Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger sr22 pistol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

$399 wonder what that wound convert to over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

It would Be classed as restricted because of the 10 shot mag unless you could get a 5rd ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

It would Be classed as restricted because of the 10 shot mag unless you could get a 5rd ?

most of the pistols on the famous list are 10 round too , but can be pinned to 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Isn't the barrel only 3.5 inches and thus restricted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

As above, a mag can be pinned to only take 5, the problem with the sr22 pistol is that the barrel length is 3.5" or 8.89cm, which is less than the 10cm minimum barrel length for a short firearm.

• Advertisement

Hibrion wrote: »
    Isn't the barrel only 3.5 inches and thus restricted?

whats the lower limit for barrel length ?

rowa wrote: »
    whats the lower limit for barrel length ?

10cm

thats a pity, it looks like a good little pistol and its getting good reviews online, i want a dartboard with a picture of dermot aherns ugly mush on it.

thats a pity, it looks like a good little pistol and its getting good reviews online, i want a dartboard with a picture of dermot aherns ugly mush on it.

Yeah looks nice alright :) If you like 1911's have a look at the colt rail gun .22lr. Nice gun and you can licence it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

She really looks like the Walther P22 - hope it shoots better though.

Thanks for the link. I'll ask around see if anyone has one and give it a shot.

Might even pick one up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

New pistol from ruger called the sr22 ,its only been out a few months ,has anyone got one or shot one ?

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr22Pistol/models.html
    Here's it in action

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

Yes looks like a nice bit of kit,would not mind getting my hands on one of these. Must check with my gun dealer and see can he get me one.

Advertisement