Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods

• 16-01-2012 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Can anyone explain to me how Littlewoods credit agreement works? Can i pay as much as i like once its over the minimun 10 a month?
    Example: Buying a game @ €54
    Can i pay €27 this month and €27 next month?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

Yes you can pay what you want but dont forget there is interest on your acc.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

mercenary2 wrote: »
    Yes you can pay what you want but dont forget there is interest on your acc.

yes i know that. Thank you

How do you apply for a credit limit? i tried to order but it keeps telling me to pay by card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nix84

amandaf675 wrote: »
    How do you apply for a credit limit? i tried to order but it keeps telling me to pay by card?

They have a new rule where by you now have to have put money on your account before you can make your first order. I think it's €40 or something.

how do you do that?

• Advertisement

how do you do that?

I'm gonna presume you don't have a credit or Visa debit card so if you ring them I think they take Laser cards over the phone otherwise you'll have to get them to send you out a bank giro so you can credit your account through the Post Office or set up a billpay.ie account and pay through them. This takes a few days though.

nix84 wrote: »
    I'm gonna presume you don't have a credit or Visa debit card so if you ring them I think they take Laser cards over the phone otherwise you'll have to get them to send you out a bank giro so you can credit your account through the Post Office or set up a billpay.ie account and pay through them. This takes a few days though.

i have a visa card but i cant afford to pay for the full game until maybe 2 weeks and need it sooner than that!
    this online thing is complicated

i have a visa card but i cant afford to pay for the full game until maybe 2 weeks and need it sooner than that!
    this online thing is complicated

You don't have to pay the full amount. Ring them, they'll be able to take whatever the amount that they now want before opening the credit account is. Then you can order the game and just have the remainder on credit. The amount they want might not even be €40. I've had my account for years so never had to deal with this but a lad at work had a hell of a lot of hassle when he tried to open his account. They don't make it very clear that they want a "deposit" before opening credit accounts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 annieb2010

I applied for a Littlewoods Credit Account in December. I was approved with a credit limit of €400. I didn't place an order at the time but just placed one yesterday totalling €70. When I logged into my account online today its showing that I have a zero credit limit!!! I tried to place another order on credit just to see would it go through and it said sorry your order has been rejected. How come they approved the credit limit of €400 and now have taken it back??? Very strange:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Given that this thread is about credit agreements, it's better suited to the Banking & Insurance & Pensions forum

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement