Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best level 6/7's for Law and other questions

• 15-01-2012 9:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭

I've really want do do a law course but outside of DIT/Griffith the points might be a little high.
    What are the reputations of DIT/Griffith like?

Failing this it's my understanding I can do a level 6/7 first then gain a place in a university in the future. I know almost nothing about the process and my career guidance teacher is nothing short of a joke. Hopefully I'll get the points for UCD/NUIM and all this will be for nothing but it's nice to be prepared.

Thanks for any help given in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭lainey108

if you go down the level 6-7-8 path, for every certificate you complete i think the price goes up, for example your entrance fee for level 6 is 2000, you enterance fee for the level 7 course then goes up to 8000. i dont know if finance is an issue for you? thats the only bit of information i can give as i dont know about law courses, but i was looking at the add on route myself for business, thats how i know about the fees.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭dovahkiin

lainey108 wrote: »
    if you go down the level 6-7-8 path, for every certificate you complete i think the price goes up, for example your entrance fee for level 6 is 2000, you enterance fee for the level 7 course then goes up to 8000. i dont know if finance is an issue for you? thats the only bit of information i can give as i dont know about law courses, but i was looking at the add on route myself for business, thats how i know about the fees.

Thanks, that's good to know, I'll take any information or advice anyone can give, I haven't really looked into the application process at all and as I said above my careers teacher might as well not be there.

What you said has me edging towards Griffith since the price will be high either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

I want to do law as well but I'm not putting any level 6/7 courses on my CAO.
    I will be adding law in NUIG to my CAO as my number 9 or 10 choice it was above 300 points last year so I think its not too high.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭dovahkiin

angela1711 wrote: »
    I want to do law as well but I'm not putting any level 6/7 courses on my CAO.
    I will be adding law in NUIG to my CAO as my number 9 or 10 choice it was above 300 points last year so I think its not too high.

Yeah, I'm the same so far with DIT/Griffith both around 300 which is well within the range I'm capable of, I just don't want to end up with a poor degree so I'd like information on those colleges.

Advertisement