Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

arsenal are ****ed mate
    will the board do sonething? doubtful
    all they care about is lining up there pockets making themselves rich
    the baord members cant ****ing wait to sell rvp to fund a new yact for the board members
    when rvp said he doesnt want to sign, i be the board were singing and dancing mate

greatest post ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd have loved Lloris a couple of years ago but we dont need him now. Someone like Craig Gordon would be much better. He wouldnt expect to be first choice but would still be good enough to keep Szczesny on his toes and be a capable stand in when needed. Unless we are going to alternate keepers, I dont see the point in signing Lloris.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Maybe Szczęsny is going too? being serious here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Lloris is the French international keeper. Would be harsh on Szczesny to be dropped but it'd be an upgrade nonetheless.

arsenal are ****ed mate
    the baord members cant ****ing wait to sell rvp to fund a new yact for the board members
    when rvp said he doesnt want to sign, i be the board were singing and dancing mate
    :D
    There's the old Jonney back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Really surprised @ RVP didnt expect it, hopefully the board can make a couple more signings to convince him to sign. Feel bad for Wenger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

RVP 11 wrote: »
    arsenal are ****ed mate
    :D
    There's the old Jonney back.

I'm blaming you :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think the've bought Lloris by accident thinking he's Fernando Llorente what with having two L's at the start of his name.

Seriously baffled if we have bought him though, effectively ending Shezzer's Arsenal career in one swoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Don't understand the Lloris link.

Maybe, and it's debatable, a small upgrade on Szczesny but hardly worth a large outlay to get.

I'm blaming you :)
    :pac: thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Lloris is a world class keeper. If this isn't a statement of intent I don't know what is. I know Szcz is quality but he's still relatively inexperienced (euros) and I don't think he'll ever be world class. Lloris will be, in time, comparable to the Cechs and Casillas' of modern day football. I do agree it's harsh on Szcz but a world class 25 year old keeper for £12M is brilliant value IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Lloris is a world class keeper. If this isn't a statement of intent I don't know what is. I know Szcz is quality but he's still relatively inexperienced (euros) and I don't think he'll ever be world class. Lloris will be, in time, comparable to the Cechs and Casillas' of modern day football. I do agree it's harsh on Szcz but a world class 25 year old keeper for £12M is brilliant value IMO.

If we can get him I don't see why we shouldn't. I don't agree on Szcz not ever becoming world class as he is so young and has been exceptional in goal at stages last season. Lloris if he comes to the club can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Wenger’s history of transfer denials – From RvP to Henry and Cole to Nasri
    After an outstanding season with Arsenal, Robin van Persie confirmed that he would not be extending his contract with the club. His current deal expires next summer which obviously puts pressure on Arsenal to sell him now.

Just the day before, Arsene Wenger claimed that Arsenal “depended” on the Dutchman and that he hoped he would see his career out in London.

Unfortunately for Arsenal, Wenger has a history of doing this, talking to the press about his certainty of a player’s future, only for them to leave days or weeks later.

Robin van Persie
    June 20th 2012
    Wenger: “He will stay at Arsenal.”

July 4th 2012
    Van Persie: “I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract.”

Samir Nasri
    July 12th 2011
    Wenger: “Samir’s situation is clear for me. He stays. We are in a position where we can say ‘no’ and we will.”

August 24th 2011 – Nasri signs Manchester City
    Nasri: “Why didn’t I extend at Arsenal last autumn? They made me an offer and my advisers made another one. In this last one there was a clause that Arsenal officials didn’t really accept. When they came back to offer me again in June, I made my decision. In my mind I wanted to leave, above all after the very difficult end to last season and I also already had nice contacts. You play football because you like it, but above all to win trophies. I am still dreaming about a national title, a cup or Champions League just like a kid.”

Cesc Fabregas
    July 12th 2011
    Wenger: “Imagine the worst situation – we lose Fabregas and Nasri – you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that. You talk about Fabregas leaving, Nasri leaving. If you give that message out, you cannot pretend you are a big club, because a big club first of all holds onto its big players and gives a message out to all the other big clubs that they just cannot come in and take away from you. We worked very hard with these players for years to develop them, and now it’s a time for us to keep them together.”

August 15th 2011 – Fabregas signs for Barcelona
    Fabregas: “I was just a servant and spent eight years there when I gave absolutely everything. It didn’t show in the cabinet, I only won one FA Cup really, and this is the biggest regret I will have in my career, probably, not to be able to lift a trophy as Arsenal captain.”

William Gallas
    March 11th 2010
    Wenger: “I am not concerned. He is under contract until the 30th of June. William is speaking to us and our desire is to keep him here. He wants to stay here.”

August 20th 2010 – Gallas signs for Tottenham Hotspur

Emmanuel Adebayor
    May 22nd 2009
    Wenger: “My gut feeling is he will be here. At the moment his future is at the club. He has a long contract and we want to keep him at the club.”

July 18th 2009 – Adebayor signs for Manchester City

Mathieu Flamini
    March 9th 2008
    Wenger: “We are very positive about Flamini. I believe he will stay. He wants to stay, I want him to stay – so we have a good understanding from the start.”

May 5th 2008 – Flamini signs for AC Milan
    Asked if winning the title would have made a difference, Flamini said: “That would have weighed in the balance. It would certainly have counted. I actually wanted to sign a new contract at Arsenal last July but it didn’t happen. AC Milan did so much to sign me I couldn’t refuse. What happened to us after leading the league for so long was the most painful experience I had during four years at Arsenal.”

Thierry Henry
    April 6th 2007
    Wenger: “It’s not an issue because I had a chat with Thierry Henry. He is clear he wants to stay, I am clear I want him to stay. It’s not an issue at all. That is a story that has been created by somebody, not by our club and not by Henry because we are both on the same wavelength.”

June 25th 2007 – Henry signs for Barcelona
    Henry: “It means a lot to come here and play with some of the best players in the world. It is incredible and I am looking forward to playing in the Camp Nou and helping the team in every way I can. It is an honour to be here and I am sure I will represent FC Barcelona the best I can. Barca is more than a club. Everybody knows about Barca.”

Jose Antonio Reyes
    July 31st 2006
    Wenger: “If you’ve come to ask me about the situation surrounding Reyes or Cesc then I can tell you that they are not for sale. I will be counting on them next season.”

August 31st 2006 – Reyes joins Real Madrid on loan before being sold to Atletico Madrid

Ashley Cole
    February 25th 2006
    Wenger: “I feel he is more committed. His attitude has never been a problem to me this season. He was always highly focused and committed. It is not a problem, frankly. At the end of the season he has two years, so we will start [contract talks] maybe in September or October.”

August 31st 2006 – Cole signs for Chelsea

http://www.byfarthegreatestteam.com/posts/wengers-history-of-incorrect-transfer-denials-from-rvp-to-henry/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

And....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

From 2008:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1682319.ece
    ROBIN VAN PERSIE reckons there is one player that Manchester City’s money could never buy — him.

The Arsenal striker is a huge supporter of boss Arsene Wenger’s philosophy not to spend big this summer, even though the Frenchman had the green light to fork out £30million on one player.

City’s new Arab owners, meanwhile, are ready to throw bucketloads of cash at recruiting the top names in world football.

Robinho arrived from Real Madrid on deadline day while City also tried to hijack Dimitar Berbatov’s move to neighbours United.

Van Persie admits he is fascinated by the developments at Eastlands — but he would never be lured by a fat pay cheque.

He said: “I was really surprised when they came in for Robinho. I thought ‘What’s happening? Man City and £30m?’

“No they haven’t put an offer in for me and they don’t have to bother! I’m really curious if Manchester City have a plan because it won’t work by only buying the most expensive players.

“It’s about a team. If all the pieces don’t click then the system will fail.

“In principle, Man City could have success but there has to be a philosophy with a whole staff who have a plan for the next four or five years.”

Wenger kept his hand in his pocket despite his board urging him to splash out this summer.

And his stance has the full backing of Dutchman Van Persie, 25.

He added: “The manager wanted to use a certain amount but not the full £30m. He has a principle and if he believes a player is worth £10m then he’ll only pay that amount.

“It’s difficult in this overinflated market. He wanted a player but the selling club were asking far too much in his valuation. So he told them: ‘That’s the price or forget it’.

“We have a small squad but achieving a mental hardness and avoiding injuries can make a difference.”

Paully D wrote: »

Clichy in 2009,
    "I really believe if you are a player who thinks only about money then you could end up at Manchester City. You have to think if you want to play for a big club and have your image or if you want to play for a good club and earn big money.
    "When you ask someone to move for something like £300,000 a week it is just crazy."

greendom wrote: »
    And....

Nothing.

Paully D wrote: »

Lol, very easy to say that when they're not actually interested in you.

For all RVP's loyalty and buying into the Arsenal, we've just seen the first time he was really tested in any way.

FFS, i'm still so anoyed about it. Why couldn't the twerp just show even the least bit of class and hand in a transfer request?

An unnanounced public statement on your personal website engineering a move away by saying you, the club captain, are off because the club can't win trophies.

FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK YYYYYYOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

gosplan wrote: »
    Hmm, now l'equipe are reporting Arsenal and Lyon have agreed a fee for Lloris.

I still don't really believe it but am leaning towards wtf??????

Why strengthen there? Can anyone suggest a good reason?

I guest the quotient of Frenchies in the team needs rebalancing what with the exit of first teamer Nasri last year and the fact of most of the other recent French imports have been on the bench if not gracing the reserves. :rolleyes:
    And no I am not forgetting we are getting another striker with a good track record in France.

BTW I expect Wenger to shell out for a new left back next year and a new top class striker in two years time.
    Meanwhile we make do.

Everytime I start thinking the old Arsene is back, another transfer cockup is on the cards. :mad:
    And even if he doesn't do the transfer deals himself he has to give some type of approval.

A bit late with the news there...
    Usanov is just posturing trying to show the fans how much better he is than stan.
    Lloris is the French international keeper. Would be harsh on Szczesny to be dropped but it'd be an upgrade nonetheless.

At the moment I don't see anything French as an upgrade, bar maybe Ribbery.

I am not allowed discuss …

Lol, very easy to say that when they're not actually interested in you.

For all RVP's loyalty and buying into the Arsenal, we've just seen the first time he was really tested in any way.

FFS, i'm still so anoyed about it. Why couldn't the twerp just show even the least bit of class and hand in a transfer request?

An unnanounced public statement on your personal website engineering a move away by saying you, the club captain, are off because the club can't win trophies.

FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK YYYYYYOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

Where has all the love gone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

jmayo wrote: »

Everytime I start thinking the old Arsene is back, another transfer cockup is on the cards. :mad:
    And even if he doesn't do the transfer deals himself he has to give some type of approval.

Wow, blaming AW for a transfer 'cockup' before we sign arguably one of Europe's top keepers (if it even materialises at all!).

Could only wish he had your transfer market knowledge and then maybe this club would be going somewhere! :rolleyes:

Do we need strengthening in other areas? Yes, of course. But who is to say that is not to come as well. Our intent in this transfer window has already been shown. Just a shame RVP had to go and piss all over the good work done so far this summer.

Where has all the love gone ?

To Theo Walcott most probably, unless he ****s off too that is.:D
    Some fans expect players to sign away their life when they come to this unique club, don't think they are in touch with reality.
    He gave us 8 years, regardless of injury.
    Why the **** would you begrudge him a move?
    He's got what? 3 or 4 years to win something, let him get it, we will move on.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Theo Walcott most probably, unless he ****s off too that is.:D

He's officially Arsenal's "Talismanic Forward" Theo Walcott now don't you know :D

danlen wrote: »
    Wow, blaming AW for a transfer 'cockup' before we sign arguably one of Europe's top keepers (if it even materialises at all!).

So great we strengthen an area where we have someone decent and may cause his development to go backwards.
    Why the fook didn't he strengthen that position 4 or 5 years ago when it was really needed ?
    Could only wish he had your transfer market knowledge and then maybe this club would be going somewhere! :rolleyes:

Ah but shure we should all have blind faith like yourself.
    I guess RVP has lost the blind faith and wants to get to fook out.
    Do we need strengthening in other areas? Yes, of course. But who is to say that is not to come as well.

Speaking of blind faith.
    Our intent in this transfer window has already been shown.

What intent ?
    Was it the intent to at least not wait until the last day of the transfer window ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Will Walcott reiterate his want to be a striker now that RvP is putting his coat on and going out the door?

Jmayo, Maybe Wenger reads the newspapers four years later:D
    He did say last season, "I don't understand supporters complaining"
    So maybe in 2015 he will buy a DMC lol

Some fans expect players to sign away their life when they come to this unique club, don't think they are in touch with reality.

Players are a commodity, to be bought and sold as the club see fit.

RVP does not owe Arsenal anything bar any personal loyalty he may have for the club, it's staff and it's fans.

He went about this whole thing in a classless backstabbing way - that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Really cannot see us splashing 16m on a new keeper, surely this is all hot air talk..?

Who put a gun to RVP, nasri, fabregas etc etc's head telling them to sign long term deals?
    A contract is a contract, your not forced to sign on the dotted line. if you are unsure if the club will meet your ambitions in the next 2 years, why the **** did u sign a long term deal(Fabregas)??

absolute bull**** these players are. Sign a 2 year deal if are planning to **** off out of arsenal

• Advertisement

Speaking of blind faith.

Are we calling anything that resembles optimism 'blind faith'?

Surely something like being linked with a £15m+ bid, for someone a lot of top European teams would be happy to have, is a positive thing? There were so many complaints about lack of activity this time last year, and now we are fussy enough to turn our noses up at the possibility of signing top players?

To me it seems that both AW and, to an extent, Gazidis are easy targets at the moment. No matter who AW decides to bring in it seems like he is getting some flak from somewhere.

What intent ?
    Was it the intent to at least not wait until the last day of the transfer window ?

You don't think that signing Podolski and Giroud for over £20m before the transfer window is even open is at the very least a sign of intent. What exactly are you expecting from us in the transfer market?

Speaking of blind faith.

Are we calling anything that resembles optimism 'blind faith'?

Surely something like being linked with a £15m+ bid, for someone a lot of top European teams would be happy to have, is a positive thing? There were so many complaints about lack of activity this time last year, and now we are fussy enough to turn our noses up at the possibility of signing top players?

To me it seems that both AW and, to an extent, Gazidis are easy targets at the moment. No matter who AW decides to bring in it seems like he is getting some flak from somewhere.

What intent ?

You don't think that signing Podolski and Giroud for over £20m before the transfer window is even open is at the very least a sign of intent. What exactly are you expecting from us in the transfer market?
    They are positive signings, but are being overshadowed by disastrous mismanagement by the board and Wenger.
    If RVP is feeling our ambitions are too low and he's not telling lies, who else in the squad will think the same.

They are positive signings, but are being overshadowed by disastrous mismanagement by the board and Wenger.
    If RVP is feeling our ambitions are too low and he's not telling lies, who else in the squad will think the same.

I'm guessing anyone that cold sign for city at 200k a week would have a problem with arsenals ambitions.

So far this summer, I reckon that our ambitions are as high as they could have been bar get usmanov in and enter a bidding war for hazard.

I'm guessing anyone that cold sign for city at 200k a week would have a problem with arsenals ambitions.

So far this summer, I reckon that our ambitions are as high as they could have been bar get usmanov in and enter a bidding war for hazard.
    Too late for Hazard, his a chelsea boy now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

You guys are in the same position as us (Liverpool).

I would love it if we could go out and offer the likes of RVP, Hazard, Silva, Yaya Toure £200k a week, but if we did, it wouldn't be long before we went the way of Portsmouth and go bankrupt. RVP can go on about ambition all he wants, but the simple fact of the matter is we have feckless clubs (City, Chelsea, PSG, etc.) who are all going out and spending unsustainable amounts of money on transfer fees and wages.

One day someone is going to pull the rug out from under City and Chelsea and their unsustainable setups. When that day comes, Arsenal and Liverpool will be back challenging for the title every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Advertisement

Tim stilmans column over on arseblog is a good read tonight

Can you just elaborate on this a bit more? What specifically are you calling disastrous? Not signing world class players? letting contracts run down to their final year? Some other reason not made clear?

We have to realise that as much as we go on about our healthy financial position, we cannot compete with City, Chelsea, Barca, Madrid for world class players. I am no different from any of the rest of us here who would have loved to have woke up one morning hearing that we signed Hazard or Hulk or Gotze or Higuain or whoever for £30 million odd. But let us be realistic, even if AW was prepared to do that, its never gonna happen. We are just not in a position to go for those players. Therefore we have to look at either players just below that very top bracket, or young players who may develop into world class players. Signing Podolski and Giroud, whilst being heavily linked with M'Vila and Lloris, are examples of this. So, certainly in regard to this coming season, I don't think that transfer policy can be used as a stick to beat AW with.

If we are talking about the RVP contract situation, to be fair, before this season we were unsure whether he would ever complete the majority of season without being crocked. To offer him a long term deal at any stage over the past 3-4 years would have been madness. Once he started showing what he could do this year, early discussions regarding a new deal began but it was decided to postpone these until the end of the season (from RVP's end afaik, but I am open to correction on that).

If the "disastrous mismanagement" the manager is guilty of is to do with something else, please explain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

RVP has just proven to me that he never deserved to wear the hallowed Number 10 jersey. That belonged to one man, one God, one of the greatest.....

WyLP2.jpg

You guys are in the same position as us (Liverpool).

I would love it if we could go out and offer the likes of RVP, Hazard, Silva, Yaya Toure £200k a week, but if we did, it wouldn't be long before we went the way of Portsmouth and go bankrupt. RVP can go on about ambition all he wants, but the simple fact of the matter is we have feckless clubs (City, Chelsea, PSG, etc.) who are all going out and spending unsustainable amounts of money on transfer fees and wages.

One day someone is going to pull the rug out from under City and Chelsea and their unsustainable setups. When that day comes, Arsenal and Liverpool will be back challenging for the title every year.

Sorry but no, we're not in the same position as Liverpool. If we were then Liverpool would be asking £10million + Carroll for Van Persie and we'd be glad of it.

If the rug does come out from other clubs United will be clear financial favorites (barring a more general/other than sports collapse) followed by Arsenal and then Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea a good way back. Liverpool have obviously turned things around massively in the last two years financially but after over a decade of mismanagement followed by corporate rape yet more bungling, this time in transfers, has set the club back financially after a chance at a fresh start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

What intent ?

Although I do agree with you about Lloris, what more would you like to see the club/manager/board do? Sign a completely new team. Prior to this announcement, which has apparently blindsided everyone, I don't see how we could have shown much more intent considering we are 6 days into the opening of the transfer window.

You are making one massive assumption there that van Perise is not telling lies. Look at the forum here. Most people wanted a stronger attack force and that is what they got. I think our defence, once fully fit, is probably one of the best in the premiership.

There are question marks over Gibbs/Santos but I think if Santos had managed to stay fit he would have dominated right back all season. (Most people here thought he had improved greatly and had yet more to come around the time of this injury).

I think that midfield is essentially sown up and apart from Bennayoun leaving I am happy that our midfield is solid.

With respect to the forwards, had van Persie stayed he would probably been have playing in the most offensive team in the premiership next season. I don't know why he left but I am confident that without him we will easily finish in the top four. It is a pity he left though because with him I think we could have done some serious damage this year both domestically and in the Champions league.

I think he has he own reasons for leaving and until he does we won't know what they are. This ambition excuse though sounds like the biggest load of BS I have ever heard from an Arsenal player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Thought some of you might enjoy the vid on this link :)

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/this-british-soccer-fans-shouty-rant-is-one-for-the-record-books/

Warning not completely safe for work!

Hilarious though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I was impressed by the letter written by major Shareholders of Arsenal "Red&White Securities, who own 30% of the club"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7870197/Arsenal-board-under-fire
    Usmanov and Moshiri believe Wenger's hands are being tied by the stance of the club's board and they fear the club's best players will continue to depart unless changes are made.

"It is down to our manager and not the shareholders to have to deal with the club's tight finances, carry the burden of repaying the stadium debt by selling his best players and having to continue to find cheaper replacements," the duo wrote.

"All of that, naturally, comes at the expense of performance on the pitch.

"This policy is leading to the loss of our best players, often to our main competitors, and even causes the players themselves to question their future at the club and the club's ambitions.

"The situation with our captain and outstanding performer from last season, Robin van Persie, sums this up.

Great manager

"Yet again we are faced with losing our true marquee player at the club because we cannot assure him of the future direction and give confidence that we can win trophies.

"Where are the safeguards to ensure that this doesn't happen again and again in the future?

"As a top club we should, at the very least, match if not beat the offers that other clubs make to try and lure our very best players away, and also provide a more compelling vision of the future.

"You can try and put a good face on a bad game for as long as you want, pontificating about the merits of this model, but it will not hide the obvious fact that it just does not allow our great manager to fully realise his managerial talent and deliver success for the fans who are paying the highest prices in the land."
    Red & White Securities

I know club Loyalty is a huge thing and ongoing discussion here, and I think it's shameful how some people are just having a go at RVP now because he's leaving.
    He was an amazing player for Arsenal, and gave them everything.
    Unfortunately ...he want's to WIN TROPHIES.
    He is coming up to the age of 29, and all he has to show for it is an FA Cup medal.
    At least Gerard has a Champions League medal, surely RVP will be up alongside him as one of the best players never to have won a Premier League medal

The sad fact is that Arsenal won't be in contention for the league next season, as much as I'd like them to be, you know it, I know it, and RVP knows it.
    Best of luck to him wherever he goes ...I doubt it's for the money

I'm a neutral btw (not an Arsenal / ManU / City / Liverpool ) fan , before you guess.

No Nigeria pre-season match. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18732474

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I was impressed by the letter written by major Shareholders of Arsenal "Red&White Securities, who own 30% of the club"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7870197/Arsenal-board-under-fire

I know club Loyalty is a huge thing and ongoing discussion here, and I think it's shameful how some people are just having a go at RVP now because he's leaving.
    He was an amazing player for Arsenal, and gave them everything.
    Unfortunately ...he want's to WIN TROPHIES.
    He is coming up to the age of 29, and all he has to show for it is an FA Cup medal.
    At least Gerard has a Champions League medal, surely RVP will be up alongside him as one of the best players never to have won a Premier League medal

The sad fact is that Arsenal won't be in contention for the league next season, as much as I'd like them to be, you know it, I know it, and RVP knows it.
    Best of luck to him wherever he goes ...I doubt it's for the money

I'm a neutral btw (not an Arsenal / ManU / City / Liverpool ) fan , before you guess.

You should read this thread more because if you have, you would have known that link and article you posted has been discussed to death already

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I think it's shameful how some people are just having a go at RVP now because he's leaving.

I think nearly everyone in their heart of hearts thought he would go, particularly when we spent 30 million on two new strikers. I don't begrudge him leaving and I don't think too many right-thinking Arsenal fans do but the nature of it is pretty galling - plainly manufacturing your exit from the club but not handing in a transfer request so you keep that bonus, all the while talking out the other side of your mouth about respect, loyalty, gratitude and other such notions.

RVP could have handed in a transfer request which would have achieved exactly the same results, but that would have lost him money.

He could have said much the same stuff about not renewing his contract and just wanting a new challenge when the current one ends but that would have left him open to staying another year. Just some plain speaking would have had a very different result.

What he did will achieve its aims (i.e. get out of Arsenal now) but he put those aims above showing respect for the club and the fans. Now maybe that's the way it goes, Rooney, Tevez guilty of similar moves in the recent past, but the flipside is that he can't expect to leave and be thought of in good terms.

He's a footballer, it's business to him and I understand that, but fans are emotional by nature so this is the only reponse he's going to get, not that that would worry him to much - there'll always be some group of people booing him, regardless of who he plays for.

I'm sure he's making the right decision for him and I probably would have done the same but I really hope that I would put respect for the club I'd spent nearly a decade at, and the fans that spent a lot of money to go and see my captain that club above an extra cash bonus. I mean, he'll be making a million a month pretty soon.

Stick a picture up of Bergkamp, say RVP never deserved to wear the number and the thanks flow like spunk.
    6 months ago the same ones were lauding him with praise saying he's the next Bergkamp.
    Only Arsenal fans.......:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Good news for you guys. Apparently Denilson has extended his loan at Soa Paulo for another season. :p

Stick a picture up of Bergkamp, say RVP never deserved to wear the number and the thanks flow like spunk.
    6 months ago the same ones were lauding him with praise saying he's the next Bergkamp.

He had it all with the fans and fcuked it back in there faces what do you expect?

I think your confusing this people are not pissed that he is going its the way he went about it

He had it all with the fans and fcuked it back in there faces what do you expect?

I think your confusing this people are not pissed that he is going its the way he went about it
    Lol he had it all?
    One fa cup medal?

I've heard it all now

Lol he had it all?
    One fa cup medal?

I've heard it all now

Been a god to fans I meant

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement