Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Mickeroo wrote: »
    being a hero too. just scored a cracker.

I can't recall Walcott ever taking a shot from that range for us :mad:

jordainius wrote: »
    being a hero too. just scored a cracker.

Agreed, I hope he makes a habit of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jordainius wrote: »

Same could nearly be said for the whole Arsenal squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Chamberlain looks like coming on soon.

An assist for Walcott great run great goal

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

RVP 11 wrote: »

Set up Welbeck's one nicely there too, seems he has something to prove this lad :D

Dropped to the bench for two games running and thats what happens. We should drop him more often! :pac:

RVP 11 wrote: »

Set up Welbeck's one nicely there too, seems he has something to prove this lad :D
    Hope the euros is a real turning point in his career

OH no theo off calf injury, chamber on

Walcott looks injured. Definitly an Arsenal player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Walcott off already, same ole same ole

Oxlade on though

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

oh wait he's back on, thought Theo was subbed for Oxo but apparently not.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Walcott looks injured. Definitly an Arsenal player.
    He's back on lol phew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

wonga77 wrote: »
    Walcott off already, same ole same ole

Oxlade on though
    or maybe not... Same calf thats been giving him trouble before???

Chamberlain finally on.

Gerrard stealing Chamberlain's chance at a goal :pac:

Theo Walcott: 3 touches, 1 goal, 1 assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Walcott didn't know himself how his goal went in. Took a few touches on the way in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

dorgasm wrote: »
    Walcott didn't know himself how his goal went in. Took a few touches on the way in.

Actually the shot took no deflections on the way in. I think that is what put the 'keeper off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Galvasean wrote: »
    dorgasm wrote: »

Actually the shot took no deflections on the way in. I think that is what put the 'keeper off.

Pretty sure it did, seb Larssons' leg I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Fenix wrote: »
    Pretty sure it did, seb Larssons' leg I think!

No it didn't hit anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

so how certain do people reckon this M'Vila deal is?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Walcott was brilliant last night. Should really have had an another assist at the end for Gerrard's miss and could easily have had 2 more goals if his teammates had picked him out.

He's inconsistent as anything but when he plays like that he's such a massive asset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

I thought it took a deflection which is why my celebration was a bit odd. But I've seen it again and it didn't. I didn't know I had that sort of Ronaldo dip in me. I should try it more often.

Makes me have a right wee chuckle. I couldn't believe it was Theo when I saw it. Still, he was great last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Makes me have a right wee chuckle. I couldn't believe it was Theo when I saw it. Still, he was great last night.

Have to say, the goal and even the cerebration were very Henry-esque. Isn't Theo entering the final year of his contract also? What are peoples opinions on the matter. Sign him up now, or take a risk and let him go into the new season with something to prove, and play for a new contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Dercola wrote: »
    Have to say, the goal and even the cerebration were very Henry-esque. Isn't Theo entering the final year of his contract also? What are peoples opinions on the matter. Sign him up now, or take a risk and let him go into the new season with something to prove, and play for a new contract?

I think that he'll be looking at it differently, he knows that chelsea are interested. i think if we let him run down his contract he'll be gone for nothing next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

^^^ Chelsea wont be the only ones interested. Barcelona are known admirers and Theo strikes me as one of the few if not only English player that could easily assimilate into the language and culture

THey should get him to sign on yeah, I think he's a good player to have in the squad, and even if they decide they want rid they'd easily get over 20 million for him. Letting players run their contracts dangerously short is nothing new for Arsenal though unfortunately.

TomKat wrote: »

Not certain at all IMO. Once you see a 'done deal' put on hiatus until after the summer international tourney it usually means the player/agent/selling club is hoping the player can have a few good games on the world stage in order to generate interest from more clubs and jack up the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

TomKat wrote: »

From what I've been reading tonight, we're certainly not at a contract stage yet anyway.

This is coming from the mirror as quotes from the man himself:
    I have heard Arsenal are interested in me. I like Arsenal and I like the Premier League.

I don’t know what is happening with the clubs, but yes, I would be interested in the Premier League and Arsenal.

Encouraging at least. Better than nothing, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

From what I've been reading tonight, we're certainly not at a contract stage yet anyway.

That is apparently exactly what Podolski said shortly before his transfer was made official.

The Mirror is reporting that Arsenal will sell RVP for €30 million. if that is not met he will see out the rest of his contract. Seems like he doesn't want to renew

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

greendom wrote: »

That is apparently exactly what Podolski said shortly before his transfer was made official.

The Mirror is reporting that Arsenal will sell RVP for €30 million. if that is not met he will see out the rest of his contract. Seems like he doesn't want to renew

Just read that, 30 million yes please

Would have wanted him to re-sign but as long as a decision is made, stuck to and done quickly with adequate replacements sorted I'll be happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

greendom wrote: »
    Would have wanted him to re-sign but as long as a decision is made, stuck to and done quickly with adequate replacements sorted I'll be happy enough

This. If he's made up his mind, don't spend the whole summer wasting time trying to convince him to stay. Flog him after the Euros, get in replacements.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

If RVP is sold who is good enough (and available) to replace him? Podolski is good but he's no RvP replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If RVP is sold who is good enough (and available) to replace him? Podolski is good but he's no RvP replacement.

He won't be replaced and if he's sold I'll be dropping my expectations to top 4 from day 1.

RVP had an exceptional season for us last year, and truth be told we were over reliant on him. Hopefully we won't need to be so reliant on his replacement and goals will be more equally shared around our forward players. Hopefully between them, Podolski, Giroud?? and Dempsey?? (for example) will score as many if not more than RVP scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I don't think we will struggle without him we won't replace him like for like, but strengthen a few other areas we might even be better

I might sound like I want him gone, I don't really hope he signs but def won't be bothered If we sell him, One good season in 8 with his injury record def take 30 million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

We change the formation and emphasis of the team, and more players contribute goals.

Just like United did when Ronaldo moved.

He was never directly replaced. Indeed, there's no one to replace him.

But Rooney moved centrally, scored more goals, Valencia was added and contributed, and at various times Tevez, Berbatov, Hernandez etc have contributed goals.

Thats the theory anyway - easier said than done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

meriwether wrote: »
    We change the formation and emphasis of the team, and more players contribute goals.

Just like United did when Ronaldo moved.

He was never directly replaced. Indeed, there's no one to replace him.

But Rooney moved centrally, scored more goals, Valencia was added and contributed, and at various times Tevez, Berbatov, Hernandez etc have contributed goals.

Thats the theory anyway - easier said than done.

At least you're optimistic anyway. That's what we'll try to do of course, but we're not United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Arsenals first PL fixture next season is against Sunderland at home!

L'prof wrote: »
    At least you're optimistic anyway. That's what we'll try to do of course, but we're not United.

I have to agree. There was a lot more overall talent in the United team that Ronaldo left than what we currently have at Arsenal.

Ben Glasgow joins Stoke on pro deal:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18356839

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Podolski scores against Denmark :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

iMuse wrote: »
    Podolski scores against Denmark :D

100th cap for Germany too. Good stuff.

G'wan Podolski :D Just getting warmed up.

Is Mertesacker/Bendtner playing? A few Arsenal lads out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

RVP going home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

RvP having a mare of a game, might not be going after all :)

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    RvP having a mare of a game, might not be going after all :)

Just so long as he doesnt bring his Dutch form home with him. That said Arsenal are more of a cohesive unit then Holland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement