Hope it stays around for future years.

Hey Wextipp, how about adding the county road races to the list:

22 March 2015 County Novice - 6k - Ferns - - County Board/ SBR
    19 April 2015 County Intermediate - 8k - Wexford - County Board/ Menapians
    15 May 2015 County Senior - 10k - Enniscorthy - County Board/ Slaney Olympic
    22 May 2015 County Masters - 6k - Kilrane - County Board/ St Pauls AC

15-Mar|Sun|?|?|[URL=""]Hollyfort Parish 10k[/URL]|10k|Gorey|Hollyfort Parish |Community|No|No
    22-mar|Sun|14:00|?|County Novice Men|6k|Ferns|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    ||||County Novice Women|3k|Ferns|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    29-mar|Sun|11:00|10|Gaelscoil Inis Corthaidh 5k|5k|Enniscorthy|Gaelscoil Inis Corthaidh|Community|No|No
    06-Apr|Mon|11:00|13|Rosslare 10k|10k|Rosslare Strand|Wexford Tri Club|Club|Yes|No
    19-Apr|Sun|14:00|?|County intermediate Men|8k|Wexford Town|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    ||||County intermediate Women|4k|Wexford Town|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    26-Apr|Sun|10:30|40|Wexford Half Marathon|13.1 Mile|Wexford Town|Ryano Event Management Ltd|For profit|Yes|Yes
    15-May|Fri|21:00||County senior men|10k |Enniscorthy|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    |Fri|21:00||County senior women|5k|Enniscorthy|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    22-May|Fri|19:00|?|County master men|6k|Kilrane|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    ||19:00|?|County master women|3k|Kilrane|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    24-May|Sun|11:00|?|Vinegar Hill 5 mile|5 mile|Enniscorthy|St.Senan's Primary School.|Community|No|?
    07-Jun|Sun|10:00|34|Wexford first Marathon|26.2m|Wexford Town|Deirdre Boland|For profit|Yes|?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

15-Mar|Sun|?|?|Hollyfort Parish 10k|10k|Gorey|Hollyfort Parish |Community|No|No
    22-mar|Sun|14:00|?|County Novice Men|6k|Ferns|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    ||||County Novice Women|3k|Ferns|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    19-Apr|Sun|14:00|?|County intermediate Men|8k|Wexford Town|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    ||||County intermediate Women|4k|Wexford Town|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    15-May|Fri|21:00||County senior men|10k |Enniscorthy|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    |Fri|21:00||County senior women|5k|Enniscorthy|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    22-May|Fri|19:00|?|County master men|6k|Kilrane|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes
    ||19:00|?|County master women|3k|Kilrane|Athletics Wexford|Championship|No|Yes

I Should have given Ladies distances too... Not an MCP... Really

menoscemo wrote: »
    Lovely race, very well organised it. I was pacing 25 minutes and really enjoyed it despite the weather. +1 on the spread afterwards

I'm very sorry if this has been said before but were you the pacer who looks a bit like Tommy Tiernan? I only ask cos I was hoping for sub 23 so I kept a close eye out for sub 20 and sub 25 pacer at the start and tried to stay in between the two of you so I happened to notice what ye both looked like :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I'm very sorry if this has been said before but were you the pacer who looks a bit like Tommy Tiernan? I only ask cos I was hoping for sub 23 so I kept a close eye out for sub 20 and sub 25 pacer at the start and tried to stay in between the two of you so I happened to notice what ye both looked like :):)

haha, yeah it's been said before. I prefer Roy Keane :p;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

menoscemo wrote: »

You seemed to be on the ball for that [ace going through 2K. Passed you & gang of merry men & women around that mark @ 9:45. Heard you rallying them & encouraging them on.

Spread could have fed an army afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Cooldog

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the Wexford half marathon course, I have done the Strawberry Half in Enniscorthy and the Ferns Half, so just wondering how Wexford compares as a course harder, easier faster etc...Thanks

Advertisement