Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

this is how i would react if rvp leaves us:

7270359844_67ae34b57d_z.jpg
    IMG_8487.jpg by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Oranage2 wrote: »
    On transfer side of things Vertonghen is happy enough with us being his second choice team if Spurs falls through :rolleyes:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7777224/Vertonghen-s-Spurs-doubts

He must be some Spurs fan if we're only his second choice, what with us having Champions League football and all that jazz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

Our centre-back back-ups were fine, trouble was that they were playing at fullback.

:rolleyes:Worked out well for us early season?

Vertong is more versatile than some others we have.

Long story short...we need better backups:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

depends how much for:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RVP scores again but Holland lose to Bulgaria. Please stay RVP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

anybody see the germany game, mertesacker played 90 & podolski 62' wonder how they got on?

the france - iceland game is on tomorrow night on ESPN @ 8 if anyone wants to get a look at giroud, he should feature. Not sure if m'vila will though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Mert apparently was quite bad, to be fair he is coming abck from injury and is never the most mobile anyway. Derdiyok is a handful as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

The moment when RvP breaks his leg during the Euros,
    rendering him both useless and worthless:

scream_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Id still sell RVP for the right price
    Just my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Id still sell RVP for the right price
    Just my opinion

I'm pretty much the same, It's RVP first season he managed to stay injury free can we really depend on him to stay fit next season?

We didnt think we could replace wright and we did, same with Henry. Arsenal FC will be able to move on without RVP.

Saying this I do hope he stays.

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    Mert apparently was quite bad, to be fair he is coming abck from injury and is never the most mobile anyway. Derdiyok is a handful as well.

surprised he played the 90 if that was his first match back. He was given flop of the match on goal.com both by the site & the fans.

seen the goals; germany looked v.bad at the back on all of them considering 3 of the back 4 could be first choice

batistuta9 wrote: »
    G.K. wrote: »

surprised he played the 90 if that was his first match back. He was given flop of the match on goal.com both by the site & the fans.

seen the goals; germany looked v.bad at the back on all of them considering 3 of the back 4 could be first choice

I watched the game thought mert was only at fault for one of the goals
    But you'r right the back 4 as a unit was really really bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

cesc77 wrote: »
    Goosebumps!
    PS:what was Liverpools gripe for the first goal again?
    It was an indirect free kick. They argued that Smith never headed the ball and that the goal was scored direct from the free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

We really need to sign van Persie up. If we can manage to hold onto our best players just this one season and add to the squad, I think it will make a massive difference in our push for trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

L'prof wrote: »
    We really need to sign van Persie up. If we can manage to hold onto our best players just this one season and add to the squad, I think it will make a massive difference in our push for trophies.

It would be great statement of intent and would be such a contrast to last season. The sooner the better too, to end the doubt and the debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

greendom wrote: »

It would be great statement of intent and would be such a contrast to last season. The sooner the better too, to end the doubt and the debate.

If he leaves we'd have to be written off straight away, but if he stays then we have a chance of doing something.

Reading about RvP this morning has changed my mind...he's going :(

Reading about RvP this morning has changed my mind...he's going :(

What did you read ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I wouldnt believe all that Sunday dross anyway.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I wouldnt believe all that Sunday dross anyway.

Ditto. Newspapers don't refuse ink after all.

• Advertisement

What did you read ?

Nothing that hasn't been said already. I've just finally switched camps. Up until now I seemed to be more optimistic than most that he'd stay. Well, now I'm not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Plan A; we convince van Persie to sign a new deal.
    Plan B; we don't manage to convince him but we hold him to the last year of his existing contract.

Worst case scenario; That familiar old tale of a transfer saga lasting most of the summer with Wenger continually telling us that he won't sell and that he's 99% certain van Persie will be here next season. We sell, and continue our reputation of being Europe's premier feeder club/stepping stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Giroud with two top quality assists for France, in there 3-2 comeback win tonight. Have to say, his touch & awareness looked top class!
    Here's to hoping monsieur Wenger will splash the cash :o

Only 1 player not even on the bench for France tonight. This is enough to start a twitter frenzy. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have serious doubts that we will spend anymore money in the summer even if RVP leaves. It's just that Arsenal thing, not their way.

Only 1 player not even on the bench for France tonight. This is enough to start a twitter frenzy. :rolleyes:

there was 3 missing in total, him, lloris & don't know who else.

do you know why he wasn't there? in talks with someone perhaps or are the 3 missing just guaranteed to be going so no big deal they weren't there

batistuta9 wrote: »
    there was 3 missing in total, him, lloris & don't know who else.

do you know why he wasn't there? in talks with someone perhaps or are the 3 missing just guaranteed to be going so no big deal they weren't there

Plenty of tweets stating that he wasn't there as he was sorting out a transfer.
    That's putting 2 and 2 together and getting 327.

no 1 trending tweet at the moment is Llorente to Arsenal. Apparently Wenger is in Bilbao. Probably just gone to visit the Geggenheim on his hols.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

no 1 trending tweet at the moment is Llorente to Arsenal. Apparently Wenger is in Bilbao. Probably just gone to visit the Geggenheim on his hols.

A Spanish newspaper (El Mundo Deportivo) is apparently reporting that Llorente will hold a press conference on Tuesday to announce he's signing for Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »

A Spanish newspaper (El Mundo Deportivo) is apparently reporting that Llorente will hold a press conference on Tuesday to announce he's signing for Arsenal.

If that's true and it prob not
    I reckon RVP is off so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

That's Mvilla last Tuesday, Llorente this Tuesday can't fcking wait for next Tues.

We have to stop tormenting ourselves like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I have serious doubts that we will spend anymore money in the summer even if RVP leaves. It's just that Arsenal thing, not their way.

Sure why would we? It would kill Campbell and Afobe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Or he could be sorting out the transfer of Ibai Gomez who's leaving on a free. :pac:

Plenty of tweets stating that he wasn't there as he was sorting out a transfer.
    That's putting 2 and 2 together and getting 327.

yeah. hopefully not though, but see below..

he wouldn't be over there trying to sign javi martinez? been linked with him for a while now & they've just went with llorente instead for some reason, haven't seen him linked before & the other strikers supposed to be giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Javi Martinez has a 40 million euro buyout clause so i highly doubt it( well thats what guillem ballague makes out)

• Advertisement

it's not €40mil it's supposed to be €30mil around £24mil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yup still about 23 mill too much for us :P

In his press conference Llorente will announce that Eden Hazard will have a press conference next week.

If Llorente signs I will eat my nutsack (with pride)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Indeed a target man would add a nice alternative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Soups123 wrote: »
    That's Mvilla last Tuesday, Llorente this Tuesday can't fcking wait for next Tues.

We have to stop tormenting ourselves like this

Indeed.

Carlos Vela will be our main striker next season.

Lets just accept it.

Kyle Bartley will play in No.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

meriwether wrote: »
    Indeed.

Carlos Vela will be our main striker next season.

Lets just accept it.

Kyle Bartley will play in No.10.

I agree, I reckon Podolski will play a similar role as Park for us. Leaving us wondering why...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Not that it matters to us, but Hazard has tweeted saying he has finally decided where he'll be going..

dorgasm wrote: »
    Not that it matters to us, but Hazard has tweeted saying he has finally decided where he'll be going..

To the bathroom?

Anyone heard of this guy?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2150822/Odil-Ahmedov-wants-Arsenal-Anzhi-Makhachkala.html

"[Odil] Ahmedov was voted Anzhi’s best player of 2011, ahead of Samuel Eto’o and Yury Zhirkov."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I agree, I reckon Podolski will play a similar role as Park for us. Leaving us wondering why...

Left Back(in the dressing room).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Galvasean wrote: »
    Anyone heard of this guy?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2150822/Odil-Ahmedov-wants-Arsenal-Anzhi-Makhachkala.html

"[Odil] Ahmedov was voted Anzhi’s best player of 2011, ahead of Samuel Eto’o and Yury Zhirkov."

Poor guy would be lost and confused with the stadium and training centre within driving distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Where the heck did this Llorente talk come out of??
    Hate Twitter so many shíte rumours getting my hopes up!
    Hopefully if we get him it's not as a replacement for Van Persie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

On the flip side Piers Morgan was tweeting yesterday about playing on Soccer Aid saying he'll definitely play if Nasri plays and tagged Nasri in the tweet :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Piers Morgan is a turd. I hate that he's an Arsenal fan.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement