Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing/deleting a really old post

Options
  • 16-01-2012 1:28am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to edit one of my old posts because it has my full name in it; however, there is no edit icon in the bottom right corner, possibly because I made the post over ten years ago. Can anyone advise on how to proceed?

I am guessing that PMing the mod will be the first suggestion, but that's not really an option because it is quite a dead forum and the mod hasn't posted there since 2008.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You can only edit a post for 48 hours after posting it. Beyond that and you'll need a mod to remove it. Removing personal details is a valid reason so I don't imagine there'd be any reason for it not to be removed if you request it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

The mod is inactive, the forum is pretty much inactive, there aren't any C-mods because it is a hosted forum

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Pm me a link to it there, and I'll take care of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement