Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

RVP 11 wrote: »
    The way Gazidis is talking we are going to sign Benzema.

It'll be some unkown that suffers from chronic eczema, thats the closest we'll get to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Barlett wrote: »
    Was delighted for Van Persie last night. I celebrated his goal like it was an Arsenal goal...think the pressure of playing for Holland was starting to affect him.

I don't think it is the pressure of playing for Holland, I think it is fact he surrounded by only Dutch players who in yet another tournament have failed to perform to their ability.
    They really are like a bunch of spoilt kids.
    Sneijder has been pants (has been bad for Inter as well) and yet is coming out publicly about egos.
    Robin has turned into a total chicken and anything that looks 50/50 he won't go near with a barge pole.
    He has been the same for Bayern.
    Last night he threw the toys out of the pram when he was subed.

That one country has produced such a long line of talent which has been wasted on the international stage time and again.
    They have one Euro title (same as Greece, Slovakia/Czech and Denmark) and three times world cup runners up.
    At least two of those world cups should have been won, but for player egos.
    And most of that was down to the genius Cryuff.
    Delighted for Redknapp.
    He can finally further his career now.:D

Off back down to Portsmouth or Southampton ???
    Spurs feck out the best manager they have had in a while.
    Perhaps they will go get another top Spanish coach and sent his career into freefall ?
    And there is always Pleat :D
    Dutch team were awful last night, RVP did ok, looked like they don't like each other much.

I wonder what is it this time ?
    It can't be black against white because there are hardly any black players in the team.
    Maybe it's German based players versus English based players or something ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Story on Sky Sports News about Ivan Gazidis telling Arsenal fans to "expect good news" soon.

For some reason (maybe it's pure optimism), this strikes me more as M'Vila than Giroud.

Think about it, the club said nothing about the signing of Poldi for 11m, why would they uncharacteristically come out and say this about a player who's only 2m dearer?

It sounds to me like: "Arsenal fans, expect our transfer record to be smashed"

Well Gazidis...impress us! :P

[IMG][/img]wrestler_excited_gif.gif

jmayo wrote: »

I wonder what is it this time ?
    It can't be black against white because there are hardly any black players in the team.
    Maybe it's German based players versus English based players or something ?

Sneijder said at a press conference "there is too many egos in this team"
    So maybe they all think they are better than one another, silly stuff at international level.
    Maybe money is all they are motivated by, hope RVP is the exception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Diaby probably wants more money as a lot of them do.
    The way Gazidis is talking we are going to sign Benzema.

A new contract for RVP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'd say its a new contract for van Persie alright. He'll be our LANS this summer.

Surely they would just announce it.(RVP staying)
    It must be a new signing IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

I'm glad some fans see how important he is for us even though he isn't as attack minded as he was with Everton, and the fact that he is still having such an influence on statistics and our performances makes me proud (of him & Wenger for getting him when we did):)

This video perfectly shows the role he played and how important he was for us this season. He's the unsung hero of the team, and the team just doesn't function without him :).
    With Giroud coming in, what do you think will happen to the formation? Giroud benched, or drop RVP back into a sort of attacking mid position and Giroud up front? Haven't seen enough of Giroud to know if he can play out wide!

Hayezer wrote: »

This video perfectly shows the role he played and how important he was for us this season. He's the unsung hero of the team, and the team just doesn't function without him :).
    With Giroud coming in, what do you think will happen to the formation? Giroud benched, or drop RVP back into a sort of attacking mid position and Giroud up front? Haven't seen enough of Giroud to know if he can play out wide!

That video shows that he plays the fabregas killer passes quite often, but makes it look so easy.:)
    On Giroud, i agree it doesn't look like his favoured position is out wide, or deeper in the centre, i can't help but feel Wenger doesn't bring in frontal hitmen unless it's to replace another.
    If RVP were to stay, he would have to play off a front man and so attacking mid would be ideal for him and would benefit the team even more than him as a lone striker.

That video shows that he plays the fabregas killer passes quite often, but makes it look so easy.:)
    On Giroud, i agree it doesn't look like his favoured position is out wide, or deeper in the centre, i can't help but feel Wenger doesn't bring in frontal hitmen unless it's to replace another.
    If RVP were to stay, he would have to play off a front man and so attacking mid would be ideal for him and would benefit the team even more than him as a lone striker.

And what's everyones opinion on M'Vila? Not so sure if we need him, especially at the price. Gonna be interesting to see him tomorrow, he may change my mind! In Coquelin we have a player who is very similar to him and who I can see holding down the DM position in a few years, aslong as he's not forced to play full back because of injuries :/.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

And what's everyones opinion on M'Vila? Not so sure if we need him, especially at the price. Gonna be interesting to see him tomorrow, he may change my mind! In Coquelin we have a player who is very similar to him and who I can see holding down the DM position in a few years, aslong as he's not forced to play full back because of injuries :/.

Coquelin isn't ready. We need M'Vila in my opinion. We've been crying out for a solid, natural DM since Gilberto and Flamini left.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Coquelin isn't ready. We need M'Vila in my opinion. We've been crying out for a solid, natural DM since Gilberto and Flamini left.

I agree.
    Coquelin should be ready by 2 or 3 seasons, but not now.
    If we are to be serious about finishing 1st or 2nd, we need a proven player in that position, and Coquelin still has lot of developing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Have to say when I read it yesterday I thought of RVP. But in hindsight I think it'll be RVP and Mvila, that would be a great days work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

M'Vila is definitely needed to help out our defence. Song can do it at times but i think Wenger has let him be too much of a free spirit in attacking terms which has hindered our defence greatly.

Just after watching that Arteta video, easy to forget how important he was to our team last season and how easily he fitted into our side. Can't help but think that if we did get someone like Dempsey with plenty of premier league experience, he would also be a massive plus to our side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I agree.
    Coquelin should be ready by 2 or 3 seasons, but not now.
    If we are to be serious about finishing 1st or 2nd, we need a proven player in that position, and Coquelin still has lot of developing to do.

Coquelin is not quite the finished article yet, wheras M'Vila at 21 has already established himself as a lynchpin of the French midfield and has already 20+ caps for them. The more quality players we have the better imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Coquelin's versatility will hold him back imo. He'll be in the squad next year but he'll be filling in at DM/RB/LB.

2 minutes in and just about every pass has been switching the point of attack or spreading the play. No-one is suggesting he isn't important but he isn't good enough as an attacking midfielder for a team wanting to win the league. Tony Adams was a great player, I'm sure someone could put together half an hour of him doing great things, that wouldn't be evidence that he's a great winger because that isn't what he is.

EDIT: Up to the 3 minute mark I counted 27 passes, 2 were into the penalty area.

I get what your all saying, but from what little time Coq played this season he's shown his tackling and defensive abilities. Granted, he played far far less time than M'Vila this season so the stats are a bit inaccurate, but Coq has proven to be an extremely clean tackler, winning the ball back roughly 10 times per foul, compared to M'Vila's 6 times per foul. I know stats aren't everything, I'd just like to see Coquelin promoted a bit!

I'm in no way saying I'd be dissapointed to see M'Vila, he would certainly lock down the midfield a bit more. I just don't quite know if it's worth it, when we have a potentially world class player in Coq. However, if Wenger's ultimate position for Coquelin is at full back, I'd be all for bringing in M'Vila.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

I get what your all saying, but from what little time Coq played this season he's shown his tackling and defensive abilities. Granted, he played far far less time than M'Vila this season so the stats are a bit inaccurate, but Coq has proven to be an extremely clean tackler, winning the ball back roughly 10 times per foul, compared to M'Vila's 6 times per foul. I know stats aren't everything, I'd just like to see Coquelin promoted a bit!

I'm in no way saying I'd be dissapointed to see M'Vila, he would certainly lock down the midfield a bit more. I just don't quite know if it's worth it, when we have a potentially world class player in Coq. However, if Wenger's ultimate position for Coquelin is at full back, I'd be all for bringing in M'Vila.

To be completely honest, I think you're overrating Coq quite a bit there.

He's shown enough to suggest he can be a stable DM but for Christ's sake, what has he done that you can throw the term "world class" about? I like him as much as the next fella but I don't think he's that good.

I don't think he'll ever reach M'Vila's standard and I think we'd do well to get M'Vila.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I've been off thread for ages (no goals). What are people's opinions on the Giroud rumour? Is he good? Is Chamakh going the other way as part of the deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Sneijder said at a press conference "there is too many egos in this team"
    So maybe they all think they are better than one another, silly stuff at international level.
    Maybe money is all they are motivated by, hope RVP is the exception.

from what I've gathered, this has been the main problem for the dutch for at least the last 2 decades if not more. I remember during the 2002 world cup, davids had a training ground bust up with another player over something retarded. they all think that they're great, and when they fail they blame it on each other

Galvasean wrote: »
    I've been off thread for ages (no goals). What are people's opinions on the Giroud rumour? Is he good? Is Chamakh going the other way as part of the deal?

It's gone past just a rumour at this stage. I think it's a done deal. Opinion here seems to welcome him as a backup should Chamakh go the other way. Nobody is sure what sort of system Wenger is going to adopt and whether it will be tailored to include him in the team or else have him as backup for RVP. Hopefully he reverts to 2 up top and includes him because going by youtube (admittedly not the greatest way to judge), he's sharp and has a good eye for goal. It would allow us to have Robin in the hole which I think he plays some of his best football. The deal is worth £12million reportedly but no word of whether or not Chamakh is going the other way.

2 minutes in and just about every pass has been switching the point of attack or spreading the play. No-one is suggesting he isn't important but he isn't good enough as an attacking midfielder for a team wanting to win the league. Tony Adams was a great player, I'm sure someone could put together half an hour of him doing great things, that wouldn't be evidence that he's a great winger because that isn't what he is.

EDIT: Up to the 3 minute mark I counted 27 passes, 2 were into the penalty area.

That's just a montage of Arteta in his first season, not impressive no?
    Passes into the penalty area aren't the be all and end all for a box to box midfielder (let's call Arteta that for this discussion) and if they were we would have lost possesion more often.
    This discussion isn't about Arteta being the best AM we have but the best pass completion and ball retention we have in a player, and only a fool would deny it.
    Last season ourt issue was losing and conceding, not getting into the box to make sure a final killer ball was played, we have enough of that all over the pitch, Arsenal never relied on one man to do all the distribution in the final third, and we don't need one now.
    You're argument that very few passes are made into the penalty area means nothing, we have at least four to five players ahead of Arteta at all times, what should he do by-pass them all and go straight for RVP?
    That would be Song-esque and would increase the chances of losing the ball.

However if we were to put Arteta in AM and only allow him to get assists by bypassing every other player and going for RVP (as Song does many times) i would have every faith that he could do it without fail, as he can pass and pass very well indeed.
    How many AM would've have finished off Man City for us last season for £10m?

Borussia Monchengladbach reported as rivalling Arsenal for Giroud signature.
    Same article mentions him as RVP replacement.

Also talk of £17m release clause in Huntelaars contract.
    That would be a nice replacement for RVP, bet Spurs/united will go after him.

Hopefully we do sign Giroud and M'Villa. It's weird having only one Gunner on the French team.

From Wiki:
    "Olivier Giroud (born 30 September 1986 in Chambéry) is a French footballer who plays for French club Montpellier in Ligue 1. He plays as a striker and is known for his size, physical style of play, and heading ability"
    6'3 1/2, sign him up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Borussia Monchengladbach reported as rivalling Arsenal for Giroud signature.
    Same article mentions him as RVP replacement.

Also talk of £17m release clause in Huntelaars contract.
    That would be a nice replacement for RVP, bet Spurs/united will go after him.

Them and Malaga offered him more money and a def starting place. So instead this morning, but he wants arsenal

I like him already :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

the old checkbook could be well & truly dusted off....
    Euro 2012 hot-shot Dzagoev attracting Arsenal interest after impressing with Russia
    By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 09:42 GMT, 14 June 2012 | UPDATED: 10:30 GMT, 14 June 2012
    Comments (10)

Arsenal are the first club to react to Alan Dzagoev's flying start to Euro 2012.
    The Russian forward has scored three goals in two games to help his country to the brink of the quarter-finals.
    The CSKA Moscow star is out of contract at the end of the calendar year but is known to be comfortable at the club he joined in 2008.

We're Gunner get you: Arsenal are interested in Russia's Alan Dzagoev

Arsene Wenger is keen to strengthen all aspects of the Gunners' forward line and has already bought in Lukas Podolski while continuing to pursue Montpellier's Olivier Giroud.
    Dzagoev operates across the line behind the striker and has in Poland and Ukraine proved his worth when he gets beyond a leading man.
    And now, with Andrey Arshavin angling for a move away from Arsenal back his homeland, German newspaper Bild report that his fellow countryman could be the man to replace him.
    CSKA value Dzagoev at £13million but are aware his precarious contract situation means they may be forced to accept a lower offer.

link and
    Debuchy Keen On Arsenal Move
    Posted by By P. S. at 14 June, at 08 : 05 AM Print
    French defender Mathieu Debuchy has insisted that he is completely focused on the Euros and he would keep his future talks on hold until after the Euros.
    The Lille defender has emerged as a target for Arsenal this summer after the full extent of Bacary Sagna’s injury became clear and the fact that he would be missing the early part of the upcoming season was made public. Sagna suffered a broken leg against Norwich City in Premier league in May this year and is missing the Euros. He is not expected to be fully fit to be back on the pitch before September. Debuchy has filled in for the injured Arsenal right back for the French and has impressed Wenger who has been watching up close during the Euros.
    The Lille defender who is aware of the interest in him is reportedly trying to push through a move but refused to be drawn into this before the Euros end.
    “Right now, I’m focused on the Euros,” he was quoted as saying by L’Equipe. “I have wishes, but we will discuss them later,” the 26 year old said.
    If this move goes through, young star Carl Jenkinson who filled up for the injured Sagna several times last season could go further down the pecking order as Wenger is not sure if the former Charlton boy is ready to make the big jump yet.

debuchy link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Them and Malaga offered him more money and a def starting place. So instead this morning, but he wants arsenal

Could be playing it smart, knowing that he'll make the money back and more in a year or 2 when city sign him off us for a bazillion punds.

• Advertisement

That's just a montage of Arteta in his first season, not impressive no?
    Passes into the penalty area aren't the be all and end all for a box to box midfielder (let's call Arteta that for this discussion) and if they were we would have lost possesion more often.
    This discussion isn't about Arteta being the best AM we have but the best pass completion and ball retention we have in a player, and only a fool would deny it.
    Last season ourt issue was losing and conceding, not getting into the box to make sure a final killer ball was played, we have enough of that all over the pitch, Arsenal never relied on one man to do all the distribution in the final third, and we don't need one now.
    You're argument that very few passes are made into the penalty area means nothing, we have at least four to five players ahead of Arteta at all times, what should he do by-pass them all and go straight for RVP?
    That would be Song-esque and would increase the chances of losing the ball.

However if we were to put Arteta in AM and only allow him to get assists by bypassing every other player and going for RVP (as Song does many times) i would have every faith that he could do it without fail, as he can pass and pass very well indeed.
    We need a proper ****ing AM and you're the one who earlier in the thread said Arteta will do. He's shown no signs to me that he can do it. He's great at spreading play etc. but imagine if he had someone ahead of him who could create chances rather than having to give it to Ramsey to waste or constantly having to spread it to the wings.
    Time after time last season Arsenal would dominate possession for 20-30 minutes without creating a chance. Arteta would be 35-40 yards out, passing to the wings, playing simple passes but so very rarely creating an actual chance. He's great at what he does, there's no argument there but it's something else that were missing.
    How many AM would've have finished off Man City for us last season for £10m?
    What an absolutely ludicrous argument. Maybe we should sign Tim Howard as an AM, he scored a goal once.

How do you explain that we won a far higher % of games when he is in the team? We play miserably without him. Not attacking you, genuinely wondering what you think.

dorgasm wrote: »
    How do you explain that we won a far higher % of games when he is in the team? We play miserably without him. Not attacking you, genuinely wondering what you think.

I really don't know how many times I have to say this, he's an excellent player, he isn't an attacking midfielder. What did United's record look like when Scholes came back, 10 wins in 11 or something? Would anyone use that to show that he's a goalkeeper? No, because he isn't. Arteta isn't an attacking midfielder either.

Am I the only person who last season watched match after match, even with Arteta, last season and felt utter frustration at the lack of creativity around the box.

Games where a team scored 0 or 1 goals last season:

City: 12
    United: 13
    Arsenal: 18
    Spurs: 17

That's the step-up that's needed IMO.

We need a proper ****ing AM and you're the one who earlier in the thread said Arteta will do. He's shown no signs to me that he can do it. He's great at spreading play etc. but imagine if he had someone ahead of him who could create chances rather than having to give it to Ramsey to waste or constantly having to spread it to the wings.
    Time after time last season Arsenal would dominate possession for 20-30 minutes without creating a chance. Arteta would be 35-40 yards out, passing to the wings, playing simple passes but so very rarely creating an actual chance. He's great at what he does, there's no argument there but it's something else that were missing.

What an absolutely ludicrous argument. Maybe we should sign Tim Howard as an AM, he scored a goal once.
    Your making ****e up now :pac:, I said we have enough players in midfield who PLAY that position through movement, during the game.

Arteta is good enough to play there IMO, based on all the years I've seen him at Everton.

Nobody cares about AM right now when goals are being conceded so easily behind all that.
    If all you think is wrong with the team last year was Attacking midfield, you're not watching the game properly
    If we had the spending power of Man City, I'd agree with you, but we only buy few players, so there are other areas that need sorting now.

Your making ****e up now :pac:, I said we have enough players in midfield who PLAY that position through movement, during the game.
    I suppose you will spend 25 mins scouring all my posts to find something contradictory now eh?
    Arteta is good enough to play there IMO, but all you can say is passes it out to the wings..And spreading play lol.....is that illegal for an AM? Lol
    You must be watching a different Arsenal to the rest of us.
    Nobody cares about AM, when goals are being conceded so easily behind all that.
    If all you think is wrong with the team last year was Attacking midfield, you're not watching the game properly

None of the players who move into such positions are out-and-out attacking midfielders. It would be retarded to push Arteta forward into that position when he does his best work in a deeper role. Relying on Ramsey at this point in time would be stupid given how awful he was last season.
    Short of signing a proper AM the best option I can see is having RVP fall back a lot more if we've someone to play ahead of him.
    Well done on addressing the point I raised on our difficulty in breaking teams down. When your supposed DM (Song) has more assists than the two midfielder playing ahead of him combined there's a problem. Would you be happy with Arteta playing further forward, losing his influence in front of the defence or sign a player who actually plays in the advanced position and let Arteta continue doing what he does well?

As far as spending power goes, AM with Song being told to stay the **** back or an AM, DM and Podolski and I would've been happy. What worries me is that we have Gervinho, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Podolski competing for 2 spots and have signed a striker who won't get a match if RVP stays fit unless we make a pretty big change in how we play. I wouldn't mind that but it doesn't strike me as something Wenger would do.

None of the players who move into such positions are out-and-out attacking midfielders. It would be retarded to push Arteta forward into that position when he does his best work in a deeper role. Relying on Ramsey at this point in time would be stupid given how awful he was last season.
    Short of signing a proper AM the best option I can see is having RVP fall back a lot more if we've someone to play ahead of him.
    Well done on addressing the point I raised on our difficulty in breaking teams down. When your supposed DM (Song) has more assists than the two midfielder playing ahead of him combined there's a problem. Would you be happy with Arteta playing further forward, losing his influence in front of the defence or sign a player who actually plays in the advanced position and let Arteta continue doing what he does well?

As far as spending power goes, AM with Song being told to stay the **** back or an AM, DM and Podolski and I would've been happy. What worries me is that we have Gervinho, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Podolski competing for 2 spots and have signed a striker who won't get a match if RVP stays fit unless we make a pretty big change in how we play. I wouldn't mind that but it doesn't strike me as something Wenger would do.
    I suggest you have a read of Arteta and his playing time at Everton where he was converted into an AM by David moyes and even beat Cristiano Ronaldo to player of the season on one occasion.
    It's a rather pointless argument as we know Wenger won't play him there after he done Songs job so much better than song could himself.
    And as I have said many times now, we have players all through midfield who move into that position throughout the match, if Wenger bought an AM he would probably convert him to a striker or winger anyway, as how many players in the last few years have said they wanna play through the centre like an AM only for it be ignored by Wenger?
    I believe Wenger recognises that that's a position that is well covered by movement by different players, including Song.

• Advertisement

Ox in AM anyone?

Ox in AM anyone?

I already mentioned him earlier, he certainly has all the traits with strength.:)

Ox in AM anyone?

If we were to switch how we play, yes. As a playmaker he hasn't shown he can do that yet I don't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

A few things...

I cannot see any way that we are going to play 4-4-2 next season. There is going to be three in the middle of midfield, either one holding with two slightly further ahead or two sitting with one in an advanced role.

That leaves a front three with one through the middle. If RVP stays, and thats still a big if at this stage, then he will play through the middle. It would be madness to move him, coming off the back off that last season. I have seen him play from the right quite a bit for the Dutch over the past few years and while he can do a job there, he becomes less involved in the game. Seeing as how reliant we were on him last year, we cannot afford this.

I think its pretty nailed on Podolski we play from the left. That leaves the spot on the right being a battle between Walcott, Gervinho, and Ox. Personally I think Ox is ready to be a regular starter. He is certainly the most talented of the 3 imo and seems to be unaffected by the pressure. Looked good in the France match the other night too. I have a lot of hope for Gervinho still but if he doesn't get much game time this season he may struggle to ever make it with us. Got to think that AW will go with Walcott as his starter in the end though.

In midfield, if Wilshere is fit he has to start. IF we sign M'Vila he has to start. On last seasons form Arteta, Song, and Rosicky would all be unlucky to lose out on a starting position. I would think the final position would be between Song and Arteta, with the decision being based on what role AW decides to use Jack in.

Potential starting XI when everyone is available:
    Szchezny

Sagna
    Koscielny
    Vermaelen
    Gibbs

M' Vila

Wilshere
    Song

Chamberlain
    Podolski
    Van Persie

Szchezny

Sagna
    Koscielny
    Vermaelen
    Gibbs

M' Vila
    Wilshere

Arteta

Chamberlain
    Podolski
    Van Persie

If we were to switch how we play, yes. As a playmaker he hasn't shown he can do that yet I don't think.

Wenger won't change how we play, he will just expect players to adapt, that's his philosophy since day one.
    Chamberlain started moving into the central position playing for England last week and did a damn good job of it.
    I'm not arguing with you for the sake of it, I think a majority of arsenal fans believe we are weaker further back in the field and we have so much talent as an attacking force, add Podolski to that too and I think if we cover DMC (MVila)
    Get LB cover, and possibly Giroud with RVP staying, we will be way more effective next season.

• Advertisement

It's really hard to see a system to accommodate everyone. Other than the wingers replacing one player with another would mean a different formation to suit whoever's on.

We shall see though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Whats the deal with Eduardo for Croatia? He's started on the bench for both games thus far. Did he ever reclaim his place after his injury?

No Arsenal players playing so we're down to former players :D

Wenger won't change how we play, he will just expect players to adapt, that's his philosophy since day one.
    Chamberlain started moving into the central position playing for England last week and did a damn good job of it.
    I'm not arguing with you for the sake of it, I think a majority of arsenal fans believe we are weaker further back in the field and we have so much talent as an attacking force, add Podolski to that too and I think if we cover DMC (MVila)
    Get LB cover, and possibly Giroud with RVP staying, we will be way more effective next season.

I'd be happy enough with M'Vila signing but like I said it'd be hard to find something to accommodate everyone then. Hard to see Song not being a first-11 player for one thing.

What would everyone's front 6 players be as it is out of the 10 RVP, Giroud, Podolski, Song, Arteta, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho, Ramsey, Rosicky? Add M'Vila and that's a damn crowded midfield. :pac:

It's really hard to see a system to accommodate everyone. Other than the wingers replacing one player with another would mean a different formation to suit whoever's on.

We shall see though.

There are a lot of different tactics that we could use to good effect with our team, but Wenger hasn't been very adventurous in that area, but we can always hope.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Whats the deal with Eduardo for Croatia? He's started on the bench for both games thus far. Did he ever reclaim his place after his injury?

No Arsenal players playing so we're down to former players :D

Nah poor DuDu, looks like he's a backup man now, probably had 12mins game time out of 2 games.
    God I loved Eduardo, sad.:(

Squillaci on his way out

We could potentially loose song, Walcott, and RVP this summer
    So they might be room for all these signings

Squillaci on his way out

Ciao bella :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Squillaci on his way out

Of his house? :pac:

Who the hell would buy him?