Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

He always does well against us too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Here's a video of Cazorla vs Cologne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXs9Ifyb3io

1:32 is my favourite.
    Can't wait for him and Arteta in the same squad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Did rvp play?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Did rvp play?

He played 20 minutes, replacing Podolski. Wasn't exactly eventful, was booed by away fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2oQE4Sf_nM
    Throwing his shirt into the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think yennaris should start right back, other than that I would pick that team myself
    The ox and podolski unlucky to miss out

RVP will be in there instead of Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Snakeblood wrote: »
    was booed by away fans.

good. RVP can pee off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Kirby wrote: »
    Very impressive showing. However it is worth keeping in mind that they are the german equivalent of Wolves so.....perspective.

True but didnt we only draw with Wolves last season!? When has the quality of the opposition stopped us from being very poor in the past. Encouraging signs yesterday althought very early days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

gosplan wrote: »
    I think yennaris should start right back, other than that I would pick that team myself
    The ox and podolski unlucky to miss out

RVP will be in there instead of Giroud.

From the look of his fitness levels yesterday it would be bench for me

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Apparently Barca made a 15 million bid for song? What is it about clubs trying to get our players on the cheap? Not that I'm convinced it's 100% true that is!

Still though, I think he's worth at least 5 - 10 million more than Jack Bloody Rodwell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Apparently Barca made a 15 million bid for song? What is it about clubs trying to get our players on the cheap? Not that I'm convinced it's 100% true that is!

Still though, I think he's worth at least 5 - 10 million more than Jack Bloody Rodwell.

heard they're going to bid around 11mil can't mind if £ or €
    a lot of talk of tello coming to arsenal from them too as part of the deal

and a swap deal with milan, mexes for bendtner

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »

heard they're going to bid around 11mil can't mind if £ or €
    a lot of talk of tello coming to arsenal from them too as part of the deal

and a swap deal with milan, mexes for bendtner

As much as bendy boots have to go mexes can stay where he is

From the look of his fitness levels yesterday it would be bench for me

Yeah but he had the armband and by the end of the game, it had turned into a jog around for everyone.

Between the armband, the reluctance to sell for the prices currently being mentioned, the apparant great showing in training, and the fact that he's off on international duty, you'd think that unless we hear something major today or tomorrow that RVP will start the season with us.

And aside from being our best player. not starting him in the first game would be terrible from the point of view of getting the best price.

mexes can stay where he is

Just like a squillaci upgrade really.

Wouldn't be fond of the move though. He'll never get decent gametime and the chances of him making an impact in the few occasions we'll need him are remote if he doesn't get a chance to get used to the premiership.

I've always reckoned that you need young CB's with a future ahead of them and something to prove as your 3rd/4th choice. They'd be looking to take the chance with both hands as opposed to just not mess up too much till they're back on the bench.

You could just see Mexes coming on in a tight game against a mediocre team and making a huge blunder or getting muscled off the ball by Shane Long or someone.

gosplan wrote: »
    Yeah but he had the armband and by the end of the game, it had turned into a jog around for everyone.

Between the armband, the reluctance to sell for the prices currently being mentioned, the apparant great showing in training, and the fact that he's off on international duty, you'd think that unless we hear something major today or tomorrow that RVP will start the season with us.

And aside from being our best player. not starting him in the first game would be terrible from the point of view of getting the best price.

if he stay's he'll be captain - i'd put your house on it :pac:

there's stories today saying united are going to up their bid to 20mil this week

not starting him wouldn't effect the price at all, what would however & maybe the only way he'll be guaranteed to stay is him getting injured seriously in the first 3 games of the season

I really liked the look of the team yesterday and proves we won't be too bad without him
    If its a million or 2 in deifference we should just sell and get on with it

Barca supposedly bid 15 for song and willing to go to 20, I would deal at 20 being in a replacement and cover for rb maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I really liked the look of the team yesterday and proves we won't be too bad without him

I'd agree if it was a club abroad, but he can't go to United.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Barca supposedly bid 15 for song and willing to go to 20, I would deal at 20 being in a replacement and cover for rb maybe

I wouldn't want Song to go, and certainly not for that little with 3 years left on his contract.

Apparently Spurs are trying to nab Niang as well as M'Vila, although I don't think M'Vila was coming our way anymore anways. Seems AVB is using Harry's old see who arsenal are looking at strategy for transfers though. :P

greendom wrote: »

Not for under 20 but over 20 it hard to turn your nose up at that an loose him for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Not for under 20 but over 20 it hard to turn your nose up at that an loose him for free

Let him go on a free - he'll be a year older by then and we'll have a stronger side. I really can't stomach him going to United unless the fee was over 40m. Crazy money that you just couldn't turn down.

• Advertisement

Let him go on a free - he'll be a year older by then and we'll have a stronger side. I really can't stomach him going to United unless the fee was over 40m. Crazy money that you just couldn't turn down.

I could live with it I still think last year was his year give us 25m and we keep building
    If we sell now we can replace we sell on the 31st we can't

My point been if they were offering say 23 avid we were holding out for 25 just sell instead of holding out for that 2m

chamberlain out of the england squad with an ankle injury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Lads, I was watching a documentary on Ian Wright yesterday before I went to Croke Park.

I’d forgotten how good he was.

He’s been ever so slightly overlooked in Arsenals premier history. To give a scale of what he did, there was a few years where he was the sole goal threat. Basically, he gave us an ’RVP 2011/2012’ every season. This was years in which Eddie McGoldrick, Jimmy Carter, David Hillier and John Jensen were getting their game in midfield – not exactly creative geniuses.

However, he then did it with Bergkamp, Vieira and Petit at the start of the Wenger revolution. He was more than a fox in the box/tap in from 6 yards merchant.

To come to Arsenal at 28, and get the amount of goals he did was some achievement.

I think he’s overlooked somethimes because:
    -He wasn’t as sophisticated as Henry with the ‘va-va-voom’ French stuff
    -He’s been a bit of a twit since he retired
    -We’ve been spoilt with Wright/Anelka/Henry/RVP in succession in premier league years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

meriwether wrote: »
    Lads, I was watching a documentary on Ian Wright yesterday before I went to Croke Park.

He’s been ever so slightly overlooked in Arsenals premier history. To give a scale of what he did, there was a few years where he was the sole goal threat. Basically, he gave us an ’RVP 2011/2012’ every season. This was years in which Eddie McGoldrick, Jimmy Carter, David Hillier and John Jensen were getting their game in midfield – not exactly creative geniuses.

However, he then did it with Bergkamp, Vieira and Petit at the start of the Wenger revolution. He was more than a fox in the box/tap in from 6 yards merchant.

To come to Arsenal at 28, and get the amount of goals he did was some achievement.

-We’ve been spoilt with Wright/Anelka/Henry/RVP in succession in premier league years.
    Back then I just expected Wright to score every week and he usually did, legend in my eyes.

John Jensen the man that couldnt score

Been a massive twat since he retired
    But a legend none the less and will never be overlooked in my book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Club abroad I would sell, anyone of our main rivals no. It would be counter productive to what is turning out to be a very positive summer for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Let's hope it's one of those 'international friendly' injuries.

Ryo to Wigan just confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Soups123 wrote: »
    John Jensen the man that couldnt score

But when he did BOOOOOOOOOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Song has confirmed there has been interest in him but said that he "is happy at Arsenal". he did say however that FCB are the "best club in the world"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

wawaman wrote: »
    Song has confirmed there has been interest in him but said that he "is happy at Arsenal". he did say however that FCB are the "best club in the world"

He is right. They are the best, we all know that.
    I think that as well but i'm not joining them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

But when he did BOOOOOOOOOOM!

I was there when he did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

wawaman wrote: »
    Sky news sources(for what their worth) say Songs preference is to extend his contract rather than join Barca

So it begins!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

A Wiganer here in peace, delighted to have signed Ryo on loan for the year, what do think of this kid and do ye rate him?

So it begins!!!

I'd say he's not injured..... I think Wenger has told him not to go.

BlueBaron wrote: »
    A Wiganer here in peace, delighted to have signed Ryo on loan for the year, what do think of this kid and do ye rate him?

Delighted he's going to Wigan.

He's quite highly thought of within the club.

I know Bolton fans were quite happy with him last year after his loan.

Very, very fast.

AS reporting sahin to arsenal will be done by end of the week, they were right bout cazorla

Midfield looks very crowded someone has to go. I think it's song with all the rumours but not him Ramsey looks like he will be in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

AS reporting sahin to arsenal will be done by end of the week, they were right bout cazorla

Midfield looks very crowded someone has to go. I think it's song with all the rumours but not him Ramsey looks like he will be in trouble

Wasn't Ramsey doing well in the Olympics? I didn't watch it, but people were praising him.

Snakeblood wrote: »

Wasn't Ramsey doing well in the Olympics? I didn't watch it, but people were praising him.

Yep and I personally love him but as I said it is getting very crowded

There's plenty of games to be played throughout the season.

FA cup, Carling, European dead rubbers, injuries in the PL.

Ramsey's going to be top class, so this season could be a super season for him to come on regularly, instead of being played like he was last season.

He was better than both Joe Allen and Cleverly beside him in midfield in the Olympics.

Edit: Also, v good new about Sahin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Having too many players has never been a problem for Arsenal, injuries usually see to that.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Having too many players has never been a problem for Arsenal, injuries usually see to that.

Indeed. Lets take our time getting Wilshere back.

I'd rather give him a few months to ensure he's fine, and then use him at his pomp for the next 12 years, then rush him back to try and win 15-18 points early out this season.

There's plenty of games to be played throughout the season.

FA cup, Carling, European dead rubbers, injuries in the PL.

Ramsey's going to be top class, so this season could be a super season for him to come on regularly, instead of being played like he was last season.

He was better than both Joe Allen and Cleverly beside him in midfield in the Olympics.

Ah yeah. In fairness to Rambo there was a lot of pressure on him last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

keano_afc wrote: »

No harm having a bit of excess for a while. It'll be great for rotation and it will allow the squad to be more fresh. We always look tired coming into the last 12-10 games of the season so having our numbers up may help with that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

HazDanz wrote: »
    No harm having a bit of excess for a while. It'll be great for rotation and it will allow the squad to be more fresh. We always look tired coming into the last 12-10 games of the season so having our numbers up may help with that problem.

We pretty much used the same core of players last year and were absolutely blessed that RvP didnt get injured. Some rotation next year will only be a good thing.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Sky news sources(for what their worth) say Songs preference is to extend his contract rather than join Barca

I heard/read something like that too, his agent is just putting putting it about

but it's not to extend his contract, it's to enhance the ££££££££ he's getting
    blobby360 wrote: »
    I'd say he's not injured..... I think Wenger has told him not to go.

not sure, england are based at arsenals training ground this week & he's went to their doctors this morning and was sent back to the club, long journey :pac: - you can't just tell players not to go, they need to see the NT doctors

it might be just a slight knock, given the squad named i doubt hodgson would not want him there, walcott's still there & you'd think has a greater chance of starting at the weekend than chamberlain - or maybe wenger's seen enough and will start him more often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Certainly sounds like Songs agent is just whoring him around trying to earn Song and himself some extra cash, anyone any idea what Songs reported wages are at the momment?

Song and Van Persie have the same agent which is that Idiot Darren Dein, he's the one who started all this Song to Barcelona talk.

blobby360 wrote: »
    Song and Van Persie have the same agent which is that Idiot Darren Dein, he's the one who started all this Song to Barcelona talk.

kees vos is RVP agent

• Advertisement

kees vos is RVP agent

Darren Dein is involved with Van Persie in some form.
    He might not be his agent though.

All i know is that he's a bit of a C**t....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement