Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

HazDanz wrote: »
    Redzer7 wrote: »
    Just hope Van Persie is out straight with us and tells us if he wants to stay or not, don't want it dragging out for the whole summer! Who would he go to though? Barcelona? Juventus? Madrid? I really can't see him being at another club in England.

If he ended up at city I think I would cry.

Not if they give is a serious amount of money, I wouldn't mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have to say even if they offered us 60 million and he was to go id be gutted. Dont want to see him in that blue jersey next year.

Plus its not like wed re invest to money either, and go out and throw 50million at Athletico Madrid for Falcao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Hate seeing Arsenal players leave for Barcelona, but should they be interested they'd be the lesser of two evils here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Just hope Van Persie is out straight with us and tells us if he wants to stay or not, don't want it dragging out for the whole summer! Who would he go to though? Barcelona? Juventus? Madrid? I really can't see him being at another club in England.

are they deleting your posts in the shít supporters club forum as well? only the ones people quoted are still there for me.

I posted about him staying over there earlier & it's gone now. I think he'll only go to barca or real, wonder would madrid do a swap for benzema? but i don't think he wants to go, higuain maybe

Have to say even if they offered us 60 million and he was to go id be gutted. Dont want to see him in that blue jersey next year.

Plus its not like wed re invest to money either, and go out and throw 50million at Athletico Madrid for Falcao.

Now 50 million for falco would be ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Whenever anyone leaves the club they're a ****.:pac:

Like how we applauded Eduardo when he scored a super goal against us? Or when Thierry Henry got a bigger ovation than any of our current players when he played against us for New York? Or when Paul Merson scored for Villa against us (it knocked us out of the League Cup) but refused to celebrate against his old team and we all gave him a round of applause?
    Nah, we only boo the ones that dick the club about.
    Falcao.

WANT.

I heard a rumour that we will try sign Rossi because Villarreal are desperate to sell him because they can't afford his wages after being relegated. The only problem is he is out injured for the next 9 months. January transfer window maybe?

Thats bull****, Henry left, Fabregas left, Vieira left, Eduardo left, Toure left and I could go on all still held in high esteem by Arsenal fans.

Then yes you had, Ashley Cole, Adebayoor, Nasri the players who lacked class and left on bad terms with the fans yeh they like to point the finger at the Arsenal fans but its there own doing that theres a hatred for them by there former fans.

Vieira was the one who convinced Nasri to leave to go to City.:p
    Yet fans overlook that.

Thats bull****, Henry left, Fabregas left, Vieira left, Eduardo left, Toure left and I could go on all still held in high esteem by Arsenal fans.

Then yes you had, Ashley Cole, Adebayoor, Nasri the players who lacked class and left on bad terms with the fans yeh they like to point the finger at the Arsenal fans but its there own doing that theres a hatred for them by there former fans.

Vieira was the one who convinced Nasri to leave to go to City.:p
    Yet fans overlook that.

Bull****

Galvasean wrote: »
    Like how we applauded Eduardo when he scored a super goal against us? Or when Thierry Henry got a bigger ovation than any of our current players when he played against us for New York? Or when Paul Merson scored for Villa against us (it knocked us out of the League Cup) but refused to celebrate against his old team and we all gave him a round of applause?
    Nah, we only boo the ones that dick the club about.

?
    None of them left because they felt the club wasn't going forward, that's the difference.

Bull****

It's been reported countless times and Nasri said it himself.
    But you know better eh?
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

How much do people think we would get for RvP if we were to sell him?

I say around the 35 million mark.

Bull****

It's been reported countless times and Nasri said it himself.
    But you know better eh?
    :p

I'm after reading countless reports not one mentioned that
    It was the 200 grand a week and also the fact we wouldn't sell to utd that made him go to city

But don't let that get in the way for you trying to get posters going in this forum :)

How much do people think we would get for RvP if we were to sell him?

I say around the 35 million mark.

Yeah would snap the hand off for 35 million

It was the 200 grand a week and also the fact we wouldn't sell to utd that made him go to city

But don't let that get in the way for you trying to get posters going in this forum :)

https://www.google.ie/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=nasri+vieira&oq=nasri+vieira&aq=f&aqi=g-K1g-bK1&aql=1&gs_l=hp.3..0i30j0i8i30.1025.6109.0.6451.12.12.0.0.0.0.236.1843.0j10j2.12.0.tsh.1.0.0.HccmrM3Cho8&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=4c7f1e62f4bccd97&biw=1280&bih=675

Do you know how to use google?
    You're the only one getting going lad, calm down , it's football, it's opinion.
    Not everyone has to agree.:rolleyes:

None of them left because they felt the club wasn't going forward, that's the difference.

I reckon Henry did TBF.

35 million? No way. I'd take only 50 or more. Otherwise let him run down his contract. If we got 35 we'd only reinvest 15. At least with 50 we'd have abit of cash to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Its what he does best, hes like our own Berba that we got stuck with. Best off just ignoring.

Even if the Vieira thing is true hed still be held in high regard if you follow him on twitter youll see he still has a lot of love for Arsenal as a club and its fans and has never once came out and made derogotary remarks about the club or its fans.

Hes at City hes has a job to do at the end of the day and if it true so what it his job, but you wont be reading reports about him how it felt great to win this or that and remarking on Arsenal finishing the 3rd huge difference.

Its what he does best, hes like our own Berba that we got stuck with. Best off just ignoring.

Even if the Vieira thing is true hed still be held in high regard

Hypocritical bull****.:)

https://www.google.ie/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=nasri+vieira&oq=nasri+vieira&aq=f&aqi=g-K1g-bK1&aql=1&gs_l=hp.3..0i30j0i8i30.1025.6109.0.6451.12.12.0.0.0.0.236.1843.0j10j2.12.0.tsh.1.0.0.HccmrM3Cho8&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=4c7f1e62f4bccd97&biw=1280&bih=675

Do you know how to use google?
    You're the only one getting going lad, calm down , it's football, it's opinion.
    Not everyone has to agree.:rolleyes:

Where in any of my posts am
    I getting going I love sensible debate in here alot of the time you don't engage in the sensible part

I getting going I love sensible debate in here alot of the time you don't engage in the sensible part

I posted something which IS true, many many articles about it and both players themselves have said it in interviews, you post your quick witted one liner "Bull****" you get called out and you change the subject to my posts in here, i'm here to post an opinion, not be part of your little "thank you" crew.:)

I reckon Henry did TBF.

35 million? No way. I'd take only 50 or more. Otherwise let him run down his contract. If we got 35 we'd only reinvest 15. At least with 50 we'd have abit of cash to spend.

IMO Henry left for one thing only.....The Champions League.
    And who can blame him for all the years service he gave and carried us through the competition many times.

• Advertisement

I posted something which IS true, many many articles about it and both players themselves have said it in interviews, you post your quick witted one liner "Bull****" you get called out and you change the subject to my posts in here, i'm here to post an opinion, not be part of your little "thank you" crew.:)

I didn't think I set up a thank you crew, thanks for letting me no
    So you honestly believe he want to city cause paddy persuaded him
    Really??
    Really ???

Really??
    Really ???

Why do you care what i believe?, apart from trying to belittle my opinion, obviously.
    both players said it in interviews, but I know your brain is the only true source of (mis)information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Loyalty works both ways, 5-6 years ago when Wenger was cocksure he had a wonder team of wonder kids he was often quoted about how no player over 30 would get more than a 1 year contract from him.

I think that sent the wrong msg to young and old players.

Now that plan has backfired , and Man Utd have shown they can win leagues with older players , older players performing better than younger ones. Wenger is having to eat some crow.

Really??
    Really ???

Why do you care what i believe?, apart from trying to belittle my opinion, obviously.
    both players said it in interviews, but I know your brain is the only true source of (mis)information.

Ok veria was the difference not the 200 grand a week

With that I'm done with you, sensible debate good, little wind up merchant no thanks

I will stick to my debates with my thank you crew

Ok veria was the difference not the 200 grand a week

With that I'm done with you, sensible debate good, little wind up merchant no thanks

I will stick to my debates with my thank you crew

Run off now and post to those who only agree with your tripe, bye now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

To be honest I wouldnt be surprised if Viera did persuade him, obviously he would have had the help of a tonne load of cash and the probability that success would atleast come faster at City in terms of trophys if maybe not the development of his game. However each case is very different, Henry for example was one of the best of his generation and had won the WC etc, he left and won the CL and not many begrudge him for this. Van Persie could also be said to be that level of player but even his case is subjective due to his injury record etc Nasri wasnt on this level though so it isnt as easy for fans to accept his moving on, the dont exactly think he deserves better than Arsenal even if would never put leaving for City in those exact terms.

Loyalty works both ways, 5-6 years ago when Wenger was cocksure he had a wonder team of wonder kids he was often quoted about how no player over 30 would get more than a 1 year contract from him.

I think that sent the wrong msg to young and old players.

Now that plan has backfired , and Man Utd have shown they can win leagues with older players , older players performing better than younger ones. Wenger is having to eat some crow.

That 1 year only for 30's plus was the death of experience in our squad, and all players getting close to it worry about it, as we are seeing with RVP now unsure of what to say to the media about his career.

To be honest I wouldnt be surprised if Viera did persuade him, obviously he would have had the help of a tonne load of cash and the probability that success would atleast come faster at City in terms of trophys if maybe not the development of his game. However each case is very different, Henry for example was one of the best of his generation and had won the WC etc, he left and won the CL and not many begrudge him for this. Van Persie could also be said to be that level of player but even his case is subjective due to his injury record etc Nasri wasnt on this level though so it isnt as easy for fans to accept his moving on, the dont exactly think he deserves better than Arsenal even if would never put leaving for City in those exact terms.

Nasri verbally agreed a contract the. Renaged on it when PSG came sniffing around
    I think that's what people were mad about its all about money with him

But it is possible that Nasri didn't feel he was developing as he'd liked when he was with us, positions chopping and changing all the time, you can only develop so far, until you get past the barrier of winning.
    look at Fergies average players, winning does wonders.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

My 2pnce Veira might have said come along its great over here but ultimately players like Nasri have there own super ego, they listen to themselves, 200K a week and the chance to be part of the City project is what got him there couple with our lack of immediate offering of success. Veira there or not it was still going to happen.

I didnt think we had a 'thank you' crew in this thread its obvious in the Pool, Utd ones etc especially in the match threads, I think as Arsenal fans we have a very different ideas of the problems/sucesses/failures etc.................. either that or I'm in the thank you crew and I didnt know it

Nasri verbally agreed a contract the. Renaged on it when PSG came sniffing around

thanks couldnt actually remember the PSG thing but for such a reputation to be started only for him to then end up at City when Utd where also Interested would certainly cement his image with the fans. I know everyone cant be held to your own standards but I guess I just see Nasri not helping himself ever with how he responds to the Arsenal fans reaction to him. I honestly think he will be in danger of being rememberd for that transfer alone no matter how many trophys City pick up while he is in their squad the way things seem.

Soups123 wrote: »
    My 2pnce Veira might have said come along its great over here but ultimately players like Nasri have there own super ego, they listen to themselves, 200K a week and the chance to be part of the City project is what got him there couple with our lack of immediate offering of success. Veira there or not it was still going to happen.

But to use that excuse is to sweep under the carpet the reasons why Arsenal can't keep top quality players.....and that is Ambition.
    Will everyone call RVP the same if he goes to City on the last day of this window?

IMO Henry left for one thing only.....The Champions League.
    And who can blame him for all the years service he gave and carried us through the competition many times.

So... you agree with me?

So... you agree with me?

Why do i have to thank you first? :)
    I agree that when players leave because they aren't getting what they want at their current club, you have to accept it, and not abuse them or threaten them on twitter, like so many Arsenal fans have done.;)
    Henry had helped us win everything else by that stage so it's not as B&W as you made out.

thanks couldnt actually remember the PSG thing but for such a reputation to be started only for him to then end up at City when Utd where also Interested would certainly cement his image with the fans. I know everyone cant be held to your own standards but I guess I just see Nasri not helping himself ever with how he responds to the Arsenal fans reaction to him. I honestly think he will be in danger of being rememberd for that transfer alone no matter how many trophys City pick up while he is in their squad the way things seem.

In fairness to nasri the abuse he gets on twitter of arsenal fans is unreal, so I will leave him have his little dig or two
    He will never be remembered as a big time arsenal player

• Advertisement

I predict that nasri will be shipped out of City next year if he has the same form he showed this season. They are a flavour of the month club, if a player thinks they have a secure base at City, except for a few like Yaya, Aguero, Kompany they must be deluded. I don't think you can trust the club to support you in the long run if they can buy basically whoever they like within reason in every transfer window that comes around.

But to use that excuse is to sweep under the carpet the reasons why Arsenal can't keep top quality players.....and that is Ambition.
    Will everyone call RVP the same if he goes to City on the last day of this window?

Again I can imagine that being as you said about ambition and atleast with the signing of Podolski already and strong hints at a DM like M'Villa it seems your showing some atm. If thats followed through they would be showing RVP and the fans ambition. I'd be a bit disapointed if He made that move though as he doesent seem like the type that will force the move (or be anything but a pro as his contract runs down) and despite him only having 1 year on his contract it's still Arsenals choice if they sold him.

If the rumours of hazard to city are true, nasri could be out the door this summer

Again I can imagine that being as you said about ambition and atleast with the signing of Podolski already and strong hints at a DM like M'Villa it seems your showing some atm. If thats followed through they would be showing RVP and the fans ambition. I'd be a bit disapointed if He made that move though as he doesent seem like the type that will force the move (or be anything but a pro as his contract runs down) and despite him only having 1 year on his contract it's still Arsenals choice if they sold him.

It's a funny old game as they say, but like you say we have shown some ambition, lets' see if he feels it's enough for his highly talented boots.

I predict that nasri will be shipped out of City next year if he has the same form he showed this season. They are a flavour of the month club, if a player thinks they have a secure base at City, except for a few like Yaya, Aguero, Kompany they must be deluded. I don't think you can trust the club to support you in the long run if they can buy basically whoever they like within reason in every transfer window that comes around.

Player like Nasri with the wages they are on will be hard to shift onwards though, not many of the teams he would consider himself good enough for would pay him that and those that might want him def wont. At best id imagine an Adebayor type loan where City still pay a lot of the bill if he went anytime soon. Peoples opinions of him would rise though if he did himself want out to get first team football and accepted lower wages elsewhere

• Advertisement

Player like Nasri with the wages they are on will be hard to shift onwards though, not many of the teams he would consider himself good enough for would pay him that and those that might want him def wont. At best id imagine an Adebayor type loan where City still pay a lot of the bill if he went anytime soon. Peoples opinions of him would rise though if he did himself want out to get first team football and accepted lower wages elsewhere

Sure he can always come back to use, dust off the old contract if things go pear shaped for him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Anything on possible signings? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, no more talk of these two signings that were waiting in the wings for CL guarantee?

maximoose wrote: »

Yeah, no more talk of these two signings that were waiting in the wings for CL guarantee?

French league over may 20th
    Expect more on mvila then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I think Arsene and Arsenal have ambition I think its how we try to achieve it (over the past few years) is the problem

French league over may 20th
    Expect more on mvila then

Only five more sleeps so! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

When I seen so many new pages I thought something had happened. Shame it was all about Nasri :(

Why do i have to thank you first? :)
    I agree that when players leave because they aren't getting what they want at their current club, you have to accept it, and not abuse them or threaten them on twitter, like so many Arsenal fans have done.;)
    Henry had helped us win everything else by that stage so it's not as B&W as you made out.

He moved on because he felt the club could not match his ambition (ie: winning the Champions League), the very thing you said the players on my list didn't leave for.
    Honestly, I think you enjoy being argumentative for the sake of it at this stage.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think Arsene and Arsenal have ambition I think its how we try to achieve it (over the past few years) is the problem

Ah come on!
    How many times has Wenger hinted at being happy with 3rd or 4th.
    When the supporters were complaining he would say stuff like " I can't understand supporters complaining"
    The board on the one hand were saying there was money to be spent and Wenger on the other hand was saying "Well only if the right player comes along"....i always took that as meaning "Cut price rejects from other clubs"
    How is that ambitious?

Chamakh, Gervinho, Park, Miyaichi, Vela, Bendtner....not very ambitious.

Ah come on!
    How many times has Wenger hinted at being happy with 3rd or 4th.
    When the supporters were complaining he would say stuff like " I can't understand supporters complaining"
    The board on the one hand were saying there was money to be spent and Wenger on the other hand was saying "Well only if the right player comes along"....i always took that as meaning "Cut price rejects from other clubs"
    How is that ambitious?

Chamakh, Gervinho, Park, Miyaichi, Vela, Bendtner....not very ambitious.

Hold out on this lad he shows promise.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement