Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to base myself?

Options
  • 15-01-2012 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

As the title says Im looking for some recommendations on places to use as a good base around/ within easy reach of Twelve pins/Lough Corrib and Connemara. I will have a car but am not familiar with the area.

It will be for 2 days with photography in mind, oh and 2 kids in tow (they both like the countryside)

Any help advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    LeoB

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Clifden is nice, I stayed there a couple of years ago. Plenty of Campsites, B&Bs and hotels depending on what you're after.

Pine Island is a must for photographers.

http://www.focuspocus.org/prints/connemara.php

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Shans28

Oughterard would be handy for what you want. Plenty of decent B&B's out the Glann Rd overlooking Lough Corrib with some pretty stunning scenery for pictures. Connemara is just back the road. You could be in Clifden in 30/40mins, Joyce country (North Connemara) is close by and Leenane/Killary area in less then an hour. From Leenane you can run up to Lettergesh, Renvyle area which is also recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Oughterard, Leenane, Clifden or even Delphi.

Advertisement