Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you let your child get this big?

• 15-01-2012 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I thought I had seen everything on Maury until I came across this.

If that is just from the mother over feeding her and not because of a medical condition, should social services intervene?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

That's fare mank.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

A modern day Hansel and Gretel. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I read the title as bag and I thought I was looking at a bean bag.

Sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Good singer. Sad thing is she'll never get a record deal until she's disgustingly anorexic. The world can be a cruel place:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

That girl can truly sing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I heard the girl ate that microphone after the programme finished

Form of child abuse tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

That is disgusting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Form of child abuse tbh
    I agree and the mother is in denial and keeps insisting that the little girl hasn't put on anymore weight :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

sorry not looking if the still is anything to go by. Ive just eaten Id like it to remain down my throat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Cruel as it sounds, I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a laugh at 1.14.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

Im going to have nightmares now

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Good singer. Sad thing is she'll never get a record deal until she's disgustingly anorexic. The world can be a cruel place:(

She was four years old at the time and only sang for about two seconds. I doubt a record studio would be kicking her door in to get her to sign a contract regardless of her weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Not too many people in the pop industry whom I'd describe as anorexic. I think you're thinking more along the lines of the fashion industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

That's very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The Mother is a dumb bitch.

I feel sorry for the kid.

She will be dead because she is so fat by the time she is old enough for a record deal, I think that is a bit crueler dont you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

She was four years old at the time and only sang for about two seconds. I doubt a record studio would be kicking her door in to get her to sign a contract regardless of her weight.

FREEZE!

EMI RECORDS!

GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!

GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!

PUT YOUR HANDS OUT SO I CAN SEE 'EM!

TAKE THIS PEN!

TAKE THIS PEN!

SIGN THE CONTRACT!

SIGN THE MOTHERFUCKING CONTRACT!

Cuff her boys :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

It's horrific to see a child that fat. And she didn't lose any weight over those years on that clip either so they're not doing much to help her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

• Advertisement

I'll have to play devils advocate here and say she seems very happy regardless. They said she's not putting on more weight and will be over 6ft. Having her sing was awful though, sorry but that was just bad Karaoke and she hasn't got what it takes to make it in music industry. She doesn't even seem to want it enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Mother clearly isn't fit to raise the child if she lets her get into that state. This is a form of child abuse, simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭nyan warrior

Feed it more then sell it to the chinese for meat

muckisluck wrote: »
    amazing how different she looks. what about that extra skin? what can they do about that?

I'll have to play devils advocate here and say she seems very happy regardless. They said she's not putting on more weight and will be over 6ft. Having her sing was awful though, sorry but that was just bad Karaoke and she hasn't got what it takes to make it in music industry. She doesn't even seem to want it enough.

oh well as long as she is happy that's the important thing.

She should have the child taken off her. If the child was smoking or drinking at 5 the child would be taken off her. Letting her get in that state is a much higher health risk. So sad that poor child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

i guess if i had a boat that needed balas,i would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Answer: no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

amazing how different she looks. what about that extra skin? what can they do about that?

She'll have to have surgery to get it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

I might edit this clip and put in the following sound track. i think it would be more effective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrMEqlKDKbs

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Mom was her role model by the looks of those photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

muckisluck wrote: »

She looks like a rubber doll thats been deflated. She will grow into her skin I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

It's child abuse, plain and simple. If she keeps going at that rate, she will die very very young. And all because her parents kept feeding/letting her eat pure and utter sh1te :(

Social services should step in and intervene before its too late. Her lazy idiotic parents should be prosecuted for wilful negligence. Obesity is not a disease or disability in itself, it's a condition that is (usually) self incurred that causes disease and disability.

I never thought much about it until I was in Disneyland and witnessed numerous morbidly obese people flying around on mobility scooters with big baskets on the front loaded with crisps, chocolate and fast food :eek:

http://www.google.ie/search?q=woman+on+mobility+scooter+eating&tbm=isch&pbx=1&aq=f&oq=&aqi=-k0d0t0&fkt=2957&fsdt=18475&cqt=&rst=&htf=&his=&maction=&site=images&gl=ie&source=mog&ltoken=308c1b9e&biw=320&bih=416&sei=sFQTT-7-EsbNhAe2qYS-Ag#i=11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

Ironically at a bmi of 18.2 she's slightly underweight now when you take off the 9kg of extra skin.What she has achieved is truly amazing and i hope she can have a normal healthy life now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

ronan45 wrote: »
    She will grow into her skin I guess
    Won't she be back to where she started then?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Paddy Cow wrote: »

If that is just from the mother over feeding her and not because of a medical condition, should social services intervene?

Do you really have to ask that? Of course social services should have intervened, breathing problems at 4 because of her weight? That is shocking.
    Sad thing is she'll never get a record deal until she's disgustingly anorexic. The world can be a cruel place:(

Name some singers who are disgustingly anorexic then Teddy?

SugarCoat wrote: »
    Ironically at a bmi of 18.2 she's slightly underweight now when you take off the 9kg of extra skin.What she has achieved is truly amazing and i hope she can have a normal healthy life now.

She's at a healthy BMI if you use the child BMI chart.

Tayla wrote: »
    Do you really have to ask that? Of course social services should have intervened, breathing problems at 4 because of her weight? That is shocking.

Name some singers who are disgustingly anorexic then Teddy?
    Amy Winehouse was

Amy Winehouse was

Amy winehouse was a bit of an exception wouldn't you think? Your post implied that you have to be disgustingly anorexic to get a record deal.

Amy winehouse was a bit of an exception wouldn't you think? Your post implied that you have to be disgustingly anorexic to get a record deal.
    Oh no I don't think that. I was actually joking about the kids singing career because of the title of the thread.

• Advertisement

Oh no I don't think that. I was actually joking about the kids singing career because of the title of the thread.

Ah I see, I'm a bit slow tonight :)

Ah I see, I'm a bit slow tonight :)
    No it's because I don't add the smileys when I'm joking sometimes, I really need to do that more:o:)

Amy Winehouse was
    Amy doesn't count. She didn't eat because of all the drugs she took, not because she was anorexic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Form of child abuse tbh

This is America, and it's a different culture.

Now if the child was gay, they'd be in there in a heartbeat with FBI backup.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eyesquirm

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    This is America, and it's a different culture.

Now if the child was gay, they'd be in there in a heartbeat with FBI backup.

No, I think this is Ireland. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

eyesquirm wrote: »
    No, I think this is Ireland. :pac:

Was, maybe. These days we're pretty moderate by US standards

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Would I let my child outweigh me by age three and be heavier than a third-row forward by the time she started school?

Most likely not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

LOL at the article in the link from page 1
    Her diet would consist of a lot of fried potatoes and fried chicken, which I now realise is bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I was in Disneyland and witnessed numerous morbidly obese people flying around on mobility scooters with big baskets on the front loaded with crisps, chocolate and fast food :eek:

That is hilarious.

The last one is nearly too big to fit on the scooter :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement