Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for info about wiring heating systems please?

• 15-01-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

I am wiring my parents house, its newly built. I am newly qualified and I'm getting a friend to certify the house.

I have not got that much experience in dealing with heating systems. They are getting in one of them tanks that will suit solar panels. I'm just wondering how much power will I have to bring to the hot press.
    Say for instance there is 3 electrical valve's, a stat on the tank (if there is a valve on the tank and a stat do they have to be linked together in anyway?), and then power for the solar panels(Is 1.5sq enough for the solar panels). And there is 2 stats in the house(upstairs and downstairs). Do all the cables for the valve's and stats have to go back to the digital time clock? What goes back to the DB? Also for the time clock will I use a strap box or a double box and a single box for a spur? Which box fits the digital time clock? What is the best digital time clock to get?

I would be very grateful if anyone can give me any help on this.

Thanks in advance,
    Beng.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

Im not trying to be smart or put you down but just by going on the questions you are asking means it would be very difficult to explain how to wire up those two systems in a couple of posts here.

Heating systems are the type of jobs that are easy to a person who knows how or at least has some idea but very very difficult to explain to someone that doesnt know, especially when you are not there on site.

Im sorry for the negetive advice which is actually against what this forum is all about but I honestly think you would be saving yourself a lot of time and hard ship if you just got someone in to do it.Ive spend so much time talking to lads over the phone trying to explain how heating systems work and at the end of it they still cant get it going.(Maybe Im just bad at explaining things):D

Anyway there a couple of wiring diagrams floating around here if you do give it a bash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

it's not allowed to get your friend certify your work

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

M cebee wrote: »
    it's not allowed to get your friend certify your work

Oh yea I ment to say that too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

a 'wiring centre' will simplify things if you're not familiar with heating systems

you just connect everything in

but there is a bit of a learning curve with heating systems so you'll prob make some mistakes-depending on extent of work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

have a look at fishdogs diagrams in the sticky
    (Boiler control 3 Channel time clock - with 3 zone valves and 3 stats)
    1.5 is normaly for solar panel controler
    1.5 for heating control
    2.5 for immersion
    10mm bonding
    depending on how you layout your system you also may need local isolators in the hotpress for the motrised valves

ask whos certing you job to go tru the heating system and what way he would like it layed out cuz its a bitch to have to change it after :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

have a look at fishdogs diagrams in the sticky

That diagram needs a slight alteration if its a boiler with a control loop in it going out to the motorised valve contacts and back to boiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

paddymick wrote: »
    Heating systems are the type of jobs that are easy to a person who knows how or at least has some idea but very very difficult to explain to someone that doesnt know, especially when you are not there on site.

Im sorry for the negetive advice which is actually against what this forum is all about but I honestly think you would be saving yourself a lot of time and hard ship if you just got someone in to do it.Ive spend so much time talking to lads over the phone trying to explain how heating systems work and at the end of it they still cant get it going.(Maybe Im just bad at explaining things):D
    Id agree with all that. Its all about understanding how the system works, rather than just trying to remember it.

Advertisement