Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Events in Wexford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

RAFA B wrote: »
    Has anyone ever run in the half marathon in Curracole in October? I think it's road, trail and beach. Just wondering what it was like? Thanks.

I've done the 10k the twice it's been on and the half marathon is basically 2 laps of the 10k course (with a bit added on of course)........it starts near the car park at the Winning Post - starting on tarmac then the race goes onto trails soon enough with the last 2to3 miles on the beach - there's plenty of good running and it's very flat but obviously it's slower than the road....hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Any 5mile/10k/10mile races knocking around this fine county this Fri/Sat?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

Thanks.
    Might be too short but there is a 5k in Tomhaggard

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tomhaggard-Fun-Run/1612889162290040?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

wextipp wrote: »

A tad short alright but thanks anyway

wextipp wrote: »

A tad short alright but thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

Thanks.

Slaney Olympic A.C. have another leg of their Summer series this Friday in Monagear - it's a 5km (it has fast start with a couple of tough hills in the second half).....check out their website

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Thanks.

Shelmaliers GAA Club near Castlebridge have a 10k (Ibar's 10k) on Sunday 23 August 2015:

http://www.active.com/wexford-leinster/running/distance-running-races/ibars-6km-fun-walk-run-and-10km-2015

Don't know anything about it, just saw a few signs up

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

Lads, does anyone know where I could find a route map for the Oylegate half? Can't see anything on their facebook page or on any of the advertising sites.

Failing that, can someone tell me the route? I can probably figure it from there.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RAFA B

I've done the 10k the twice it's been on and the half marathon is basically 2 laps of the 10k course (with a bit added on of course)........it starts near the car park at the Winning Post - starting on tarmac then the race goes onto trails soon enough with the last 2to3 miles on the beach - there's plenty of good running and it's very flat but obviously it's slower than the road....hope this helps :)

Thanks a lot much appreciated. I believe there is very little parking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Lads, does anyone know where I could find a route map for the Oylegate half? Can't see anything on their facebook page or on any of the advertising sites.

Failing that, can someone tell me the route? I can probably figure it from there.

Thanks!

Cant help. Was looking myself, not that it matters hugely. Going to sign up for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Kissy Lips wrote: »
    Cant help. Was looking myself, not that it matters hugely. Going to sign up for this.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=z5btGwzqo9zw.kM79sDSOJOIE&hl=en

Google says this was it back in 2012 anyway!

I've only done the 10k myself, so I can neither confirm nor deny.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

druss wrote: »

Heard somewhere that the half will be 2 laps of the 10 K course & a bit extra to make up the 1+K extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

That looks like what it was in 2013 but again I'm not in the know about any changes. It was a decent enough course back then, surface a bit crap in places but no huge hills.

druss wrote: »

The new route starts After Oylegate School, goes out past the GAA Club (race HQ) turns left and follows some back roads until you come out on the N11 North of Oylegate, back into Oylegate, turn left back across the Start line, past the GAA Club again and another lap to finish in the GAA Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Just signed up for the Fern half on Saturday. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Easter Monday March 28th '16…Rosslare 10k. Lovely route - 2x 5k laps - and it's club-run (Wexford Tri Club). It's an annual event and always popular - hope you can join us. Enter on active.com - more details via the Wexford Tri Club Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

Our 4 mile run went very well last year. Going with the same day and format this year. Full details at the race web-site or follow on Facebook. The only change is a slight change to the route this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

A bit early , but any word on the Strawberry Half in June ???

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RAFA B

Does anyone know if the Ferns half marathon is on again this year? Hoping it is and that is on around September 10th. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Can anyone direct me to a route for the Wexford 10k or HM on 17th April. Any other info, endorsements etc. would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks

• Advertisement

wrstan wrote: »
    Can anyone direct me to a route for the Wexford 10k or HM on 17th April. Any other info, endorsements etc. would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks

It's all here:

http://www.wexfordhalfmarathon.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭webpal

MisterDrak wrote: »
    A bit early , but any word on the Strawberry Half in June ???

details here:

http://www.slaneyolympic.com/strawberry-half-5-mile/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Any thing on the 23th April in Wexford?

Down home, so wouldn't mind a race, don't want to do the parkrun as don't like the surface

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭webpal

Any thing on the 23th April in Wexford?

Down home, so wouldn't mind a race, don't want to do the parkrun as don't like the surface

Seen a few signs for an 8k obstacle course in blackwater on 24th if that's any use. If you want more details let me know and I'll slow down when I pass one next.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

webpal wrote: »
    Seen a few signs for an 8k obstacle course in blackwater on 24th if that's any use. If you want more details let me know and I'll slow down when I pass one next.

Thanks but I be heading back that morning.

I just go for a 10 mile run

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fitness fan

https://www.facebook.com/events/1543033869339653/?ti=cl
    Menapians hosting a 5k on Jul 28 to celebrate 15years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭Grueller

Just home from Sliabh buidhe rovers annual Mick Murphy memorial 5k. Great race as always and won by Freddy Keron in 15:32.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Hi folks. I was wondering if anyone knew where to find info on the Oylegate half in a couple of weeks. Their facebook page hasn't been updated since posting pics of last years race. I'm mostly curious about the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I think it is the same 2 lap course again this year. Have a flyer for it at home and can see if any more details are on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

dintbo wrote: »
    Hi folks. I was wondering if anyone knew where to find info on the Oylegate half in a couple of weeks. Their facebook page hasn't been updated since posting pics of last years race. I'm mostly curious about the route.

In previous years you'd almost think they were trying to keep the race a secret! It's a shame, they're nice events.

Advertisement