Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

RVP 11 wrote: »
    AwyvptYCQAM9Gra.jpg

Maybe he's dropping a subtle hint that we're seeing the back of him???!!!

(the tshirt is back to front)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Campbell seems to be joining real Betis on loan for next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

that photo's months old, yous know

greendom wrote: »
    Now all we need is for that photo to be accompanied with an article entitled "Why I'm staying at Arsenal"

by Sebastien Squillaci

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Just watched the final MOTD of last season again today.

Totally forgot how much of a legend Martin Fulop is. :D

... and how ANGRY I get watching Arsenal defend sometimes :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

The link for the printing of the jerseys features videos introducing Martinez and Angha, Angha in particular is rumoured to be on a par with Wilshere in terms of expectation within the club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Counter-rumour: Apparently Arsenal haven't received a decision on his pending Work Permit yet which would contradict the loan move rumour.

Not sure how valid either of these claims are.

Counter-rumour: Apparently Arsenal haven't received a decision on his pending Work Permit yet which would contradict the loan move rumour.

Not sure how valid either of these claims are.

He tweeted it himself he is def goong, with Afobe going to on loan too were either gonna sign someone else or chamak stays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

He tweeted it himself he is def goong, with Afobe going to on loan too were either gonna sign someone else or chamak stays

The thoughts of Chamakh staying another season will have me waking up in a cold sweat for the next two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

HazDanz wrote: »
    The thoughts of Chamakh staying another season will have me waking up in a cold sweat for the next two months.

well get prepared early n buy lots of towels, he aint going nowhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

amiable wrote: »
    Mickeroo wrote: »

An initial offer like that is insulting and could backfire IMO.
    ****ing joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Chamakh and Park are both staying. No-one is mad enough to take them on loan. And definitely not mental enough to buy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Frisbee wrote: »
    Chamakh and Park are both staying. No-one is mad enough to take them on loan. And definitely not mental enough to buy.

I don't see why a french club wouldn't be interested in Park considering he actually has a reputation as a good player over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

They will both probably have to go out on loan to prove that they can both still play football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

540924_435888296434110_993049388_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just been offered a season ticket from the club, does anybody know if this is any use to the supporters club or should I just turn it down as I can't afford it/won't even be in the country!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

L'prof wrote: »
    Just been offered a season ticket from the club, does anybody know if this is any use to the supporters club or should I just turn it down as I can't afford it/won't even be in the country!

Get a loan, buy it, then post it to me. Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Joel Campbell going on loan to Real Betis for next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

HazDanz wrote: »

Just add in thoughts of Squillaci staying.
    Frisbee wrote: »

When does park have to go home for military service ?
    Could that be moved forward ?
    BTW does anyone have an idea why he is in the South Korean Olympic squad and what event he will be taking part in ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

jmayo wrote: »
    BTW does anyone have an idea why he is in the South Korean Olympic squad and what event he will be taking part in ?

:D
    Table tennis, I presume.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Get a loan, buy it, then post it to me. Problem solved.

Done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

jmayo wrote: »
    When does park have to go home for military service ?
    Could that be moved forward ?

He was originally due to leave towards the end of 2013/start of 2014 or thereabouts.

But it emerged a few months ago that he got it postponed for 10 years- this has not gone down well in his home country and his popularity has plummited.

However, the circumstances of his transfer to this Arsenal are rather strange, I'll include a quote of an older post of mine to outline why;
    jordainius wrote: »
    Ok, so in the article tayto lover included in his last post, according to L'Equipe we now have to pay an extra 3 million due to a clause activated by the postponement of Park's military service.

But according to Park himself, he “asked the Military Manpower Administration in early August last year to grant me an extension of overseas stay permit. The permit was granted on Aug. 29,”

His move was completed on the 30th, yet for some reason Arsenal agreed to the extra 3 million clause despite Park being granted permission to postpone his military service the day before. I can only assume that Arsenal weren't informed of this. The conspiracy theorist in me would wonder has there been an attempt to con Arsenal out of 3 million euro? I'm sure there is a simpler less sinister explanation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RVP going nowhere it seems

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7V79?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=arsenal

eacherreport.com/tb/d7Vdw?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

jordainius wrote: »
    He was originally due to leave towards the end of 2013/start of 2014 or thereabouts.

But it emerged a few months ago that he got it postponed for 10 years- this has not gone down well in his home country and his popularity has plummited.

Yeah I thought he was supposed to complete it by the age of 30 or some such.

So I guess the fact he is shirking it plus fact he has hardly played will have affected the sale of the old shirts in The Land of the Morning Calm.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Was Inamoto our last Asian player? I dont recall him playing too much either.

:D
    Table tennis, I presume.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

A final desicion denilsion should be done tommorrow, think we might take a hit on the fee and put in a % of the sell on clause, I reckon you will see alot of that for players leaving this summer

L'prof wrote: »

are they £1300 as said by that tennis player?

actually i suppose it depends on where about's the seat is.
    A final desicion denilsion should be done tommorrow, think we might take a hit on the fee and put in a % of the sell on clause, I reckon you will see alot of that for players leaving this summer

last i read about it was the chairman/director of Sao Paulo reckons they'll try to extend his loan for another 6mths or 1 year as they don't want to pay what arsenal are asking but also said arsenal are happy with his progress & want him back because of it

batistuta9 wrote: »
    are they £1300 as said by that tennis player?

actually i suppose it depends on where about's the seat is.

More or less:
    Mail wrote:
    Please note that the available seating is limited and will be sold on a first come first served basis. The majority of available seating is situated behind the goal areas in the Upper Tier, priced at £1,423 (or £1,173 for the back ten rows of this area). Payment may be made by debit or credit card, cheque or finance - details will be given on request.

• Advertisement

nearly £1200 for the back of the upper tier = fúcking hell

last time i was over i was up there, nearly got altitude sickness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

batistuta9 wrote: »
    nearly £1200 for the back of the upper tier = fúcking hell

last time i was over i was up there, nearly got altitude sickness :pac:
    season ticket? i am thinking of applying but how long do i have to wait?

season ticket? i am thinking of applying but how long do i have to wait?

7 years for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7863212/No-Gunners-offer-for-Lloris
    Arsenal target Hugo Lloris has had a £16m price tag slapped on him by his French club Lyon according to president Jean-Michel Aulas.

Despite winning the French cup last season the club a fourth-place finish in the league has prompted a clear out of some of their under-performing stars.

The highly-rated keeper has been linked with a number of Europe's big-hitters in recent months with Arsene Wenger thought to be among his admirers.

But Aulas has warned the Arsenal boss he has got just two weeks to come up with the money or else he will be going nowhere this summer.

"A certain number of players were not good enough last season and will leave or at least be placed on the transfer list," said Aulas to the club's website.

"Hugo told me he would like to leave if an offer comes in from one of the biggest five clubs in Europe.

"If one of these clubs makes an offer that matches his market value, in other words 20 million Euros then he can go.

"If there is no offer before July 15 he will remain at the club for the coming season.

"For the moment there has been no offer from Arsenal or anywhere else."

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Was Inamoto our last Asian player? I dont recall him playing too much either.

I think so yeah. Never played in the Premier League for us though. all of his appearances came in Europe and the domestic Cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Apparently, Arshavin wants to leave the club this summer and there are some Turkish clubs interested.

• Advertisement

And Turkey (Galatasary) or Andalucia (Malaga) are the latest destination rumours for Bendtner

Apparently, Arshavin wants to leave the club this summer and there are some Turkish clubs interested.
    greendom wrote: »
    And Turkey (Galatasary) or Andalucia (Malaga) are the latest destination rumours for Bendtner

6wu8.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Would be nice to get a good clear out of the duds this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

With an injury crisis more than likely waiting to spring on us, this could be a potential starting 11 for Sunderland game on opening day....

Mannone

Jenkinson--- Squillaci ---Djourou ---Santos

Denilson
    Arshavin
    Vela

Bendtner
    Park
    Chamakh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

danlen wrote: »
    With an injury crisis more than likely waiting to spring on us, this could be a potential starting 11 for Sunderland game on opening day....

Mannone

Jenkinson--- Squillaci ---Djourou ---Santos

Denilson
    Arshavin
    Vela

Bendtner
    Park
    Chamakh

Looks decent, lots of width and a solid back four, especially with Squillaci marshalling the lines.

• Advertisement

Afobe plays 90mins for the England U19s against Croatia. they play Serbia on Friday.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/afobe

I have also just noticed that Ramsey is in the 'Team GB' side for the Olympics. Hopefully he can have a few games to get his sharpness back.

I think we need to be slightly worried bout out midfield options for the start of the season
    Wilshere (out)
    Ramsey (Olympics will he be ready)
    Rosicky (Achilles, will he be ready)
    Frimpong (out)
    Yossi (gone)
    Arteta (ankle, will he be ready)
    Diaby (is he alive)

We could be missing all these for the opening few games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I think we need to be slightly worried bout out midfield options for the start of the season
    Wilshere (out)
    Frimpong (out)
    Yossi (gone)
    Diaby (is he alive)

Is Myachi defiantely going out on loan? If we are changing to a 4-3-3, which I think we are, we would potentially only need 3 players who can play in the middle, so Ramsey/Arteta, Rosicky and Song. We also have Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho or Coquelin who could probably play there if we are stuck, not to mention Walcott or Santos.

Any of these players could do the job for us for a few games at the very least .

I just realised as I was typing this reply:

Do we actually have some depth this year? :eek:

Wilshere (out)
    Frimpong (out)
    Yossi (gone)
    Diaby (is he alive)

I think (certainly hope) that you're being a little over-dramatic here. I can understand though - it's the pre-season and there's not much drama around :)

farna_boy wrote: »

Do we actually have some depth this year? :eek:

I remember thinking we had a bit of depth at the start of last season too, we've only bought 2 players yet and they're both strikers. Lets not count our chickens yet.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Is Myachi defiantely going out on loan? If we are changing to a 4-3-3, which I think we are, we would potentially only need 3 players who can play in the middle, so Ramsey/Arteta, Rosicky and Song. We also have Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho or Coquelin who could probably play there if we are stuck, not to mention Walcott or Santos.

Lol wut? Probably the two least suitable to a central midfield role we have in the current squad. Imagine Gervinho being closed down quickly while trying to concentrate on getting his first touch right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Midfield is the one area we have plently of cover for. We'd have to be insanely unlucky not to have three players who can play there.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Midfield is the one area we have plently of cover for. We'd have to be insanely unlucky not to have three players who can play there.

Wilshere and Ramsey are going to miss the start of the season. There's a good chance Rosicky and Diaby will miss it also. Arteta should hopefully be fit. A midfield of Arteta, Coquelin and Song for the start of the season is a solid unti and I'd be happy for us to play that for the first few games. The issue is though if we lose any of those three to injury/suspension our options look very bleak outside of unexpectedly drafting in Eisfeld or Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Robin van Persie has announced he will not be extending his contract at Arsenal, with a statement on his official website reading: "I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions."

:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Sky Sports breaking news, stating Van Persie has announced he wont be extending his contract :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:, words cannot explain how reading that makes me feel.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement