Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom charging VAT twice on NGB €39.99 bundle

Options
  • 15-01-2012 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I recently switched back to Eircom from Vodafone and signed up to the €39.99 bundle which is advertised as including vat, line rental, 8gb BB and eircom talktime chatter.

Just after receiving my 3rd bill from them and noticed that they have charged VAT on the entire bill, including the 39.99 package! Even though this was advertised as including VAT.

So the bill summary reads

package charges = €41.97 (included excess use charge, no problem with that)
    service charge = €3.54
    call charges = €19.27
    vat on €64.78 @23% = €14.89
    Total . . . . €79.67

Is there a reasonable explanation for this? Is it happening to others or is it just false advertising and overcharging on Eircom's part?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The 41.97 doesn't include Vat, It doesn't look like you've been overcharged but I couldn't be 100% correct without seeing the bill.

Your 39.99 would have been 32.51 ex vat, you were charged 41.97 ex vat for going out of bundle, so you paid €9.46 ex vat on top of your 32.51 ex vat bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deejc

I thought it was something to do with the excess use as well, however that only was for 2gb and charged at 3.30 on the bill so it doesn't make up the 9ish euro difference. Going to ring them in the morning to see whats going on. thanks though.

Advertisement