Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fertilizer prices?

• 15-01-2012 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

just wondering did anyone get prices on prilled or granular urea yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Got some urea today for 460 a ton
    Do ye think its a bit early to spread or should I work away

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

djmc wrote: »
    Got some urea today for 460 a ton
    Do ye think its a bit early to spread or should I work away

Where abouts are you spreading? Outer mongolia:p might be too dry, but if you're in cork or anywhere up the west coast as far as mayo you'd get an economic response, especially if it was being grazed by dairy cows next month.

http://www.met.ie/latest/agricultural.asp

soil temp is down at the bottom of the page on the above link

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

blue5000 wrote: »
    Where abouts are you spreading? Outer mongolia:p might be too dry, but if you're in cork or anywhere up the west coast as far as mayo you'd get an economic response, especially if it was being grazed by dairy cows next month.

http://www.met.ie/latest/agricultural.asp

soil temp is down at the bottom of the page on the above link
    €410 a tonne , top lift big bags urea, got it today... spread on monday

In kerry but I think all the rain that misses outer mongolia falls on my farm so I will have to put it out with a quad
    Just wondering if soil temps drop and we get frost will it still work as there is talk
    of a cold spell coming at the end of january in the weather fourm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭nilhg

djmc wrote: »
    In kerry but I think all the rain that misses outer mongolia falls on my farm so I will have to put it out with a quad
    Just wondering if soil temps drop and we get frost will it still work as there is talk
    of a cold spell coming at the end of january in the weather fourm

Jeez, they're always talking of cold spells over there:D

On balance you'd think we are due some more normal weather, but I'd think as long as you don't go mad you'll get a decent benefit, soil temps are above normal at the moment and the nitrogen should be taken up into the plants reasonably quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

mongolia is €460 a ton and county louth is €410 a ton for urea.

Did someone get rode?

mongolia is €460 a ton and county louth is €410 a ton for urea.

Did someone get rode?

Ah sure whelan would have loads of money after milking cows all winter, and is probably able to pay cash. No offence but the other price could be 50kg bags and 3 months credit?

i put mine on account:) texted 3 sales reps only 1 came back to me with a price, one of the others said the price is to drop in a few weeks, just got a small bit to keep me going, edited to say that was collected price

Mine was 50kg bags delivered and 3 months credit also transport costs are high
    to outside outer Mongolia :D

i ordered 2 pallets as up til now there was 1.5 tonne of urea on a pallet, turns out now there is 2 tonne on a pallet of urea! there used to be 4 x 375kg bags on a pallet, so i got 4 tonne rather than the 3 tonne i wanted:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

whelan1 wrote: »
    i ordered 2 pallets as up til now there was 1.5 tonne of urea on a pallet, turns out now there is 2 tonne on a pallet of urea! there used to be 4 x 375kg bags on a pallet, so i got 4 tonne rather than the 3 tonne i wanted:cool:

what brand fertilizer is it (gouldings/ grasslands?). that doesnt really suit me as my spinner normally holds either two bags of can or two bags of these .375 bags of urea. even though the urea doesnt way as much the two bags still nearly take up as much room as the two bags of can. id say my spinner could be all out to fit the two bags in without it spilling out :O

will check in the morning what brand

Any up-dates on price for urea?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i paid €435 per tonne last week. and i got 10 tonne.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 galway 4 sam

Any CAN prices? was quoted 450 for 0-7-30 and 335 for CAN. small bags tonne rate. In Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

granulated 435 prilled 415 for half lorry min 12 ton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Any CAN prices? was quoted 450 for 0-7-30

Just curious.... why 0-7-30 now in spring? Would you not spread something like 10-10-20 instead?

Or will you spread the 0-7-30 now and the nitrogen later?

Advertisement