Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/van-persie-may-sign-new-arsenal-deal?state=5213d3a2ece949b69d96369dcfff903e

Doubt he will stay. hope he just ****s off. cant have a player like that talking **** about the club whether its true or not in what he says.

What he did was worse then Nasri. Nasri had jibs with the fans but always had respect for the club and manager in general. RVP took it to a whole new level. sell the ****er even if he wants to sign a new contract. damage has already been done IMO cant see no way back for him

I doubt Wenger would agree with you.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

RVP 11 wrote: »
    I doubt Wenger would agree with you.:pac:

Wenger got rid of Viera when he wanted to go at one point.

Viera himself said that on the eve of him going, Wenger called him up and literely said "pack ur bags ur off to juventus" And Viera at the time was happy at arsenal but because of his little antics in the previous season trying to manufacture a move to Juventus, Wenger got rid of him.

Meanwhile.....somewhere in France.......

urRms.jpg

robby^5 wrote: »
    zp_148179511SM015_Arsenal_Tra_copy_2130.jpg
    "Dat ass."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

batistuta9 wrote: »
    fixtures on TV....

August
    Stoke v Arsenal - Sun 26 1:30pm SKY

September
    Liverpool v Arsenal - Sun 2 1:30pm SKY
    Manchester City v Arsenal - Sun 23 4pm SKY
    Arsenal v Chelsea - Sat 29 12:45pm SKY

October
    West Ham v Arsenal - Sat 6 5:30pm ESPN
    Norwich v Arsenal - Sat 20 5:30pm ESPN

November
    Manchester United v Arsenal - Sat 3 12:45pm SKY
    Arsenal v Tottenham - Sat 17 12:45pm SKY
    Aston Villa v Arsenal - Sat 24 5:30pm ESPN

two more announced by Setanta today, both saturday's @ 3pm. These can be changed though by the PL so their not guaranteed

October 27 Arsenal v QPR
    November 10 Arsenal v Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

http://pic.twitter.com/wbTClDU8

Somebody take that off him before he hurts himself :)

More likely to drop it on Jack's foot and cost him another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Accordingly to Wikipedia his parents named him after their pet dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

JamieDalton is just after tweeting it looks like Adidas are to be our kit suppliers from 2013/2014 season. All we need now is for jvc to get back in the game and it's Retro Jerseys for all. Hopefully this marks the start of some new deals for the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Roddy23 wrote: »
    JamieDalton is just after tweeting it looks like Adidas are to be our kit suppliers from 2013/2014 season. All we need now is for jvc to get back in the game and it's Retro Jerseys for all. Hopefully this marks the start of some new deals for the club.
    Yesssss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Robin van Persie staying and Robin van Persie signing a new contract are two very different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Yesssss!!

we better get some good Adidas originals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sorry I haven't been on thread much lately. Every time I see Arsenal in a newspaper I feel depressed.
    We dead yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

This is an excellent article by @7amkickoff, if you have a few minutes it's def worth a read
    http://ow.ly/1Ofmzv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

This is an excellent article by @7amkickoff, if you have a few minutes it's def worth a read
    http://ow.ly/1Ofmzv

Great read altogether. If a little depressing...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Galvasean wrote: »
    Great read altogether. If a little depressing...

The most depressing thing is that the spending of City and Chelsea made me admire United.

But seriously, that article shows the club is on the right path IMO. Estimated 120 million to catch City this year, and then what do we need to spend next year when they strengthen again?

And Chelsea, they were going to be self sufficient by 2011 or something, no?

You can't compete with that - what the club is doing is correct.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

I still think Van Persie is staying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

None of them said they would finish off their career here, "Gunner for life" just means a fan of the club.

Meh. As I said, offer him a contract for the rest of his career on his current wages and he's run a mile in the opposite direction.

RE: That Adidas news. If true I'd be delighted, Adidas always have awesome jerseys.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Frisbee wrote: »
    Meh. As I said, offer him a contract for the rest of his career on his current wages and he's run a mile in the opposite direction.

RE: That Adidas news. If true I'd be delighted, Adidas always have awesome jerseys.

Will be interesting how much money they will make from this. Id say a big increase from the current nike deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

The new away kit for next season. :eek:
    gun__1342009032_purple_reign2.jpg

479307F_F_230.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I like it. Even if it does kinda remind me of bruiser bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What were Nike thinking when it came to this seasons kits and why on gods earth did Arsenal accept them, jesus wept.

Ah sure that's 60 quid that wont be spent on a jersey this year (or next) so its looking like my decking is one step closer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Nike are twats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭TheBa

Roddy23 wrote: »

It's probably been said here time and again, but all of our current deals are pretty crap, because they were paid up front when the stadium was being built.

So, really, we're taking in nothing from the main sponsorship slots for the last few years. Our Emirates deal has 2 years left too, so hopefully we'll get a good partner for the shirt sponsor then too.

We won't be far off United then. We already have the second biggest matchday income too :)

Song's take on the new away kit :pac:
    “I think the new design is really nice - I’m a guy who likes fashion and when I saw these colours, I was very happy. This kit is different to last season’s and I’m really excited to wear it. I might do something with my hair to match!”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-reveal-away-kit-for-2012/13-season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Looking at that video I just get the feeling we must have employed that marketing bimbo Siobhan from twentytwelve and put her in charge of everything!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J2-YExNR24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Doesn't say much, Cesc's take on his fashion sense (we're still allowed to mention Cesc yeah?!)
    A. "Alex Song. Disaster! Complete disaster! He thinks he's fashionable, he thinks he's changing the world but every time I see him I lose a bit of respect for Alex Song!"

http://www.socceram.com/story/0,21644,13871_6517865,00.html

Alex Song - "I might do something with my hair to match the new kit"

**** off Alex :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I like it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Reminds me way too much of ManU's away strip!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

hey lads will wilshere be fit for the start of the season or what? havent heard much about this recently

hey lads will wilshere be fit for the start of the season or what? havent heard much about this recently

Don't count on it.

Which season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So the Rennes manager has come out and said Arsenal pulled out of the M'Villa deal after everything had been agreed :mad:, if true the club will have to come out and state why enough of the silence on everything show the fans some respect and tell them whats going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

IT was over whatever m'villa did at the euro's. Feck'in eejit. Hope they buy someone instead of doing sfa. Man i think back to them seriously going for hamman from newc and alonso from pool and once they got rebuffed they bought noone.

Guardian article with grimandi talking about giroud and RVP. Our worst fears could be realised, giroud was bought as a fall back in case RVP left.

So the Rennes manager has come out and said Arsenal pulled out of the M'Villa deal after everything had been agreed :mad:, if true the club will have to come out and state why enough of the silence on everything show the fans some respect and tell them whats going on.

Wenger didn't like his antics at the Euros, be they right or wrong.
    He also has been arrested 3 times over the past 2 years.

Wenger didn't like his antics at the Euros, be they right or wrong.
    He also has been arrested 3 times over the past 2 years.

I know about them but me personally I believe that hes a young player very talented and once he done it on the pitch I couldnt care less about his personal life. Its just dissappointing to see another Arsenal transfer fall to pieces while were also watching the RVP saga drag on feels like were starting to fall back into a deja vu of last summer to a certain extent.

I know weve already signed two players but still its back to depressing stories regarding Arsenal everywhere you look ive been avoiding the sports pages for a couple of weeks now, we need some positivety :D.

I know about them but me personally I believe that hes a young player very talented and once he done it on the pitch I couldnt care less about his personal life. Its just dissappointing to see another Arsenal transfer fall to pieces while were also watching the RVP saga drag on feels like were starting to fall back into a deja vu of last summer to a certain extent.

I know weve already signed two players but still its back to depressing stories regarding Arsenal everywhere you look ive been avoiding the sports pages for a couple of weks now, we need some positivety :D.

if you ask me, Wenger should've bought a DM first anyway.I don't care what he has done as long as he can play, but Wenger obviously feels we don't need him.
    Hope we don't get midfield injuries or it could come back to haunt him

• Advertisement

If we dont sign someone we're going to start the season a bit short in midfield. Unless he reverts to 4-4-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

There was talk of getting Etienne Capoue from Tolouse, a cheaper version of M'Vila. Which probably means not as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Strikers were what we needed and thats what we got. A DM and LB/CB were always further down the list of priorites.

Shame about M'Vila but its not like Song is a crap alternative.

song's a liability, an accident waiting to happen.

All his 'hollywood' balls don't make up for that fact + the amount of times he tries them & they don't come off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

keano_afc wrote: »
    If we dont sign someone we're going to start the season a bit short in midfield. Unless he reverts to 4-4-2.

Really? Unless someone is injured that I don't know about, I wouldn't have thought so:

Available:
    Arteta
    Song
    Ramsey
    Coquelin
    Yennaris
    Oxlade-Chamberlain (?)

Injured:
    Rosicky
    Wilshere
    Frimpong

Ok it isn't Chamberlain's natural position but he could possibly play there for a few games. I know no one wants to say it, but we could still potentially have Arshavin there as well and since it is a position he always wanted to play, it could be interesting to see what he could do.

Given that the 3 injured could potentially be back before the end of the year as well, I don't think we should sign any more midfielders until we get rid of Arshavin at least or put a few out on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

All his 'hollywood' balls don't make up for that fact + the amount of times he tries them & they don't come off

Totally disagree. I think the only problem with regards Song is that he is being told to push on and go forward. If he were told to play just in front of the defence, we would probably have one of the best defences in the league.

• Advertisement

where are you getting that from?

Rennes chairman quoted link to story & quote
    "He is ready to leave. For the time being, there have been a few expressions of interest, but no concrete offers that would be sufficient for M'Vila to leave.

The transfer window has only just started, so we will wait for the offers to arrive. He has real value, even if he had an average European Championship."

linked to negredo along with l'pool £20mil link

also think that's a bad statement from Grimandi

Couldnt agree more that and his frequent ability to be caught way out of position. I like Song but hes not a proper dm we need.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Really? Unless someone is injured that I don't know about, I wouldn't have thought so:

Available:
    Arteta
    Song
    Ramsey
    Coquelin
    Yennaris
    Oxlade-Chamberlain (?)

Injured:
    Rosicky
    Wilshere
    Frimpong

Ok it isn't Chamberlain's natural position but he could possibly play there for a few games. I know no one wants to say it, but we could still potentially have Arshavin there as well and since it is a position he always wanted to play, it could be interesting to see what he could do.

Given that the 3 injured could potentially be back before the end of the year as well, I don't think we should sign any more midfielders until we get rid of Arshavin at least or put a few out on loan.

The AM role is actually Chamberlains favourite position he stated it himself and Wenger has said he eventually does see him playing that role whether or not hes ready to play there yet on a regular basis is another thing.

where are you getting that from?

Rennes chairman quoted link to story & quote

linked to negredo along with l'pool £20mil link

also think that's a bad statement from Grimandi

Sorry it was all over twitter earlier I know twitter can be full of rubbish but they were quoting the manager as saying it.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Totally disagree. I think the only problem with regards Song is that he is being told to push on and go forward. If he were told to play just in front of the defence, we would probably have one of the best defences in the league.

I think that is a misconception that he's being told to push on, he'd be told to get forward when he can , the same with the CB's

but that's just what he does to often, what vermaelen does too at times & none of them have the cop to sit there when most of the team are high up the pitch. that's why arsenal are caught with too many players out of position a lot of the time, none of them have the cop on to sit there

Song's a decent player but if he keeps going the way he is, he'll never be much better - a jack of all trades & master of none

Sorry it was all over twitter earlier I know twitter can be full of rubbish but they were quoting the manager as saying it.

i seen it there on a dutch website here but with google translate it's hard to know exactly, it comes up as "According Antonetti manager of Rennes, the transfer was nearly round, but the bad behavior of the player ultimately deciding factors."

nearly round? nearly agreed/completed/done/finished

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement