Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Man. Looking at the teams suggested, our turnover of players is so high. I hope the likes of wilshere and ox stick around for a long time to get some sort of solid consistent core, as wenger has envisaged with the youth project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Twitter is pretty much ****e talk on an epic scale.

99% of it is bull

(trying to find that 1% is mighty craic though) :D

Case in point Waleed Abu Nada a tweeter ( i think that whats you call them it :o) who has over nine thousand followers and writes a lot of good stuff in fairness to him about Arsenal and European football in general and writes it in a very good way revealed today hes actually 14 in an article he wrote about aspiring sports journalists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

TheBa wrote: »
    It's probably been said here time and again, but all of our current deals are pretty crap, because they were paid up front when the stadium was being built.

So, really, we're taking in nothing from the main sponsorship slots for the last few years. Our Emirates deal has 2 years left too, so hopefully we'll get a good partner for the shirt sponsor then too.

We won't be far off United then. We already have the second biggest matchday income too :)

How much would we have to spend each summer if Usmanov paid off the debt and re-negotiated our commercial deals like he says he would?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

How much would we have to spend each summer if Usmanov paid off the debt and re-negotiated our commercial deals like he says he would?

15 million extra per year.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

heh, looks like the Adebayor fee to Spurs is in the ball park of 6 to 8 million, with City still paying some of his wages. If we had any sell on clauses they won't have been much use.

Should be quoting City £40m for van Persie to compensate when they come calling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I think RvP will be with ye another year at least. I think he might sign another contract before the summer is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

6m-8m for Ade is a pretty good price for the Spuds,

Getting a wee bit bord with the RVP thing. Wish ta christ we'd sell him and move on already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Arsenal 1 up Lansbury scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

here is the goal...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLME1FJfYtI&list=UUxvXjfiIHQ2O6saVx_ZFqnw&index=1&feature=plcp

ye didn't bring Theo or Ox back to St Mary's...why?

here is the goal...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLME1FJfYtI&list=UUxvXjfiIHQ2O6saVx_ZFqnw&index=1&feature=plcp

ye didn't bring Theo or Ox back to St Mary's...why?

They not back training till Monday, ox is there watching

• Advertisement

Lansbury goal, it may be nothing special but hey footballs back :D.

Edit: beaten to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1xYUMILAZg&feature=youtu.be"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1xYUMILAZg&feature=youtu.be

I was going to ask what happens if it goes to a 3 way shoot out, but then ye come back & equalise. Saints 1 - Arsenal 1

here is the arsenal goal...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh5tlpWVxNA&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

First trophy of the year, now can we stop this 7 years without a trophy lark :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »

I think Gerv will have a very good season for us. It's the end product he was lacking last year. He seems to be a confident type.

greendom wrote: »

I think Gerv will have a very good season for us. It's the end product he was lacking last year. He seems to be a confident type.

Hopefully he does what kos does last year and really steps up, but he will prob be off to the ACN as well

First trophy of the year, now can we stop this 7 years without a trophy lark :)

Congrats to the Gooners...

Anyone know the lineout today?

Against Southampton Arsenal: Mannone, Meade, Santos, Eastmond, Lansbury, Ebecilio, Djourou (c), Coquelin, Gervinho, Aneke, Bartley.

Think Olsson came on for Lansbury

Against Anderlecht: Martinez, Boateng, Miquel, Yennaris, Watt, Eastmond, Eisfeld, Lansbury, Jenkinson, Gibbs (c), Chamakh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

One down, 4 to go. Its our year boys.

• Advertisement

Gervinho reminding us all of his awesomeness right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

ganso link in the papers & not just twitter, though that could be where they've got it from :pac:
    link
    he has said he want's to leave, but the club want the buyout clause met - £45mil i think
    Arsenal in the hunt for Santos star Ganso after missing out on Oscar
    By SAMI MOKBEL
    PUBLISHED: 07:52 GMT, 14 July 2012 | UPDATED: 10:46 GMT, 14 July 2012
    Comments (25)

Arsenal are emerging as serious contenders for highly-rated Santos attacking midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso.
    Ganso's representatives have been made aware of the Gunners' interest and are awaiting the North Londoners' next move.
    Manager Arsene Wenger wants to sign a new attacking midfielder this summer as he looks to give his side a fresh dimension in the attacking third and Ganso features prominently on the Frenchman's list.

Sportsmail has learned the Gunners were interested in signing Chelsea-bound Oscar - but Wenger is now primed to turn his attentions to 22-year-old Ganso.
    The Brazillian - who has eight international caps - is one of the hottest prospects in world football and has been linked with AC Milan, Chelsea and Tottenham.

Afobe supposedly off to Birmingham on loan link

Miquel possibly on loan to brighton, though barca want him back might bid 300k link

Arsenal hoping RVP "does a rooney", if not he'll be sold immediately link

ticket price changes link
    Arsenal's most expensive Premier League ticket for 2012-13 to cost £126
    • Average price for 'A' category games rises to £62
    • Cheapest tickets for 'C' games drops to £25.50

guardian.co.uk, Saturday 14 July 2012 01.12 BST

The most expensive ticket at Arsenal next season will be £126, the club have announced.

Ticket prices for "A" category games, of which there are two before the end of the year against Chelsea and Tottenham, will be on average £62, an increase of 23%.

However, the top price of £126 will apply to around only 1% of available tickets in the "A" band.

The regrading of games into "A", "B" and "C" categories will create approximately 90,000 lower-priced tickets for non season-ticket holders during the season.

Prices in the "C" band will be on average 28% lower than last season's equivalents with tickets against Sunderland on 18 August down to £25.50 compared to £35 last term.

The lowest priced matchday ticket for next season will be £25.50.

"We constantly aim to strike the right balance between offering tickets at affordable prices, while ensuring we have sufficient income to reinvest in the squad," said the Arsenal chief executive, Ivan Gazidis.

barca considering bid for Koscielny link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Barca can piss off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Did not check Miquel's DNA before we bought him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Gah not another round of proffesor Xavi and the barca chromosome again.

batistuta9 wrote: »

They can fcuk off, id rather loose Van persie every day of week over Kos, weve always managed to replace our attacking options anytime someones left. But top class CB's are few and far between.

They can fcuk off, id rather loose Van persie every day of week over Kos, weve always managed to replace our attacking options anytime someones left. But top class CB's are few and far between.

their supposed to be interested in vermaelen too from a while back, but koscielny seems to be their choice now.

miguel as well

realistically if their serious, a very team to turn down

Anyone know whether @UsmanovOfitsial is an official twitter account. He claims that M'Vila is a done deal

ganso link in the papers & not just twitter, though that could be where they've got it from :pac:
    link
    he has said he want's to leave, but the club want the buyout clause met - £45mil i think

Afobe supposedly off to Birmingham on loan link

Miquel possibly on loan to brighton, though barca want him back might bid 300k link

Arsenal hoping RVP "does a rooney", if not he'll be sold immediately link

ticket price changes link

Can anyone really see Arsenal paying 40 million for a player? I can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Can anyone really see Arsenal paying 40 million for a player? I can't.

No chance whatsoever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Anyone hear anything on affellay, heard it on the arseblog forum and it makes sense as he's good friends with RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

I've heard Affellay is available for ~€6m. He'd suit us perfectly seeing as he's crocked so often.

Anyone fancy a cheeky punt on Berbatov if/when we lose RVP? Apparently available for £5m according to the man himself; I think he'd be a pretty solid option to have along with Giroud.

Walcott to Liverpool rumours picking up alot of steam

Walcott to Liverpool rumours picking up alot of steam

If Liverpool want to pay Liverpool-esque prices for him then I'm all for it; I'd gladly take ~£15-20m off them and reinvest it in Affellay and maybe nick Mertens off them.

But I don't want him gone on the cheap, for all his critics Theo's stats are pretty solid for a guy in his position for the last 2 yrs.

10/11 9 - 7 [League]
    11/12 8 - 11 [League]

Compare to wunderkid Gareth Bale [below] that Sky jizz their pants over and tbh he's probably worth keeping.

10/11 7 - 1 [League]
    11/12 9 - 10 [League]

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

cson wrote: »
    If Liverpool want to pay Liverpool-esque prices for him then I'm all for it; I'd gladly take ~£15-20m off them and reinvest it in Affellay and maybe nick Mertens off them.

But I don't want him gone on the cheap, for all his critics Theo's stats are pretty solid for a guy in his position for the last 2 yrs.

10/11 9 - 7 [League]
    11/12 8 - 11 [League]

Compare to wunderkid Gareth Bale [below] that Sky jizz their pants over and tbh he's probably worth keeping.

10/11 7 - 1 [League]
    11/12 9 - 10 [League]
    Compare him to most well-thought after wingers like Johnson and Lennon and he usually comes out pretty well.

We need to keep him. Funny to see Liverpool fans turning their noses up at him; I wonder how many were happy with Carroll being signed last year.

• Advertisement

10/11 9 - 7 [League]
    11/12 8 - 11 [League]

10/11 7 - 1 [League]
    11/12 9 - 10 [League]
    Compare him to most well-thought after wingers like Johnson and Lennon and he usually comes out pretty well.

We need to keep him. Funny to see Liverpool fans turning their noses up at him; I wonder how many were happy with Carroll being signed last year.

Id like us too keep him too but not break the bank for him if he keeps holding out then sell him

Arseblog makes good points this morning one been maybe he is looking at the ox thinking he will get less playing time this year and just wants out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

No chance whatsoever

i've got a better chance of winning the lottery then arsenal spending 40m on a single player

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Frimpong is in trouble over Twitter apparently: http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7903641/Anyone-Think-Frimpong-Should-Stay-Off-Twitter-
    After posting a message on Sunday morning on his official Twitter account which read "if you going church today Pray For me Giving today A Miss", the Gunners midfielder retweeted a response from one Tottenham fan which read: "I prayed you break your arms and legs", to which Frimpong replied "@ Scum Yid".

The post was swiftly removed by Frimpong, but soon sparked great debate on the social network site among supporters from both Arsenal and Tottenham.

One was retweeted by Frimpong on Sunday night, which read: "You can't go around wanting players to break limbs, no matter who you play for. embarrassed to be a yid right now!"

The FA are aware of the matter, but were this evening making no official comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Mickeroo wrote: »

I find it weird that Spurs call themselves yids, I find it a bit unsettling, but I presume he was referring to them in that context. I wouldn't do it myself, and I'd hope he'd learn a lesson from it that you can't say what you want without a filter if you are a public figure.

This whole racist brouhaha is really bringing home the notion that the image of footballers as a bit thick is quite accurate for a lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Robin van Persie returns to Arsenal on Monday following his summer break and Sky Sports understands he will hold talks with the club.

However, there is no indication that Van Persie's stance over a new contract has changed - as he awaits further developments on his future.

Juventus, Manchester City and Manchester United all maintain an interest in landing the coveted signature of the Dutchman - who has a year left on his current deal.
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7903978/Van-Persie-returns

i still think he's going to end up not going anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The usually reliable Ben Smith of the BBC(formerly The Times) says Liverpool are interested in Theo Walcott but nothing concrete yet.
    I think his wage demands are unrealistic for both clubs.

Unless Walcott gets more money at Liverpool, that move makes absolutely no sense for him; with the greatest respect to Liverpool its a step down as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Unless Walcott gets more money at Liverpool, that move makes absolutely no sense for him; with the greatest respect to Liverpool its a step down as things stand.
    I'm a Liverpool fan and understand and probably agree with what you are saying.
    I think if he were to move there it would be for money but Liverpool seem to be trying to be more prudent this summer so the move doesnt make sense.
    I think he will end up signing a new contract at Arsenal

amiable wrote: »
    I'm a Liverpool fan and understand and probably agree with what you are saying.
    I think if he were to move there it would be for money but Liverpool seem to be trying to be more prudent this summer so the move doesnt make sense.
    I think he will end up signing a new contract at Arsenal

That's kind of what I'm getting at; when it comes to transfer budget and wages we're pretty much in the same echelon so taking into account the fact we're in the CL plus have a more settled team [RVP business excluded] as Rogers has a little bit of a rebuilding project to do, I'd be amazed if he signed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

Can only see him going if he knows he'll get some increase in wage and a commitment that he'll be first choice alongside Suarez and Borini. Liverpool are a side that could badly do with his pace too

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I find it weird that Spurs call themselves yids, I find it a bit unsettling, but I presume he was referring to them in that context. I wouldn't do it myself, and I'd hope he'd learn a lesson from it that you can't say what you want without a filter if you are a public figure.

This whole racist brouhaha is really bringing home the notion that the image of footballers as a bit thick is quite accurate for a lot of them.

just like arsenal fans referring to themselves as gooners
    their taking something that was said in a negative/degrading manner and using it for themselves.

john terry saying "please please please please" is the funniest thing i've read/seen in ages :pac:

arsenal to make offer worth up to £6mil for Niang after city wanting to take him on pre-season link

Holtby a possible replacement for walcott link

united join race for that 13 year old from Birmingham link

Lucas Biglia, who was linked a while back supposedly played v.well on saturday in front of wenger link

AxgYD-WCQAAMAiY.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

just like arsenal fans referring to themselves as gooners
    their taking something that was said in a negative/degrading manner and using it for themselves.

john terry saying "please please please please" is the funniest thing i've read/seen in ages :pac:

Well, sort of. I can see the reasoning behind taking a derogatory name and owning it, but yids is popularly about jews, not about football fans. It's not on the same level, but a closer parallel would be a primarily spanish owned team say, where the fans call themselves the spics. Whether the fans call themselves that or not, you simply can't refer to them publicly as spics if you are speaking badly about them. Well, you can, but it won't end well.

Gooners isn't really in the same league as far as universal offensiveness goes, so taking it isn't really the same issue. You're not going to get the Gooner Defamation League on your case.

John Terry never fails to impress.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement