Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad issue

Options
  • 15-01-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

I was browsing boards in a secret location this morning on a suave Ipad 2. I did't log in to my own account because I didn't wanr my client contacting me out of hours.
    Anyways I was unable to read a spoiler tag, is there a way to do this? I imagine the problem occurs from using an Iphone also.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I was browsing boards in a secret location this morning on a suave Ipad 2. I did't log in to my own account because I didn't wanr my client contacting me out of hours.
    Anyways I was unable to read a spoiler tag, is there a way to do this? I imagine the problem occurs from using an Iphone also.

Just press 'quote' and youll see the hidden text inside the Spolier tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Just press 'quote' and youll see the hidden text inside the Spolier tags.
    Is that the only way to do it? It's very tedious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Is that the only way to do it? It's very tedious!

Think so, at least for the iPad.
    If youve got an iPhone 4S, you can just get Siri to read it out to you without having to quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ive a smart phone so to read spoilers its just a matter of double tapping on the spoilered text and it shows up.I presume all touch screens are like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

http://touch.boards.ie will show spoilers if you tap on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

A mate of mine had an Ipad issue similar to this but thankfully he got it sorted..

vv

vv

vv

vv

vv

vv

ipad_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

I have a tablet (I bought a good one and didn't fall for the publicity surrounding the inferior ipad :D), and find boards.ie cumbersome and difficult to navigate using the tablet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

easychair wrote: »
    I have a tablet (I bought a good one and didn't fall for the publicity surrounding the inferior ipad :D), and find boards.ie cumbersome and difficult to navigate using the tablet.
    That's because it was not built with tablets in mind. boards was founded in 1998, there was no such thing as a tablet except for the ones that you pop.

http://touch.boards.ie as the name suggests was built with touch screen devices in mind. The core functionality of boards works and works well there on touch screen devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

The core functionality of boards works and works well there on touch screen devices.

I don't agree, and as i've said I find boards.ie cumbersome and difficult to navigate on my tablet. no amount of telling me it works well changes that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I don't agree, and as i've said I find boards.ie cumbersome and difficult to navigate on my tablet. no amount of telling me it works well changes that!

I don't see how touch can be difficult. It would be cumbersome to a degree as you can't browse forums by categories and has to be by a full list, but with Favourited/Followed forums listed first so there's a way around that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

Ill just jump in here on boards touch,

I thought it was the back button not working on my wp7 phone , but lately i have to press it twice to go back a page (it could be to do with some ad not showing up at the bottom of the page. (back button works on other sites)

I would also like to see a top of page button at the bottom to save scrolling back to the top of the page every time.

One other thing if i click a link in a post and then go back to boards it does not remember where i was , it puts me back to the top of the page.

rgds

cuppa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Can you explain what exactly you find to not work on our touch site? Just saying you disagree doesn't help us to improve thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

cuppa wrote: »
    Ill just jump in here on boards touch,

I thought it was the back button not working on my wp7 phone , but lately i have to press it twice to go back a page (it could be to do with some ad not showing up at the bottom of the page. (back button works on other sites)

I would also like to see a top of page button at the bottom to save scrolling back to the top of the page every time.

One other thing if i click a link in a post and then go back to boards it does not remember where i was , it puts me back to the top of the page.

rgds

cuppa

Thanks for the feedback. The jump to bottom/top link is an interesting suggestion, the native iphone app that's currently in development has a similar feature and it is very convenient. As always with mobile/touch development though, finding space for it on the screen is always a challenge!

Advertisement