Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Snakeblood wrote: »
    It's a fake account.

u sure?

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Lol I know that, I've been saying we were lucky to get 4th even with RVP
    I don't agree with the boards plan I merely stated I understand it, even the shareholders are saying it now
    We all know it's bigger than Wenger, but it's taken you 3 years to see that yourself based on your previous rantings on other forums.
    Fans won't have any input on the decisons the board make so it's a fruitless argument anyway.
    What's not accepting it going to do? lol
    Change the board?

Hey, u wanted wenger out too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hey, u wanted wenger out too!!!

I wanted change, and unfortunately the manager is the only real thing that changes at this level.
    Now you want the board out right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

u sure?
    AFC_Wheeler ‏@WheeLer_AFC
    I own a Nasri parody account, I tweeted "looking forward to playing with RvP" as a joke. And Caught Offside have wrote an article on it!

yup

That_Guy wrote: »

That's that bell end who released a video of him making black players with weird faces on Fifa 11 and giggling like a retard.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Out of interest what would have to be done to get the current board out.

And what's stopping usmanov from going all in since he already has 30% ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That's that bell end who released a video of him making black players with weird faces on Fifa 11 and giggling like a retard.:pac:

"We bought Podolski. He's German, he knows what he's doing"

:pac:

"And that french fella Gerrard"
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

"Bendtner scored frickin' 2 goals mate!! BENDTNER! BENDTNER!"

Classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Talksport claiming Arsenal have agreed a deal with Lyon to sign Hugo Lloris, Lyon waiting to find replacement before making the deal official.

I find this hard to believe. Arsenal breaking their transfer record to sign a keeper? I just don't see it + it's not like Chesney is a bad keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Say if United and City were both offering Arsenal £20-25 million for Van Persie, which club would Arsenal fans prefer him to go to? Just wondering.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Talksport claiming Arsenal have agreed a deal with Lyon to sign Hugo Lloris, Lyon waiting to find replacement before making the deal official.

I find this hard to believe. Arsenal breaking their transfer record to sign a keeper? I just don't see it + it's not like Chesney is a bad keeper.

Maybe Ches is off to city as well ;)

blobby360 wrote: »
    Out of interest what would have to be done to get the current board out.

And what's stopping usmanov from going all in since he already has 30% ?

Kroenke has 66% I think. He's got to be convinced to sell.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Say if United and City were both offering Arsenal £20-25 million for Van Persie, which club would Arsenal fans prefer him to go to? Just wondering.

City. So many egos bubbling around in there, it's messy. United, Ferguson would know how to keep everyone in line with a new star player.

Just a thought.

Personally i would say United, just for 2 fingers up to Citys "buy everything" policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Lloris signing looks an odd one, decent player no doubt but Wegner seems to have waited a while for Scezney to "come of age"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

City.

My hatred* of City is relatively new.

My hatred of United is long standing, and at this stage is a vocation, if not a raison d'etre.

*I don 't really hate them. Football hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Don't believe the Lloris story for a second.

Break the clubs transfer record to sign a back-up keeper.

meriwether wrote: »
    City.

My hatred* of City is relatively new.
    As is mine, but they are destroying football in England with the wages, United aren't, even thought "footie/winning" hatred is there too.

So we want Ushmanov now, do we?

Fackin hell.

Aquila wrote: »
    So was that Giroud tweet a fake?
    Of course.

gosplan wrote: »
    Don't believe the Lloris story for a second.

Break the clubs transfer record to sign a back-up keeper.

What oif he's not the back-up keeper?

So we want Ushmanov now, do we?

Fackin hell.

Nope, not a chance.

• Advertisement

Why?
    Is Scezeney going to City aswell?;)

Break the club's transfer record just to bench Szc then.

Still makes no sense.

DEAR LORD THAT HAD ME IN TEARS WATCHING THAT AT WORK!!! guy sitting next to me was like wtf u ok mate LOL
    I wanted change, and unfortunately the manager is the only real thing that changes at this level.

no i want the bored to invest a bit more in the team by doing a couple of things:

get rid of dead wood.

stop giving 60k to 10 year olds

start giving near 200k on our bets players

once in a while stomp up 30m on a read made world class player

If we do the above we can start challenging.

U say we cant compete in wages yet we are not even that far off in overal wage bill compared to united?

DEAR LORD THAT HAD ME IN TEARS WATCHING THAT AT WORK!!! guy sitting next to me was like wtf u ok mate LOL

no i want the bored to invest a bit more in the team by doing a couple of things:

get rid of dead wood.

stop giving 60k to 10 year olds

start giving near 200k on our bets players

once in a while stomp up 30m on a read made world class player

If we do the above we can start challenging.

U say we cant compete in wages yet we are not even that far off in overal wage bill compared to united?
    But you know that won't happen yet you are still saying it.
    Our wage bill might be high but our debt will never be come near uniteds.
    You are reading too much opinions off those who don't support arsenal on avf wink wink
    We all want the board to do this and that, but the board will do what they think is right as business model, ala ticket prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

fixtures on TV....

August
    Stoke v Arsenal - Sun 26 1:30pm SKY

September
    Liverpool v Arsenal - Sun 2 1:30pm SKY
    Manchester City v Arsenal - Sun 23 4pm SKY
    Arsenal v Chelsea - Sat 29 12:45pm SKY

October
    West Ham v Arsenal - Sat 6 5:30pm ESPN
    Norwich v Arsenal - Sat 20 5:30pm ESPN

November
    Manchester United v Arsenal - Sat 3 12:45pm SKY
    Arsenal v Tottenham - Sat 17 12:45pm SKY
    Aston Villa v Arsenal - Sat 24 5:30pm ESPN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If Lloris was coming it would be on the understanding that he was first choice. He wouldn't come over to sit on the bench.

Season over by November Jonney?;)

maybe he will play as a winger and not a GK? wenger does like to play players out of position after all

Season over by November Jonney?;)

na.

we have made some decent signings before rvp ****ed off so all is well. we are not progressing, rather then staying same level as last season. if we can buy another proven player then we can say we are progressing.

na.

we have made some decent signings before rvp ****ed off so all is well. we are not progressing, rather then staying same level as last season. if we can buy another proven player then we can say we are progressing.

Well that's if Giroud & Podolski get 30+ goals between them in their first season, i hope it happens but it is a bit of blind faith afterall.;)
    Thanks to RVP not leaving everyone hanging until the end of August, the board now have a few weeks to get in another good player.
    Lets' hope they ****ing use it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

didn't see this posted yet, apologies if it has. Usmanov & Co hve written an open letter to the board:
    Dear Sirs,

In recent weeks a couple of separate actions have occurred, which have caused us, as a near 30% shareholder in the club, to have serious concerns about the approach of the Board and the management team:

Firstly, there were some very deliberate and public comments by Ivan Gazidis which were intended to leave the club's supporters with an impression that Red & White is in some bitter stand-off with the board over its desire for a board seat and that our involvement on the club's board might cause conflict and "destabilise" the club; and

Secondly, OJSC MegaFon (Russia) received a cold call letter from Mr Gazidis requesting a meeting to discuss a possible international partnership deal including shirt sponsorship. MegaFon is one of the three largest mobile phone companies in Russia and also happens to be over 50% owned by Alisher Usmanov. Is this really the level of professionalism that is being applied to securing long-term commercial contracts?

Let us not forget that we have invested circa £200 million of cash in the equity of the club. We are part of this club and naturally want the best for it, but our investment is less important than the fact we are loyal supporters and will never do anything that would destabilise or "create conflict" at the club.

We do however believe that you, the board, and the executive management team should focus your energies on the most efficient operation of the club and desist from seeking to create a false enemy in Red & White. In our view it is clear that you are trying to distract attention from the more fundamental issues facing the club, and which indeed many of the supporters discuss through social media and other forums on a regular basis. These are the financial model, the lack of investment and the club's future strategic direction.

However, before addressing these points, it is important to deal with the issues surrounding a board seat for Red & White once and for all. As you all know well, Mr Usmanov has never sought himself a board seat at the club. Indeed Mr Usmanov does not hold any board seat in any of the companies where he is an investor. Since the purchase of our first share in the club, we have not only steadfastly adhered to a policy of non-interference in the running of the club, but have consistently supported the management and given no reason whatsoever to be accused of subversion or sabotage. The history of our voting in support of the board at the annual general meetings is proof of this.

Indeed, in any conversation about conflict, it is clear from a look at the history of the club in recent years that the board has achieved conflict without the help of any outside parties, notably the acrimonious departures of David Dein, Keith Edelman, Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith and Richard Carr, who then reappeared on the football club board. You also instituted a lock-down agreement originally to prevent Mr Kroenke from gaining control and then, later, to exclude our involvement even though there were no grounds or need to do so.

The real conflict seems to be between the supporters' expectations and your vision for the club and at the heart of this is the policy of so-called self-financing. The self-financing model was created to suit the major shareholders at the time, all of whom subsequently sold their shares. The previous decision by the board to fund the building of the Emirates Stadium with long-term debt was, we believe, certainly not about self-financing. If it had been, it would have been funded through a mixture of debt and non-divided equity. Instead, it allowed in our view, the majority shareholders of the time, who happened to all be board directors, to load the club with a liability, to benefit from increased future revenue streams and consequent increase in value of their holdings, whilst avoiding dilution of their equity. The board of the time then appeared to pursue a policy of increasing ticket prices and squeezing the fans to cover the short term cost increases which allowed them to bridge until all of these shareholders and board directors sold 100% of their holding and cashed out vast profits.

This policy does not seem to have changed. We have sought and been refused any meetings with Mr Kroenke despite the fact that we own almost 30% of the club or to put it another way almost one in every three seats in the stadium. It is clear that our stated policy for the major shareholders, namely Mr Kroenke and ourselves, to inject non-dividend paying equity into the club by way of a rights issues to reduce the debt and invest in the future is of no interest to the board. Mr Kroenke was sold a vision by the board at the time that the club could be successful without further investment, so he is pursing a similar policy which is to run the club without any investment and to avoid and dilution of his equity, a good part of which was funded by a loan from Deutsche Bank AG to KSE, UK, Inc. at the time of the mandatory offer. The status of that loan and whether it is still outstanding has not been clarified by Mr Kroenke.

As a consequence of this policy, which is dressed up as prudent financial planning, it is down to our manager, and not the shareholders, to have to deal with the club's tight finances, carry the burden of repaying the stadium debt by selling his best players and having to continue to find cheap replacement. All of that, naturally, comes at the expense of performance on the pitch.

This policy is leading to the loss of our best players, often to our main competitors, and even causes the players themselves to question their future at the club and the club's ambitions. The situation with our captain and outstanding performer from last season Robin van Persie sums this up. Yet again we are faced with losing our true marquee player at the club because we cannot assure him of the future direction and give confidence that we can win trophies. Where are the safeguards to ensure the this doesn't happen again and again in the future? As a top club we should, at the very least, match if not beat the offers that other clubs make to try and lure our very best players away, and also provide a more compelling vision of the future. You can try and put a good face on a bad game for as long as you want, pontificating about the merits of this model, but it will not hide the obvious fact that it just does not allow our great manager to fully realise his managerial talent and deliver success for the fans who are paying the highest prices in the land. It appears that a place in the Champions League will be the pinnacle of our ambition again next season. Unfortunately, in the future we may see this ambition lowered further. It doesn't help to turn a blind eye to the reality of the situation and keep thinking of ourselves as being in the same league as Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City and Barcelona. To have a fighting chance of success, which means winning trophies, we need to match them in every aspect, including, if not first and foremost, financial.

So what is Red & White's vision for the club? It is simple. A debt free club, with a big enough war chest to buy top players who can hit the ground running and who can compliment the club's long tradition of developing young players and homegrown talent. Together they can help the club win the most prestigious trophies - because it is the trophies which are the crowning achievement for everybody at the club. The trophies are also key to the commercial success of the club - they increase the value of the players, the value of the brand, attract the best sponsors and maximise the value of our commercial contracts which should in turn mean that the club does not have to squeeze any more income from hard pressed fans. We also believe in the transparency that a stock market listing brings so we are committed to the club remaining listed on the stock exchanged and to greater fan involvement both through share ownership and also board representation for the fans.

Today we weigh the majority shareholder Mr Kroenke every success in running the club, even though we have deep reservations about the viability of the policies being pursued by his management team and sanctioned by the board.

Finally and reflecting on our long-term commitment to the club, we will continue to purchase more shares in the club from anyone who want to sell them to us. Also in order to formalise our long-term involvement with the club and put an end to any speculation over our position, we, as the co-owners of Red & White, will proudly retain our holding in the club as a long-term investment for ourselves and our family members to benefit for generations to come. We want the absolute best for the club and will do what is necessary to ensure the success of the club that we all love.

Yours sincerely,

Alisher Usmanov

Farhad Moshiri

Well that's if Giroud & Podolski get 30+ goals between them in their first season, i hope it happens but it is a bit of blind faith afterall.;)
    Thanks to RVP not leaving everyone hanging until the end of August, the board now have a few weeks to get in another good player.
    Lets' hope they ****ing use it.

its possible

its possible

What?, that Chamakh will score a goal?:D;)

Hmm, now l'equipe are reporting Arsenal and Lyon have agreed a fee for Lloris.

I still don't really believe it but am leaning towards wtf??????

Why strengthen there? Can anyone suggest a good reason?

Lloris is our new DM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He's left footed and looks remotely like a certain Dutchman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Szczesny's still a bit suspect, his decision making can be poor at times.

If this is true a bit of competition there is only a good thing + szczesny might learn something from him, cause you'd think if bought, lloris would be first choice but who knows.

Also szczesny's not the sort of guy i'd see sticking around too long if he's not first choice - a bit of the bendtner about him although he's got more of a reason to be cocky.

It does seem a little odd given szczesny done reasonably well last season but you can see the inexperience in him, but you can't get experience either if you don't play so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

How fecking typical, for a few seasons it was woefully obvious that Almunia and co were not good enough at a consistant level,yet they did nothing about it. Ches finally came along and has made number 1 his own and I am quite happy with him. Why now sign a second keeper when there is no immediate need? Lloris is not coming to Arsenal to sit on the bench i would imagine so where does that leave Szczesny?

Chesney's not perfect but I'd have have had him over De Gea last season at least. Touch of the Lehmans about him. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Because Chsz is not the finished article yet and we have poor back-up.

Because Chsz is not the finished article yet and we have poor back-up.

Yeah but Lloris is 25 and will rightly cost a fair bit.

Sign some old-ish goalkeeper who'll be good for a couple of years as back-up/rotation while Scz develops.

Signing Lloris for that much money basically says that Scz will never really be no.1

Keep up jonney, i posted that at 12 o clock.:D

arsenal are ****ed mate
    will the board do sonething? doubtful
    all they care about is lining up there pockets making themselves rich
    the baord members cant ****ing wait to sell rvp to fund a new yact for the board members
    when rvp said he doesnt want to sign, i be the board were singing and dancing mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I don't understand it either to be honest. We need a good back up for Szczęsny, fair enough, but Lloris is surely too good to be signed as a back up player? Szczęsny is surely too good to be benched too. Can't get my head around it at all to be honest, surely it can't be true!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement