Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STATIK PHIL MACKINTOSH 14/01/2012 REVIEW

Options
  • 15-01-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Statik Review Phil Mackintosh 14/01/2012

Will keep this short and sweet (or maybe not)(and as always Honest).Pre gig we were impressed with the general feed back around this date and in the venue in general but at the back of our minds we were thinking its early January which is always a very very quiet period for the bars and clubs around the country,Well I'm glad to say any nerves we had before hand were quickly gone as soon as the doors opened!

Kicking off proceedings we had Dj Hectic who is a very talented dj from Kildare. Sadly the guy doesn't get enough gigs around the country but I'm sure that will change for 2012,Solid as **** set,Nice groovy tech dance that set the tempo perfectly.Really looking forward to hearing him in the near future,

After Hectic we had the Tipp duo of Tek Nik and Tommy Grant. The 2 guys are regulars to Kilkenny and never fall to disappoint ,Tek Nik has always been a firm favourite of mine from way back. Always top tune selection with top class mixing,Tommy G hasn't played Kilkenny as much but each time he gets his chance he certainly takes them,One dodgy mix would unsettle most but he reacted to it marvellously which is a sign of a good dj...

Next up on the dexs we had a limerick native, A guy who has a huge future ahead of him,None other than Ninjatek,Id describe him as Ireland's version of "Argy " or new kid on the block "Phil Mackintosh" for his skills behind the Dex's, Its great to see a dj take full effect of the equipment in front of him. Using the mixer etc perfectly as they should be,Tune selection was top notch from Ninjatek as we have come to expect

The long over due return of Peter Ryan and Leon Clarke were next, At this stage place was full on rocking great to see for a new club in early January.The guys as usual rocked it.I didn't get to hear all of there set but I'm sure i heard some of leons tracks and a remix of "Ratty Sunrise"...

Then we welcomed man of the moment Phil Mackintosh,We had received a mix from Phil a few months ago and within 7 minutes of the mix i knew we were onto something special,As any 1 who knows much about music, its easy for some 1 to make a Cd on the laptop but when it comes to doing it like its another thing altogether,,,, So we were excited to see if he was going to live up to all the hype,Its safe to say i wasn't the only one in the place blown away by his skills, To think this guy is only 20 he really has a HUGE future ahead of him.His set was full on Bosh,He was doing tricks that Ive never seen before,His energy in the dj box was unreal. Its easy to see why the top promoters in the Uk are all looking for Phil, Hes a sound bloke on top of that,Very nice attitude and a gent to work with, Looking forward to getting him back again

Over all a great night was had by all,A few minor tweaks will be added for next weekends event with Techno Sensation David Moleon,Thanks every body ,The djs ,The Customers,The Staff of D2/Dukes,The Management and the djs for making it what it was,See you next weekend for more of the same

Advertisement