Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

Well done Wenger. Champions league football achieved 15 seasons in a row. Magnificent. Now to sign some quality and lets put our name back on the premiership trophy or better still old big ears in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Nasri wrote:
    I knew I made the right decision

He just couldn't help himself, could he! :mad:

revz wrote: »
    :D
    Yes! Delighted with that, no crappy CL qualifier this year as well.
    Now I'm expecting a few decent transfers this summer and finally next year we have to build on what we've done; I'm hoping for a title push :cool:

last years qualifier v udinese contributed greatly to the loss at liverpool and the drubbing at united as Sagna and i think Vermaelen were out for the old trafford massacre in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

L'prof wrote: »

Hey, fuck him.

We don't give a toss about City, this is our day. St. Totteringham's day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Well done Wenger. Champions league football achieved 15 seasons in a row. Magnificent. Now to sign some quality and lets put our name back on the premiership trophy or better still old big ears in the future

I am delighted for Wenger. He got so much stick this season, Especially when he took off chamberlain in a game in January. Third is good, only beaten by city and utd. Excellent manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Hey, fuck him.

We don't give a toss about City, this is our day. St. Totteringham's day!

Not bothered about all that nonsense to be honest, the important thing is that we're definitely in the Champions League again next season and hopefully we can make all our signings nice and early for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

RVP not giving away too much.

Hope he stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Great to get third in the end after that season.

Apparently szcz hasnt trained in weeks and has been having injections. Might explain his form a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Redzer7 wrote: »
    RVP not giving away too much.

Lol I loved the reporters big thumb up after his comment though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He'll be sold anyway, I reckon. Hasnt really done it for City and if they can get someone better, they wont think twice about it. He's one of their least important players.

• Advertisement

He wasn't thinking that in the 93rd minute id say. He was probably looking for his agent in the crowd to get him off to Madrid and leave these shower of bottlers behind.

to paraphrase what someone said on twitter, "A star at Arsenal but a mere birthday candle at Man City"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Absolutely over the moon. Great day for the dorgasm household. Myself an Arsenal fan, my Dad a QPR fan and both of us the biggest ABU's you could meet :D

inmyday wrote: »
    I am delighted for Wenger. He got so much stick this season, Especially when he took off chamberlain in a game in January. Third is good, only beaten by city and utd. Excellent manager.

I must admit after the defeat in Milan i felt Wenger had lost the Arsenal dressing room. wow. he deserves great credit for ramming the words back down the doubters throats. say what they like about City but if Wenger had their cash we certainly wouldn't be relying on 2 last ditch goals to win the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I cant find my post again, but I said somewhere around September or October that we would finish top four ahead of Spurs (and Liverpool) :D

Didnt see Chelsea falling away so much or Newcastle almost lasting the distance tho.

I have to admit being wrong here, but only by one place :D. I never expected Newcastle to finish so high. For the benefit of my health, I should probably consider not looking at this forum until September, although I fully realise this will never happen.

20120513-092119.jpg&w=650

D'awwww :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I must admit after the defeat in Milan i felt Wenger had lost the Arsenal dressing room. wow. he deserves great credit for ramming the words back down the doubters throats. say what they like about City but if Wenger had their cash we certainly wouldn't be relying on 2 last ditch goals to win the title.

Absolutely, it's such a pity that he's restrained so much. Would love to see what an Arsene Wenger spending spree would get us :P

Being an Arsenal fan is tough though, so many ups and downs it's very hard to figure out what we really need in order to get to the next level. People seem to be divided with it. Some say players, other say Wenger, others say it's the board. I just can't wait for the season where it all eventually falls into place. I want that winning feeling today. I'm pretty jealous of the feeling that City fans have right now. If I was Wenger I'd be using that to try and motivate the players. What a feeling it must be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056526530

In this thread, there was few fighting for Wenger. I was and I dont even follow arsenal. The professor is a legend

Arteta was obviously a more vital cog in the wheel than people gave him credit for. the minute he went the back 4 was totally exposed. Song cant be expected to protect the back 4 at one end and lay on assists for Van Persie at the other. he needs a Makelele type to facilitate that.

Let's not forget about our friend Thierry Henry on achieving 3rd place this season. A source of match winning goals and a vital moral boost at what was a tough time for the team.

It was a masterstroke bringing him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jesus lets not forget injury time winners for us in general...

RVP vs Liverpool [A]
    TV vs Newcastle [H]
    TH vs Sunderland [A]

Off the top of my head.

• Advertisement

HazDanz wrote: »
    Let's not forget about our friend Thierry Henry on achieving 3rd place this season. A source of match winning goals and a vital moral boost at what was a tough time for the team.

Henry videos here

Arsenal 2011/12: A Tale of Two Headers.

Henry's against Sunderland; Sagna's against Sp*rs.

What an absolute legend that man is. The only tinge of sadness i felt about watching Henry is that his once blistering pace is gone (understandably the ravages of time). his positional sense was was still fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

3 (not particularly good) shots on target, 3 goals. Take a bow Martin Furlop :D He didn't intend to let a dodgy lino take away our 3rd place;)

First league win without Arteta too !!

greendom wrote: »
    3 (not particularly good) shots on target, 3 goals. Take a bow Martin Furlop :D He didn't intend to let a dodgy lino take away our 3rd place;)

And a former Spud to boot ha ha ha brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

So all things considered the new champions and Man U did slightly better than us in the league where we did slightly better than those two in the champions league.Spurs choked and Chelsea finished 6th with nothing and Liverpool 8th winning about the same.

Not a bad season for the worst Arsenal team anyone has ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Not a bad season for the worst Arsenal team anyone has ever seen.

That's the big thing really isn't it. Arsenal's worst team. Spur's best team. And still Arsenal finish 3rd.

That's the big thing really isn't it. Arsenal's worst team. Spur's best team. And still Arsenal finish 3rd.

....*evil snicker*...ahem!...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Delighted to get third after the start we had.

It's been a funny old season this year. We actually finished up better than last year but I do think we've been lucky with Chelsea being poor for a lot of the season and spurs doin what they do best. It is vital that we strengthen in the summer. We can't expect the same good fortune as we've had this year.

In sayin all that, I'm actually extremely optimistic about next year. Reckon we are going to break our transfer record in the summer(on who I've no idea) and stregthen the squad as a whole. Hope to god VP stays but his comments after the match today don't fill me with confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

jonny666 wrote: »
    Hope to god VP stays but his comments after the match today don't fill me with confidence.

What did he say?

• Advertisement

Call me delirious, but I can't see him leaving after that.

We've wrapped up third and shown ambition in the transfer market. Those were basically his two conditions for signing a new contract.

What did he say?

Very little - that they would talk about his contract in the week.

If he's seeing assurances that the club will strengthen in the Summer, I think that's fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Noo

\:D/ Yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

We've wrapped up third and shown ambition in the transfer market. Those were basically his two conditions for signing a new contract.

I'm still worried that Poldolski(sp) is a replacement. Hope to **** not. Have to admit I was very envious of City today. I'd fûckin love to be winning a league again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

September 2011, Rafael van der Vaart:

"There is no way Arsenal will finish ahead of Spurs. We are the better team"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I hope Wenger and the Board do not forget about the absolute S**** we played at times. We got third because the Spurs couldn't hack it when they were ahead but we are no great shakes. We need to strengthen, our players need to give more and some of them need to fcuk off. I for one was not happy with our season (delighted we got third) because we generally defended poorly against poor teams. Lets hope we improve greatly for next season and play with the proper spirit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

Was very disappointed to see Ramsey get brought on instead of Oxlade-Chamberlain at the end. Call me cynical, but I think Wenger is deliberately trying to dampen down any hype about him so the likes of Stuart Pearce can't get his paws on him for England or GB for the summer and he can have a proper pre-season and hit the ground running next year. We get that, a fit Wilshere back, RVP staying and maybe M'Vila in and everything starts looking pretty good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

tyler71 wrote: »
    Was very disappointed to see Ramsey get brought on instead of Oxlade-Chamberlain at the end. Call me cynical, but I think Wenger is deliberately trying to dampen down any hype about him so the likes of Stuart Pearce can't get his paws on him for England or GB for the summer and he can have a proper pre-season and hit the ground running next year. We get that, a fit Wilshere back, RVP staying and maybe M'Vila in and everything starts looking pretty good!

I hope i'm wrong but I just cannot see us getting M'Vila at all.

I hope Wenger and the Board do not forget about the absolute S**** we played at times. We got third because the Spurs couldn't hack it when they were ahead but we are no great shakes. We need to strengthen, our players need to give more and some of them need to fcuk off. I for one was not happy with our season (delighted we got third) because we generally defended poorly against poor teams. Lets hope we improve greatly for next season and play with the proper spirit.

Generally agree. Lets not forget this was a pretty horrible season. We had 3rd pretty much handed to us and even then we almost made a complete mess of it. Need a good summer in the transfer market and the return of Wilshere to compete next season. We're really not that far away, look at how close a really piss poor United team came to winning it. Really hope and pray Wenger doesnt miss this opportunity to really make us a force next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

ive posted this is in motors forum as thats where i post mostly but if any of you lads can help a fellow gunner with his dissertation could you please answer my poll linked in my sig please! i need 50 respondents before tomorrow. 10 seconds max. to do it! thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Great to secure 3rd place. Unfortunatley missed all the action today.

Ill still be supporting Bayern next Saturday. If Chelsea win, do we have to qualify for the Champions league?

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »

Ill still be supporting Bayern next Saturday. If Chelsea win, do we have to qualify for the Champions league?

Nope, we're putting our feet up until the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Yes..... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

tyler71 wrote: »
    Chamberlain is far more attacking than Ramsey. He wouldnt be the guy I'd bring on to ensure we hold on to a lead. He's the guy to bring on when chasing a goal.

No. spurs just miss out.

Chelsea don't win next week they have no european football next season.

EDIT: Sorry miss read your post.

Chelsea don't win next week they have no european football next season.

EDIT: Sorry miss read your post.

no as FA Cup winners they'll be trotting out of a Thursday evening

greendom wrote: »
    no as FA Cup winners they'll be trotting out of a Thursday evening

Forgot that. Actually happy that's the case. Keep them a bit tired for the league games.

Saw this question asked last week on reddit before we had 3rd wrapped up and the answers surprised me, so I thought I'd ask it here to see what the general consensus is:

Would we, as Arsenal fans, rather see our arch rivals Sp*rs get into the CL or have Chelsea be the first team in London to win a CL?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Saw this question asked last week on reddit before we had 3rd wrapped up and the answers surprised me, so I thought I'd ask it here to see what the general consensus is:

Would we, as Arsenal fans, rather see our arch rivals Sp*rs get into the CL or have Chelsea be the first team in London to win a CL?

Can we not have Chelsea beat
    And spurs beat in the qualifiers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I never want to see Chelsea win the champions league.

Any competition Spurs take part in is only to make up numbers so let them off.It's actually funny watching them thinking they are challenging for anything ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Speaking as an Irish gooner living in Dublin I don't give a sh1t who is the 1st London team to win the CL! Spurs are our main rivals but I even struggle to care about what they are doing most of the time (Today excepted!!). I've always held ManU as our other main rivals and after that it doesn't really matter to me!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement