Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Kos is doubtful for France's international against Uruguay on Wednesday. Hope he's ok for the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

greendom wrote: »
    Kos is doubtful for France's international against Uruguay on Wednesday. Hope he's ok for the weekend

13 away on international duty - that's including koscielny

song confirms interest, says he's happy but will they bid link
    Song happy at Arsenal despite Barcelona preparing £17m bid for midfield star
    By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 11:19 GMT, 13 August 2012 | UPDATED: 12:31 GMT, 13 August 2012

Barcelona are ready to pay £17million for Arsenal's Alex Song despite the player admitting he is happy in north London.
    The Spanish club are desperate to strengthen the defensive side of the game and new boss Tito Vilanova has decided Song's versatility makes the Cameroon man the ideal candidate.
    Barca lost Sergio Busquets' back-up Seydou Keita over the summer and lack options in central defence, positions Song would be more than capable of filling.

Reports in Spain suggest Arsenal are playing hardball despite being open to an exceptional offer, and they have already scouted a host of other options, including Yann M'Vila.
    Spanish press believe an offer of around £17m - for a player with two years left on his current deal - will be enough to sway the Gunners into letting Song follow Alex Hleb, Thierry Henry and Cesc Fabregas to switch between the two clubs in recent years.
    Song is currently in the early stages of contract talks with his club and while he harbours no aspirations of forcing a move, he is interested in hearing what Barca have to say.
    Speaking to Sky Sports on Monday, the 24-year-old said: 'I am not going to lie if I said there is no interest but I am at Arsenal and I am happy at Arsenal.

'Barcelona are the best team in the world, and speculation will always continue until the window closes.'
    Meanwhile, former Arsenal captain Fabregas has revealed he found his first season back with Barcelona a struggle.
    He told Marca: 'Under [Pep] Guardiola I never really got to grips with the system. I had been playing another style of football and to take on board so much so quickly was difficult, because everyone else had already got it down.

'Playing in central midfield was hard for me because I need more mobility and I am not quick off the mark in the first few metres.
    'I am not asking for anything, but that is my way of playing. It is true that I am a bit anarchic, but that is my style. Some people commented that I lacked something last season, including Guardiola.
    'It was my fault really because I tried to be what I am not; I am not Xavi, [Andres] Iniesta, or Thiago [Alcantara]. I am me and I need mobility, to participate more.'

also inter put off by £20mil price on walcott link .this is dragging on a bit too, wish he was signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Honestly, whoever thought it was a good idea to have a round of friendlies 3 days before the start of a domestic season needs a slap in the chops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

keano_afc wrote: »
    Honestly, whoever thought it was a good idea to have a round of friendlies 3 days before the start of a domestic season needs a slap in the chops.
    It's a terrible idea, I'm not sure if Cazorla will start for us against sunderland seeing as he'll be just back from a long haul flight from Puerto Rico. Fingers crossed though I think he'll light up the league. Giroud looked dangerous too, although he's super lazy when we don't have the ball. Was like that for France too from what I've seen of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

amiable wrote: »
    I was there when he did :)

Just for you amiable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Hey guys,
    I bought the new Arsenal jersey from that website hitjerseys.com. Ordered it in large but it's too small for me, it's more of a small to medium. Has Vermaelen's name and number on the back. Not genuine but looks 100% real. Paid 20 for it but would take 15 if anyone's interested. Gonna pop it up on Adverts later but thought I'd give anyone here first chance for it if they want. PM me if interested.

Mods delete if this isn't allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Was watching the MLS on ESPN earlier and they said the Arsenal/Sunderland game was on live next Saturday. The Americans get it live but (as far as I can tell) we don't? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

So what do ye think the story with Song is?
    Is he just trying to get a better contract at Arsenal or will he waltz off to Barca.
    Also seeing some reports that Arsenal would want Tello and Affelay plus cash as part of the deal. Prob complete bull as per usual.
    Two great players but not sure where they could fit in unless Walcott is unwilling to sign a contract extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Was watching the MLS on ESPN earlier and they said the Arsenal/Sunderland game was on live next Saturday. The Americans get it live but (as far as I can tell) we don't? :mad:

Don't think so. The ESPN I'm getting as part of a ntl package are only showing a few Arsenal matches over the year - all the 5:30 saturday ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I was in the Clock End that night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Good answer by Song to be fair especially with regards to his comments about himself, and Guardiola's opinion of him from last season. Don't really know about whether he'll leave or not. The impression I'm getting is that Arsenal will be willing once the price is right. No need in repeating previous contract sagas a la Nasri, Fabregas, RVP, etc... I personally think he would have a more proficient season with Arsenal than Barcelona, I was happy with how he played yesterday. A few slip backs here and there but his passing and attacking position was on form.

Wouldn't like to see him go, myself. He's one of the stalwarts of the first team now, has a great attitude for the club and when he wants, he's a top player. I'd like to maybe see some more cover in the defensive midfield position. Really don't know what to think about Wilshire's return and recovery so it would be good to have another seasoned DMF in the mix. Now is the perfect time to have another Gilberto to rely on. Someone that controls defensive midfield, provides cover and attacking options and has a mean shot on them.

What did ye think of Diaby yesterday? Is it me or has he got a lot thinner than before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

pandaboy wrote: »
    Good answer by Song to be fair especially with regards to his comments about himself, and Guardiola's opinion of him from last season. Don't really know about whether he'll leave or not. The impression I'm getting is that Arsenal will be willing once the price is right. No need in repeating previous contract sagas a la Nasri, Fabregas, RVP, etc... I personally think he would have a more proficient season with Arsenal than Barcelona, I was happy with how he played yesterday. A few slip backs here and there but his passing and attacking position was on form.

Wouldn't like to see him go, myself. He's one of the stalwarts of the first team now, has a great attitude for the club and when he wants, he's a top player. I'd like to maybe see some more cover in the defensive midfield position. Really don't know what to think about Wilshire's return and recovery so it would be good to have another seasoned DMF in the mix. Now is the perfect time to have another Gilberto to rely on. Someone that controls defensive midfield, provides cover and attacking options and has a mean shot on them.

What did ye think of Diaby yesterday? Is it me or has he got a lot thinner than before?

I don't believe all that Song to Barca rubbish at all. Why would we sell one of our best players and then look for a replacement. On the Diaby thing, i also think he looks much fitter and will be a very valuable squad player this season. I also believe we won't see Jack back in October. His injury could be career threatening according to rumours, hope they're wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Diaby could be a massive player for us we just June to wait and see, hope to god he don't break down again

gnfnrhead wrote: »

no english broadcaster can show 3pm games from the PL - it's banned.

you could use this site <snip> sign up before aug. 25th & it's £39.99 for the year - watch all 38 arsenal games live or whatever PL game you want. There's a load of channels on it too, all the sky sports etc. 24/7 it's not just for the games

dvemail wrote: »
    So what do ye think the story with Song is?
    Is he just trying to get a better contract at Arsenal or will he waltz off to Barca.
    Also seeing some reports that Arsenal would want Tello and Affelay plus cash as part of the deal. Prob complete bull as per usual.
    Two great players but not sure where they could fit in unless Walcott is unwilling to sign a contract extension.

it could be be a bit of both really

if barca are interested & offer enough neither him or arsenal will turn it down or else he gets more money by signing a new deal at arsenal if it's offered to him (he's only 2 years left), so it's win win for song

I've a feeling he'll go

from looking at stories today, since hearing tello is available (not part of vilanova's plans) wenger wants him & cash, not them both. afellay's a player that got mentioned to arsenal a lot & is just thrown in some stories

I don't believe all that Song to Barca rubbish at all. Why would we sell one of our best players and then look for a replacement. .

he's came out himself & said there's been interest & now this
    Arsenal midfielder Song wants to join Barcelona, claims Malaga's Kameni
    The former Espanyol player says the central midfielder told him whilst they were on holiday together that he would like to join the Catalan giants

13 Aug 2012 19:22:00
    By Charlie Scott

Malaga goalkeeper Carlos Kameni believes his compatriot Alex Song would "fit in" at Barcelona, claiming he learnt of the Arsenal midfielder's desire make the move to Spain while the two were on holiday together.

The Blaugrana have been strongly linked with a move for the Cameroon international following Seydou Keita's move to Chinese Super League side Dalian Aerbin earlier this summer.

Kameni believes the 24-year-old would be a smart acquisition for the Liga runners-up and revealed Song hopes to join Tito Vilanova's side.

"We were together on vacation. He [Song] would like to go to Barcelona, any player would like to. Barcelona are not one of the best in the world, but the best," Kameni told Cope Catalunya.

"[Song would] fit in at Barcelona," he continued. "He has all the features to play there. We all know what kind of player Barcelona like and he is one of them."

Kameni also spoke of how the Gunner bears a resemblance to one of Barcelona's former players, adding: "He is like Yaya Toure, but with much more mobility. He is very mobile but can also pass well. He is a complete player."

He also commented on how Song has progressed rapidly in recent seasons, saying: "Alex has demonstrated how good he is during his time with Arsenal. He has always progressed well, but his last two years have been spectacular.

"He is a very focused kid, with his head in the right place. He always wants to improve and is willing to listen to others and work on his weaknesses.

"He is a hard worker and is very versatile, which makes him a very good team player."

The player himself recently indicated that Barcelona had shown an interest in him, but denied that he wants to leave Arsenal for the Spanish giants.

Song joined Arsene Wenger's side from French team Bastia for €1.3 million (£1m) in 2005, and has gone on to make over 200 appearances for the club.

link

if diaby stay's fit i'd think he'd be in the team ahead of song, as too will wilshere when back. Sahin or m'vila could well come in too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/08/belgian-striker-claims-arsenal-contact/

Wonder is it just Arsenal covering all the basis in case RVP leaves or are they resigned to the fact that there's no coming back from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

batistuta9 wrote: »
    you could use this site <snip> sign up before aug. 25th & it's £39.99 for the year - watch all 38 arsenal games live or whatever PL game you want. There's a load of channels on it too, all the sky sports etc. 24/7 it's not just for the games

I've been using that site nearly a year now, its great and I have seen nearly every Arsenal match in good quality.

You dont have the hassle of trying to find a good stream every week, it has them all, with no ads on the streams either and great download speed, no buffering.

dvemail wrote: »
    http://news.arseblog.com/2012/08/belgian-striker-claims-arsenal-contact/

Wonder is it just Arsenal covering all the basis in case RVP leaves or are they resigned to the fact that there's no coming back from him.

there's a classic comment under that article, the bit in bold :pac::pac::pac:
    Fook me! Has someone put speed in Wengers white wine spritzer? I think he has been the busiest manager in this transfer window and the signings are all top drawer so far.
    I cannot wait for Saturday. When is the first podcast Mr Blogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

if song went to barca no player should go the other way as part of the deal. if that did happen it wont be long until prof xavi and co are giving us all another genetics lecture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Really? Why's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Galvasean wrote: »
    Really? Why's that?
    To encourage people to go to the games, rather than sit at home. although a woman who ran a pub in Pompey won a court case against this rule last year didn't she?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Really? Why's that?

see above, ignore the last bit. now see below :pac:
    To encourage people to go to the games, rather than sit at home. although a woman who ran a pub in Pompey won a court case against this rule last year didn't she?

yeah kinda, that's just to show the games via foreign satellite, something to do with EU law

sky, ESPN UK, BBC etc. still can't broadcast the 3pm saturday games - why do you think they don't already, the only game can be shown at that time by an english broadcaster - maybe even british - is the F.A cup final

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

keano_afc wrote: »

get them fit?

What's the bet rvp picks up a minor "injury" Wednesday that keeps him out of the game Saturday

Wengr just squashed the song rumours

couple of interesting stories in the sun

1. arsenal are going to sell RVP to united - £22mil

2. wenger says there's nothing in the song rumours

couple of interesting stories in the sun

1. arsenal are going to sell RVP to united - £22mil

2. wenger says there's nothing in the song rumours

22m I can live with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

If we sell him for 20 million and spend some on a decent striker I would be very happy with that, the signings so far look top drawer.

• Advertisement

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    If we sell him for 20 million and spend some on a decent striker I would be very happy with that, the signings so far look top drawer.

And we still have the greatest player in the world on our books dont forget. :)

Nickla.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

get them fit?

Jet lag isn't really a sign of good fitness...

rvp to utd edging closer will be gone by the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

It seems to be looking that way, if he does go it will be the ultimate betrayal for me, so much for loving the club, fans and respecting Wenger and any other ****e he's spouted over the years. Worse than nasri and cashley put together.

But fcuk him no one player is bigger than the club and would just mean if we beat united I'd get extra satisfaction from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Given the circumstances I thought most Arsenal fans would be delighted with 20m for RVP especially considering Wenger has already brought in extra cover.
    With or without Van Persie, this Arsenal squad is starting to look like serious business. Scary to think what it could have been had City not raided the club and not forgetting Fabregas either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Eathrin wrote: »
    Given the circumstances I thought most Arsenal fans would be delighted with 20m for RVP especially considering Wenger has already brought in extra cover.
    With or without Van Persie, this Arsenal squad is starting to look like serious business. Scary to think what it could have been had City not raided the club and not forgetting Fabregas either.

While I do think with or without Van Persie this year our squad will be stronger and I would like to See him sold after the way he's acted but selling to United is a different story altogether, never in a million years would I be happy with that, yehs can take Chamakh though. Im also not sure he will ever have a season like that again giving his penchant for injuries, and that we were set up for him to be the main man were as at United he won't be nor at Arsenal this year given the players we've brought in.

I think with one or two more signings along with the hopeful return of Wilshere we can have one he'll of a team going into the new season and for the first time in a long time I'm not nervous starting a new season instead I can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I think I'm going to be sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

you could use this site http://flashsportstreams.tv/
    sign up before aug. 25th & it's £39.99 for the year - watch all 38 arsenal games live or whatever PL game you want. There's a load of channels on it too, all the sky sports etc. 24/7 it's not just for the games

Is that website any use for people on low level broadband ?

Wouldn't mind getting it but im only on 1mb and would be worried about it lagging.

Maybe we're selling rvp too man utd is cause his relationship with wenger is finished and there the only team in and wenger wants rid of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maybe we're selling rvp too man utd is cause his relationship with wenger is finished and there the only team in and wenger wants rid of him

That's the way I see it too. RVP will not be a success for Utd and will be like Berbatov in taking too long to adjust, receiving new injuries, confidence dipping. If he goes then its the beginning of the end of him. He will NEVER have another season like last.

RVP's been on fire for the last 18 months though, not just 1 season people seem to forget this.

maybe he's due an injury or could it even prolong his career given all the injuries he's had in the past?

when he's fit he'll do well for any team he's at.

• Advertisement

That's the way I see it too. RVP will not be a success for Utd and will be like Berbatov in taking too long to adjust, receiving new injuries, confidence dipping. If he goes then its the beginning of the end of him. He will NEVER have another season like last.

Don't think he will ever have a season like last, but if he stays fit he will be massive for utd, just cause he is leaving lets not forget how good he is

i doubt very much wenger want's rid of him.

half of it's because he wants to go there, ruling out the others and the other half is united are prepared to pay something close to the money wanted

i doubt very much wenger want's rid of him.

half of it's because he wants to go there, ruling out the others and the other half is united are prepared to pay something close to the money wanted

Yeah your prob right was just trying to look at a different angle
    That money for him is great and I'm glad we're selling been saying I would sell since the end of last season
    Just a pity it's utd and pity he wants to go there

blobby360 wrote: »

Is that website any use for people on low level broadband ?

Wouldn't mind getting it but im only on 1mb and would be worried about it lagging.

this is what it says in the FAQ
    What Speed Broadband Do I Need?

The minimum required speed for flashsportstreams is 3mb, we do have streams lower than this, however we do recommend you have above 3000kbs to view flashsportstreams with no problems.

Is My Pc/Laptop Good Enough?

Low Cpu and Ram on a pc can cause alot of problems when viewing streams, CLICK HERE for tips on what you need and how to improve the productivity of your setup for streaming.

Can I View on PS3 and other Consoles?

Flashsportstreams uses adobe flash player, as long as the browser on your console has flash player then it should work, i believe at this moment only PS3 has the required player, but tests have not been done yet with other consoles.

Apple Ipad, Ipad2, Iphone Support?

We have apple support coming very soon, we have a beta page available here - www.flashsportstreams.info/apple

Will Flashsportstreams work on my Android Phone or Tablet?

This depends entirely on which phone/tablet you have, again all which is needed is the latest version of flash player, Google Android have a totally different stance towards flash player compared with apple, and makes most android devices 2.2 os and above fully compatible with our streams.

Can i use my Apple Tv?

Apple Tv via XBMC, there is a plugin available at www.xbmchub.com however we do not offer support for it, because it was not created by and is not maintained by us, if you would like to use this device for flashsportstreams you can but at your own risk, if there is a problem, we can not help you fix, and it is not in our verifed devices for usage.

Can I watch Flashsportstreams on Multiple Devices?

You can use your account from anywhere in the world, but never more than 1 device at a time, if you use your account at more than 1 location at a time, both devices will be logged out every 5 minutes by our automated system, and repeat abuse the system will put a temp ban on the account, until account sharing is explained and we are happy that future abuse will not be done, a second ban is permanent, with no refund given to the user.

What are your Verifed (Recommended Devices) to use?

Pc - Windows/Linux/Mac/Android 2.2 or above

Laptop - Windows/Linux/Mac/Android 2.2 or above

Mobile Device - Android 2.2 or above with wifi only not 3G

Iphone, Ipad - Not verifed yet but coming soon.

i'm not sure how much it'll effect it or not though you probably have an idea anyway from youtube vids or other streams ,
    you could try it for a day - £2.99 or a week - £4.99 and see how it is

Don't think we will see too much of a backlash from selling rvp if we reinvest the money
    If we don't though the board and wenger could come in for some stick

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't really see how RVP will fit in the united squad with Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck and possibly Berbatov all still there tbh. Kagawa too.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Don't really see how RVP will fit in the united squad with Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck and possibly Berbatov all still there tbh. Kagawa too.

Had this discussion with a few utd mates they reckon he won't start the big games but will get plenty of games over the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Had this discussion with a few utd mates they reckon he won't start the big games but will get plenty of games over the season

Thats shocking if true. Player like him should play every match he's fit for. Find it hard to believe he would go there is be second choice. But cant see how he would fit in with Rooney. They'd never drop him would they? When he goes through a barren spell which he does fairly often

jonny666 wrote: »

Thats shocking if true. Player like him should play every match he's fit for. Find it hard to believe he would go there is be second choice. But cant see how he would fit in with Rooney. They'd never drop him would they? When he goes through a barren spell which he does fairly often

They reckon for the big games it's Rooney up top kawaga behind him, rvp on bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

With due respect, Fergie's rediculously hard to second guess and they're conjecturing about one player who hasn't played a competitive game and another who isn't at the club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement