Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plantagen selling off bulbs for 1 euro

Options
  • 15-01-2012 8:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up to anyone interested.

Plantagen,The large garden centre out in Malahide,are currently selling off various packs of bulbs for 1 euro.

But be quick,as alot of the stuff is flying out the door.

We picked up a heap of 120cm tall Mars Alliums for 1 euro each yesterday.1 large bulb per pack.Normal price was 4 euro 70 cents each.So a bargain at 1 euro.

We also got a heap of of 80cm tall "Purple Sensation" Allium bulbs too.8 bulbs per pack.Normal price was 4 euro a pack,again only 1 euro a pack.

Going to plant them in the garden and also the allotment tomorrow,as we want the garden and allotment absolutely covered in them,when it comes to flowering time.:D

Planted a few of these "Pachysandra Terminalis" yesterday in the garden to create a nice spreading low level evergreen ground cover with nice white flowers.We wanted to fill out tsome of he space around the various Baux Ball Hedges and also the multi-stem birch tree.Got them for 1 euro 40 cents a pot,so it was a no brainer really.We also aqquired several pots of "Mind Your Own Business".
    Its a lovely type of low level grassy/mossy plant that spreads out and carpets the ground.So that will be planted in the next day or 2.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Well,everything is planted,as of this afternoon.:)

I nearly was planting the bulbs upside down in the soil,but luckily for me,my girlfriend copped what I was doing and quickly put me in my place and showed me that the bulbs actually go in with the root area facing down and not up,like I was planting them..........

Oops.:o:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

I'd hate to see you fitting a light bulb :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

slowburner wrote: »
    I'd hate to see you fitting a light bulb :D

I know I know.:o

She thinks I have a fetish for LED lights,as every bulb in the entire house is LED.The only way though.Long lasting and low energy usage and bills.:D

Advertisement