Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

Reading around this morning and it looks we're dead set on getting another DM in with M'Villa top of the list but if we don't get him we will go for Biliga
    I find this strange and can only think we will play with two DMs next season

It was reported Wenger has instructed Gazidis to increase Song's wage to £75,000 a week.
    Maybe Wenger (as usual) is looking to the future and covering his positions before something like what happened with Nasri, happens again.
    As much as Song isn't my favourite player in the world, i'm sure other clubs would like to have him and would pay more than we can.
    So showing interest in M'Villa or whoever in DM is the responsible thing to do in case Frimps or coquelin don't work out, and Wenger would possibly get stick again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Reading around this morning and it looks we're dead set on getting another DM in with M'Villa top of the list but if we don't get him we will go for Biliga
    I find this strange and can only think we will play with two DMs next season

It was reported Wenger has instructed Gazidis to increase Song's wage to £75,000 a week.
    Maybe Wenger (as usual) is looking to the future and covering his positions before something like what happened with Nasri, happens again.
    As much as Song isn't my favourite player in the world, i'm sure other clubs would like to have him and would pay more than we can.

Yep song getting a new deal, and I was hoping to see coq get more gametime next year
    But it's been reported in a few places so we must have some interest in another DM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd also rather City win, but to hell with helping them by letting them beat us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

City winning the league would mean Mancini being more likely to stay on and cementing their place at the top before FFP comes in, not something that we should want.
    Though obviously I don't want United to win it either. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

United all the way for me.
    Obviously dislike them immensely, but they are the lesser of two evils for me and the only other team I could bear to see winning it is maybe Swansea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I want us to win all our remaining games! It probably won't happen but one can hope!

I do fancy us against city though.

HazDanz wrote: »
    I want us to win all our remaining games! It probably won't happen but one can hope!

I do fancy us against city though.
    As do I, we are due one over on them. Wouldn't it be great if we were to be the team to end their title chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Yeah its a tough one to call whether i want utd to win the league or man city. I too dislike utd and SAF alot but the thought of Nasri and clichy winning the league in their first full season with man city would absolutely gaul me being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arsenal to win all the way of course. Defeating City would be very nice. However, I've got nothing against Nasri or Clichy all water under the bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nothing against likes of Toure or Clichy but i would be 100% happy if nasri never won anything again for his stupid comments about us post move to city

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Really not interested in who wins, meh if utd win it again kind of use to it. Really want us to wrap up 3rd and push on next year. Wud luv to finish season strong with home wins along the way against City and Chelsea, be nice to finish single digit points behind City after the billions they've spent, then hope to god we see reasonable purchases this summer and see the dead wood move that I thinks sucks energy and confidence from the team when there is more than one in the dressing room.

I'll be so much more happier if the Yids finish 5th than any buzz I'd get seeing either utd or city lose it!

Soups123 wrote: »
    I'll be so much more happier if the Yids finish 5th than any buzz I'd get seeing either utd or city lose it!

Nah, let them get 4th. Then have Chelsea win the CL.

Why would you want Chelsea to be the first london team to win the European Cup just to keep North London B out of said Champions League ....Mind boggles to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Hi all. Does anyone think Wenger will rest RVP for the QPR match this weekend after his comments last week? This is purely for fantasy footballing reasons. Ta!

Hi all. Does anyone think Wenger will rest RVP for the QPR match this weekend after his comments last week? This is purely for fantasy footballing reasons. Ta!

Nope he will play

• Advertisement

Barring injury or suspension i think RVP will start every game.

And he will win !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

He'll start score 2 and assist so keep him in and make him captain

At worst he won't play the 90, but he'll definitely start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

After QPR the next game isnt until the 8th of April. There's no point resting him IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be giving him the armband again this week. I'll be calling back next week to give you all a bollocking if this doesn't work out!

Good luck for the rest of the season, hopefully you guys get third and Newcastle get fourth ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

He's been my FF captain since about week 6. The weeks I've stuck by him when others took him out (Liverpool away, Tottenham, Chelsea away) are the weeks he ran amok, and he's the highest point scoring player in the league by a mile anyway, there's no other choice for captain this year in my book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

amacachi wrote: »
    Nah, let them get 4th. Then have Chelsea win the CL.
    Why would you want Chelsea to be the first london team to win the European Cup just to keep North London B out of said Champions League ....Mind boggles to be honest

While I certainly would hate to see Chelsea win the CL, it would be frigggin' HILARIOUS to see Spurs lose out on CL football over a weird technicality. After the funky pasta incident that allegedly cost them 4th place a few years ago they'll think they're cursed!

Galvasean wrote: »
    While I certainly would hate to see Chelsea win the CL, it would be frigggin' HILARIOUS to see Spurs lose out on CL football over a weird technicality. After the funky pasta incident that allegedly cost them 4th place a few years ago they'll think they're cursed!

Tempting fate though, that could be us.

Joey Barton is certainly talking Saturday's game up. Be lucky if all our players survive un-injured with this sort of talk...

This is more than a game of football now. The next eight games govern our futures", said Barton. "There are livelihoods on the line here. I'm not sure that's the case at Arsenal to be honest."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

greendom wrote: »
    "There are livelihoods on the line here. I'm not sure that's the case at Arsenal to be honest."

It's not like they are going to war!!! Joey has had some pretty poor performances recently and he is just tryin to talk himself into playin well imo.

Barton is an overrated piece of uselessness. He's lucky to even be a premier league player and not a prisoner after some of the stuff he has done.

Barton just oozes class............

from the 1920's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

They have nothing to rest him for, apart from the next 8 matches which are all cup finals.

Play him in them all.

greendom wrote: »
    Joey Barton is certainly talking Saturday's game up. Be lucky if all our players survive un-injured with this sort of talk...

This is more than a game of football now. The next eight games govern our futures", said Barton. "There are livelihoods on the line here. I'm not sure that's the case at Arsenal to be honest."

One of the worst tackles I've ever seen and Diaby got sent off. Not sure if Barton even got booked.

• Advertisement

That was one of the only great things i've seen Diaby do in an Arsenal shirt.
    I remember screaming at the tv, "have that Barton you chav ****"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Will be a tough match on saturday away to QPR, hopefully we put one over them and help to put them back down in the championship where they belong. I usually dont have such a dislike for QPR but with Joey Barton in their squad and Mark Hughes as one of my most dislikeable managers and characters in the game, id take great satisfaction in seeing them go back down.

RVP 11 wrote: »
    That was one of the only great things i've seen Diaby do in an Arsenal shirt.
    I remember screaming at the tv, "have that Barton you chav ****"
    :D

I'm probably not allowed to say what I think he should've done. I suppose my dad's insistence that if you're going to get a card make sure it's for doing something sums it up.

Wouldn't one of our lads doing that kind of tackle to barton in the 1st minute thus quitening the little scouse muppet ! You can bet Barton is gonna have a go at Song during the game over the stamp at newcastle start of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I wouldn't be too worried. Just sounds like Barton is going to get himself sent off in the 5th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭djan

I am a bit worried that due to the frosty nature of the match we might suffer some injury. Yes I am looking at you Robin!

I wouldn't be too worried. Just sounds like Barton is going to get himself sent off in the 5th minute.

yes QPR have been good at that recently, let's hope they keep it up...

Let him put the ball into his own net first ;)

Personally I think Barton gets away with murder because referees don't want to be seen to be picking on him.

• Advertisement

Personally I think Barton gets away with murder because referees don't want to be seen to be picking on him.

Although it would be quite cool as a ref to say to him - go on tweet about THIS! As you show him a red card :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Important we go into that game with the right attitude. We all know the tactics Mark Hughes and the QPR players will use. Pump the ball into our box, kick us all over the pitch, get men behind the ball etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

This really is gonna be one of those games where, if Van Persie is still walking come full time, then its gonna be a massive relief. A win will be a bonus, especially if it sends Mark Hughes one step closer to relegation ;) He has to be one of the most dis-likable, arrogant men in the PL. Plus we all know he'll be instructing his boy's to get stuck in, like in his Blackburn days..

The trick for Arsenal is to get a goal or two as early as possible. Get the QPR lads' heads down. The longer the game goes on without us scoring the more belief they will get and that will encourage them to get extra 'stuck in'. Break their morale nice n' early
    to prevent them from breaking our legs

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I reckon the squad is better able to handle a more physical team these days than it used to be, so let them try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Kos is back in squad and everyone is fit from the last game. come on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Yeah as Mick says, we're not the soft touch that we used to be. If QPR want to bring the physical side to the game, you can be sure we'll give it back. A midfield of Song, Arteta and Rosicky can definitely look after themselves, and RvP isn't a soft touch. You can be sure Barton will be winding players up and leaving the boot in, but thats because he's below average intelligence.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Yeah as Mick says, we're not the soft touch that we used to be. If QPR want to bring the physical side to the game, you can be sure we'll give it back. A midfield of Song,

The most bookable player in Premier League history. I may be paranoid, but I have noticed in these very physical games that refs tend to be lenient with the team getting 'stuck in' but are quick to book players of the other team who push back.

Wengers fine and suspension is a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

They've had in for him ever since he had the forensics guy in to get Eduardo out of the diving ban, and platini just has it in for him anyways.

The most bookable player in Premier League history. I may be paranoid, but I have noticed in these very physical games that refs tend to be lenient with the team getting 'stuck in' but are quick to book players of the other team who push back.

Have a look at that league table with debatable decisions and the "harder" teams get a lot of breaks. It's ****in daft if you look up any stats and see how many yellow cards a team like Arsenal has for harmless stuff. It applies to United and the rest if the opposition have much attention, referee assumes every foul is on purpose whereas for the "harder" players a foul is completely accidental.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement