Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I'd say ye'll sign him. Type of player Wenger likes.

Deals rarely happen straight away, has to be a bit of negotiation ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Samich wrote: »
    I'd say ye'll sign him. Type of player Wenger likes.

Deals rarely happen straight away, has to be a bit of negotiation ;)

it's supposedly agreed with santi :D just malaga don't really want to sell,

well there saying they don't, if they don't sort out the money problems they may have no choice. Also can't really think he'd be happy to stay there after not being paid by them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

"We are not close to signing Cazorla. We are still working that out," Wenger told reporters immediately after the match in the capital Kuala Lumpur.

At least he didn't outright deny it. Going by that for Wengers standards he's in the bag!

[edit] I'm actually not sure if he said it like that now. Only source seems to be here which is a bit dodgy http://sg.news.yahoo.com/football-arsenals-wenger-denies-cazorla-move-175840838--sow.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Apparently now we've agreed personal terms with Cazorla AND a fee of 16m with Malaga. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE.

Linky

16m, that is more pricely than I thought it'd be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Apparently now we've agreed personal terms with Cazorla AND a fee of 16m with Malaga. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE.

Linky

Wouldn't believe anything out of that rag.

anything under €20m is a good price for Cazorla IMO.

16m, that is more pricely than I thought it'd be.

why is there a chinese flag in your sig, is kagawa supposed to be kicking it away or something?

more money to be spent :D
    Wenger Confirms More Transfers Will Take Place
    Arsene Wenger says that more transfers will take place at Arsenal this summer
    By VANESSA KELLER: Subscribe to Vanessa's RSS feed
    July 25, 2012 9:16 AM GMT
    Arsene Wenger has revealed that he expects Arsenal to make more transfers in the summer, with the Frenchman insisting that the squad is not yet complete.

The summer transfer window is now about to enter into it's final month, and with contract talks still taking place with big names Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott, the Gunners could be without a striker and winger before deadline day.

Walcott yesterday said that he is still committed to Arsenal, while van Persie hasn't travelled with the squad to Asia for their pre-season tour, as the club look at bids from the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus for the star.

And while Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud have already been signed by the club, Wenger says that more transfers will take place before August 31st.

Follow us

"We are not at the end of it [transfers]," he told Arsenal media at a press conference in Beijing. "We will still bring players in."

Meanwhile, Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis believes that the pre-season tour has so far been a successful one, and that the club will happily commit to travelling to Asia again in the future.

Arsene Wenger says Arsenal aren't yet finished in this transfer window.
    "We have a commitment to this region and a commitment to China," he said. "We will come here again in the future."

For Arsenal, the desperation to not repeat the mistakes of last year's transfer scramble on deadline day is ever-present, as Wenger said to Hong Kong Time Out at the start of the Far East tour.

"Last year was terrible for us to be completely honest, because we finished on August 31 at 11.55pm and we certainly do not want to repeat that," he explained in the interview.

"We have already completed a key transfer in signing Podolski and of course we want to make any other signings early if possible. But, as well, we want to focus on the second part of our 'signings', which will be to take care of the players who are injured and to get them back for the start of next season."

But Wenger clearly is hoping to bring fresh faces into the squad should he lose some his best assets over the next month.

link http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/366559/20120725/arsenal-transfer-arsene-wenger-van-persie-walcott.htm

and before people say anything negative, that article been written on the back of - it seems - what appeared on arsenals official twitter account https://twitter.com/arsenal/ it was said at the press conference in Beijing, tweet was 2 hours ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Rosicky out for 6-8 weeks with his achilles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Rosicky out for 6-8 weeks with his achilles.

And so it begins.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Getting close to the kick off of the new season now!

All excited here :D

6 t 8 weeks for a 32 year old with an achilles injury, I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

6 t 8 weeks for a 32 year old with an achilles injury, I'll believe it when I see it.

Welp, Arsene said he wasn't replacing postions who were going to be fit. I guess Rosicky is now replacement territory.

I thought he was one of the highlights last season.

cson wrote: »
    All I'm seeing off that is that Modric, Cazorla and Banega are all similar players. Got success rates for that graphic?

Yep

396963_10151059969714127_510676682_n.jpg

batistuta9 wrote: »
    why is there a chinese flag in your sig, is kagawa supposed to be kicking it away or something?

It's a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It's a joke.

So you're probably not really in Yemen either then??

gosplan wrote: »
    So you're probably not really in Yemen either then??

No I am in Yemen. And Kagawa does have agility like a fox :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jamie Dalton seems to think that Miquel and Lansbury are on their way out as they haven't been assigned squad numbers as of yet. I'd imagine the former on loan and the latter permanently. Which is a shame because I always thought Lansbury had something about him after watching him help Norwich to promotion 2 years ago.

This website http://www.arsenalreport.com/transfercentre/ seems to think we only paid £9.6m for Giroud which is interesting. Also noted on that are the departures of Ozyakup, which is surprising as I was under the impression he was highly thought of, and Botelho who is yet another Brazilan we've expended significant time and effort on with no return.

Almunia has joined Watford, Sczcsney will be taking the #1 shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Jamie Dalton seems to think that Miquel and Lansbury are on their way out as they haven't been assigned squad numbers as of yet. I'd imagine the former on loan and the latter permanently. Which is a shame because I always thought Lansbury had something about him after watching him help Norwich to promotion 2 years ago.

This website http://www.arsenalreport.com/transfercentre/ seems to think we only paid £9.6m for Giroud which is interesting. Also noted on that are the departures of Ozyakup, which is surprising as I was under the impression he was highly thought of, and Botelho who is yet another Brazilan we've expended significant time and effort on with no return.

Still disappointed bout ozzy he could have been very good under wenger I think

According to a reliable twitter source the santi deal is very close just the finer details to iron out

• Advertisement

AFCAMDEN that's your man, even jamie dalton who people are quoting here believes him

That 9.6 for Giroud is only the initial fee. I'd imagine there's more in additional clauses etc. Interesting to see we haven't really brought in much from player sales yet this term. Usually we try to break even so I'd imagine RvP will cover Giroud and Pod.

According to a reliable twitter source the santi deal is very close just the finer details to iron out

I'd well believe it as it's the very same guy who first linked us with him a number of weeks ago.

The source is @AFCAMDEN if anybody wants to follow.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thought I heard a rumour that Barca were sniffing around Miguel. This makes me suspicious, we should offer him a new deal, I think Barca are trying to pull a sly one like they did on United with Pique!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Yeah, he certainly seems to have some connections with the club - often sells signed stuff from the players/ gear theyve worn etc

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thought I heard a rumour that Barca were sniffing around Miguel. This makes me suspicious, we should offer him a new deal, I think Barca are trying to pull a sly one like they did on United with Pique!

He's probably better suited to La Liga tbh, probably just that little bit too slow and too slight physically for the EPL.

He does look like a player though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

He's probably better suited to La Liga tbh, probably just that little bit too slow and too slight physically for the EPL.

He does look like a player though.

Yeah but he's only like 18/19 or something. It's easy to make him more physical. Plus he's currently our 5th choice CB and 4th/5th choice LB. I think recent experience would tell us that it's much better to have someone young with something to prove coming on when it's backs to the wall rather than an older player who's Arsenal career is failing like Squillaci or Silvestre ... or perhaps even Djourou at this stage.

Also Carzola in Malaga at the moment with his agent so at least something is going on.

podolski hasn't got one yet either, must be waiting on the RVP situation to be sorted out first to see if he can get #10 or not

the good news is park's still got the cursed #9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Jamie Dalton likes to pretend he knows loads about what's going on, when really he hasn't a fucking clue.

He regurgitates that many rumours he's bound to get one or two right eventually. It's buckshot reporting. Otherwise known as Guillem Balague reporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No updates regarding Cazorla today at all. The rumours seem to be dying just like they did with Mata, Remy, M'vila etc etc. Paper won't refuse ink.

I'm in the " I'll believe it when I see it" camp now.

• Advertisement

No updates regarding Cazorla today at all. The rumours seem to be dying just like they did with Mata, Remy, M'vila etc etc. Paper won't refuse ink.

there's a new enough story saying that Cazorla has distanced himself from a move because he updated his twitter account

it says he plays for malaga & the spain NT then the updated part is I AM VERY HAPPY TO BE WITH THESE GREAT TEAMS!

here's the story http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/07/26/santi-cazorla-distances-himself-from-arsenal-move/

i looked at twitter & it does say that but there's nothing to say it's an official account

also Arteta & Wenger have recently said that he's a great player. here http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arteta-hails-unbelieveable-cazorla-072900200--sow.html

there's a new enough story saying that Cazorla has distanced himself from a move because he updated his twitter account

it says he plays for malaga & the spain NT then the updated part is I AM VERY HAPPY TO BE WITH THESE GREAT TEAMS!

here's the story http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/07/26/santi-cazorla-distances-himself-from-arsenal-move/

i looked at twitter & it does say that but there's nothing to say it's an official account

also Arteta & Wenger have recently said that he's a great player. here http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arteta-hails-unbelieveable-cazorla-072900200--sow.html

He also had did agent with him at training yesterday, def something up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

P Hilly flapping his gums again, about RVP, giving out that he doesn't understand RVP. Hill should keep his mouth shut sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I wouldn't believe anything off Caughtoffside.

And seemingly the Account is Fake.... Not like a player to only have 24,000 thousand followers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

P Hilly flapping his gums again, about RVP, giving out that he doesn't understand RVP. Hill should keep his mouth shut sometimes.

He should keep his mouth shut all the time and f*ck off while he is doing it.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Jamie Dalton likes to pretend he knows loads about what's going on, when really he hasn't a fucking clue.

He regurgitates that many rumours he's bound to get one or two right eventually. It's buckshot reporting. Otherwise known as Guillem Balague reporting.

Disagree. I don't think he thinks he's 'In The Know'. He just likes to gossip and share transfer rumours just like any of us. Nothing wrong with that at all!

Frisbee wrote: »

I wouldn't quite put him in the same ITK bull**** echelon as Guillem Ballbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Szczesny has gotten the No. 1 jersey, he had the No. 13 jersey for the past 2 season iirc

Also just got an email offering me a season ticket, shortest 8 years wait I've ever had :D

Szczesny has gotten the No. 1 jersey, he had the No. 13 jersey for the past 2 season iirc

Also just got an email offering me a season ticket, shortest 8 years wait I've ever had :D

someone else on here got offered one too, who's says the recession/lack of trophies is all bad :D

do you have to pay to go on the waiting list or what's the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

someone else on here got offered one too, who's says the recession/lack of trophies is all bad :D

do you have to pay to go on the waiting list or what's the story?

£15 to get on the waiting list, ~£1200 to buy one. I was offered one, but they can keep it for now!

L'prof wrote: »
    £15 to get on the waiting list, ~£1200 to buy one. I was offered one, but they can keep it for now!

£15 a season or just once off?

& do you apply on the website or what way does it work?

you'd need to be living in london really wouldn't you, or else have a load of dosh :pac: though sharing with 3/4/5 people over here could work i suppose

£15 a season or just once off?

& do you apply on the website or what way does it work?

you'd need to be living in london really wouldn't you, or else have a load of dosh :pac: though sharing with 3/4/5 people over here could work i suppose

£15 once off fee through the membership website. I said I'd apply and see if it was feasible whenever I got called up. It took 7 years, but I'm living in Galway and about to go travelling, so it was never a goer!

what happens now do you know, would you just go to the back of the queue again?

what happens now do you know, would you just go to the back of the queue again?

No idea to be honest, probably though!

L'prof wrote: »
    No idea to be honest, probably though!

right, could you let me know when you find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Allen and cleverly starting ahead of Ramsey for Great Britain.

Apparently barca were on to kos' agent but he wanted to stay at arsenal. Good man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Kos'd suit Barca too. Great player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

G.K. wrote: »
    Kos'd suit Barca too. Great player.

Best bit of business at the club this summer getting him signing a long term contract.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Saw this quote from Peter Hill-Wood on F365 relating to RVP.
    "He is a world-class player and we don't want to give him away," said the Arsenal chairman.

"If he is determined to leave that is up to him, but giving him away is not on our agenda. To be honest I do not understand him at all. I understood Cesc Fabregas wanting to go home to Barcelona last summer. I had sympathy with that.

"But I thought Robin was happy at Arsenal, especially after the season he had with us."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement