Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

:
    Dercola wrote: »
    :)

:):):D

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Point gained on the spuds.. All in all, not a bad day..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

here's some great reading from the 'spurs supporters club' forum QPR Issue is the name of the thread. It's a issue now alright :pac::pac::pac:

where's KingdomYid when you need him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

As I said in the match thread **** whatever fixtures the other lot have; if we can't get a minimum 7pts out of the last 3 games then we can't complain if we miss out on the CL.

9/9 has to be the target. 3rd has to be the target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Redknapp in March: "Third place isn't out of reach and I still think we will finish above Arsenal, bring it on Arsene."

Haha that is all, Hopefully Arry stays at spurs, would love to see Newcastle get 4th

Spurs have really imploded. Please god the FA still hasn't got any sense and go on and hire 'Arry. Newcastle our biggest threat in my opinion. They are flying it. Cisse is a revelation at present.

Stoke is a huge huge game. Not overly upset Walcott is out for the season because i think he is an overrated , brainless and one dimensional footballer. He has the one trick and its not a very good one. Has bags of pace but will do everything except take on a player. Runs into cul-de-sacs continously. Wish we had Wilshere back but in one way it would be better to have him back fresh next season then rush him back for the sake of that BUFFOON Stuart Pearce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

batistuta9 wrote: »
    here's some great reading from the 'spurs supporters club' forum QPR Issue is the name of the thread. It's a issue now alright :pac::pac::pac:

where's KingdomYid when you need him

Probably seeking out Agent Gallas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

I honestly think this Walcott injury is a huge blow. Sure, he's a bit dodgy, but when he's in form he's unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I honestly think this Walcott injury is a huge blow. Sure, he's a bit dodgy, but when he's in form he's unreal.

About once in every 10 games.
    Oxo will play on that wing now.

• Advertisement

He has a burst of pace but more often or not he forgets that the white sphere thats going around the field...well yes Theo it might be handy if you could remember to hold on to it for as long as possible or at least until there is a guy in a better position or when even you yourself have a chance to put it in that net thingy hanging out of the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

About once in every 10 games.
    Oxo will play on that wing now.

chamberlain hasn't exactly been brilliant every game he's played either, might seem a bit harsh as it's his first season but there's games he's done nothing too & i think there's a bit of a love affair with him from most people here & maybe he's not being critiqued 100% percent honestly.

there's a reason wenger doesn't start him every week

chamberlain & gervinho both starting; 1 ok but no the 2, I rather walcott was still fit but at least benayoun will be available again & can play wide + he's done a decent job when he's come in

He does look poor at times but 8 goals and 11 assists in the league this season means that a deserves his place.

greendom wrote: »
    He does look poor at times but 8 goals and 11 assists in the league this season means that a deserves his place.

with the searing pace like he has i think that if he had any cell of a football brain whatsoever, he would be banging in and setting up alot more.

i for one dont think he is good enough to be an Arsenal player considering the midfielders he was originally brought in to replace. the likes of pires, ljungberg, and overmars for example would piss all over his stats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

greendom wrote: »

But... and there's always a but :pac: if we had somebody else in that position for all of those games, they might have got the same return or more? Now obviously they might not have but if you take Chamberlain for example and put him in Walcott's position with the same service for the same amount of games etc then maybe he might have taking advantage of some of the chances Walcott fluffed, the turnside being he might not have :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Chamberlain was poor again today, wenger doing the right thing the way he is using him, good to hsve diaby and the coq back for the run in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Walcott COULD be a great player, but I dont think he has the consistancy to do it on a weekly basis. On his day, I pity the poor sod who has to try mark him, he does be that good. Unfortunatly he seems to have more off days than on days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

cson wrote: »
    As I said in the match thread **** whatever fixtures the other lot have; if we can't get a minimum 7pts out of the last 3 games then we can't complain if we miss out on the CL.

9/9 has to be the target. 3rd has to be the target.
    Top 4 has to be the target.

We need to win at home to Norwich and try to pick something up next weekend against Stoke. The others will drop points like Newcastle v Chelsea which is still to be played.

Beat Stoke and Norwich and we will have done it.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Top 4 has to be the target.

We need to win at home to Norwich and try to pick something up next weekend against Stoke. The others will drop points like Newcastle v Chelsea which is still to be played.

Beat Stoke and Norwich and we will have done it.
    Well IMO top 3 has to be the target. If we come 4th and somehow Chelsea win the CL then we're fúcked! There's no reason we shouldn't be aiming for 3rd place. 3 winnable games, win them and 3rd place is ours, simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Would love to sign Baines in the summer.

United linked to him in tomorrows papers for not too big a fee

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    United linked to him in tomorrows papers for not too big a fee
    We'd probably have no chance so. Right before the game tomorrow too, Baines out for tomorrow anyways, hope Everton give them a hiding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

We'd probably have no chance so. Right before the game tomorrow too, Baines out for tomorrow anyways, hope Everton give them a hiding :)

Papers often link players to clubs playing each other in the build up.

I forgot to mention the other day that Baines is a real homebird and I don't think he'd move to London.

As far as I know he wasn't considered for England at the World Cup because of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Well IMO top 3 has to be the target. If we come 4th and somehow Chelsea win the CL then we're fúcked! There's no reason we shouldn't be aiming for 3rd place. 3 winnable games, win them and 3rd place is ours, simples.
    Lets hope Barcelona do the biz then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Hopefully QPR take something off tottenham later.

Anything for you dear ............ you now owe us one (next year) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Stoke will best us, we won't be able to break them down. It makes Norwcih and WBA absolute must wins now.

That would leave us on 71 points.

Newcastle have Wigan, Chelsea, City and Everton left to play. You'd have to imagine they'll lose at least one of them. That would have them finishh with 71 also.

Tottenham have Blackburn, Bolton, Villa and Fulham. Definitely the easiest run in but with the form they are in theyl'' most likely drop points there somewhere, I reckon they'll pick up 7 points. Gives them 66.

Chelsea still have an outside chance but with the distractions of the CL and FA Cup I think a late challenge will be too much for them.

3. Arsenal - 71
    4. Newcastle - 71

We have a better goal difference then them by 13 goals which is brilliant. We have to hope we won't fall apart enough to have that pegged back by the Toon, and if we do we don't deserve 3rd tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Frisbee wrote: »
    Stoke will best us, we won't be able to break them down. It makes Norwcih and WBA absolute must wins now.

That would leave us on 71 points.

Newcastle have Wigan, Chelsea, City and Everton left to play. You'd have to imagine they'll lose at least one of them. That would have them finishh with 71 also.

Tottenham have Blackburn, Bolton, Villa and Fulham. Definitely the easiest run in but with the form they are in theyl'' most likely drop points there somewhere, I reckon they'll pick up 7 points. Gives them 66.

Chelsea still have an outside chance but with the distractions of the CL and FA Cup I think a late challenge will be too much for them.

3. Arsenal - 71
    4. Newcastle - 71

We have a better goal difference then them by 13 goals which is brilliant. We have to hope we won't fall apart enough to have that pegged back by the Toon, and if we do we don't deserve 3rd tbh.

Toon won't take 9 from games against Wigan, City, Chelsea and Everton. There'll be a draw, loss and win in there for sure can't see them winning 3.

I think we'll get two wins from 3 atleast wud'nt like to go to WB needing 3 as that will give them something more to go at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

I think Stoke is more winnable than it usually is. We've dropped points because we could (technically) afford to in the last few games, but not now. Stoke are off the back of a hammering from the toon, and we need three points. The team will be fired up and, for once, I'm feeling (cautiously) optimistic about a Stoke game.

Newcastle are up on their high horse atm, but they've got a really hard run-in. They could well drop up to 7 points. So all's not lost lads :P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

We might be **** at football these days but we're actually pretty decent at set pieces now so I can see us beating Stoke. It'd help if Robin hadn't forgotten how to score though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If you look at the remaining games of the others fighting for CL spots, I can't see any of them getting more than 70 points. That means we just need 5 from the last 3 to get 3rd - 1 win & 2 draws. If we can't get that from the fixtures we have, then we don't deserve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Well, Spurs losing yesterday really helped us out.
    Third place is completely in our hands now :)

Vela scored again, great news for arsenal

Might inflate his price a couple of €000's but that's about it.

Sure why would we want someone like Vela?

We have the freescoring Chamakh and Park at our disposal.

Must have Podolski...

Need 2nd striker that is actually useful...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Utd draw today could be crucial for our push 4 3rd, hopefully see a City with everything to play 4 play Newcastle

• Advertisement

We might be **** at football these days but we're actually pretty decent at set pieces now so I can see us beating Stoke. It'd help if Robin hadn't forgotten how to score though.

He clearly doesn't want to score at moment; if he did he would! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Fair play to Vela, best season he's ever had. I'd given up on him to be honest, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see him getting one last chance!

I really hopes Vela makes it at Arsenal - if only to justify the jersey I have :o

L'prof wrote: »
    Fair play to Vela, best season he's ever had. I'd given up on him to be honest, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see him getting one last chance!

How can you get a last chance without ever getting a first chance?

cson wrote: »

Might inflate his price a couple of €000's but that's about it.

Exactly why I think it's great he keeps scoring

• Advertisement

How can you get a last chance without ever getting a first chance?

He's played 62 times for Arsenal, but hasn't been able to impress enough to force his way into the team. If we were playing 442 it might have suited him better, but he's definitely had a chance!

He's never really had a decent run of games really though has he thus not scoring that many goals. Some of the times he was played on the wings too which is a shame. If he had a decent run of games he'd probably hit decent form, we've seen the quality of a few of his goals, he's well capable but I just don't think the EPL suits him, he's probably best off in La Liga. I'd love to see him do well at Arsenal though :)

He's played 62 times for Arsenal, but hasn't been able to impress enough to force his way into the team. If we were playing 442 it might have suited him better, but he's definitely had a chance!

In Carling Cup, meaningless CL group games and the odd game or two at the end of a season when we've nothing to play for. And even at that most as a sub. 29 of those appearances were in the league, I'd imagine over half of them involved less than ten minutes at the end of a game.

He was never given a proper chance to put a run of games together. Even when he was the only fit striker at the club. I'm not saying he should be starting for us or our #1 striker. But loaning out Vela and Bendtner in order to keep Chamakh and Park at the club is criminal tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He didn't exactly work wonders at West Brom either. I don't think he even managed to make himself first choice there, no offence to West Brom, but what chance has he got at Arsenal then?

I certainly agree that they would have contributed more than Park & Chamakh. What's the story with Park anyway? He was captain of a very decent South Korea team. Comes here and doesn't get any playing time worth talking about and has lost his captaincy in the meantime!

Didn't he score like 2 last minute equalisers in his first few games and then get dropped like a week after Hodgson was hired?

I certainly agree that they would have contributed more than Park & Chamakh. What's the story with Park anyway? He was captain of a very decent South Korea team. Comes here and doesn't get any playing time worth talking about and has lost his captaincy in the meantime!

He lost captaincy? Jesus I bet he regrets coming to Arsenal when he could have went to Lille (I think) and could have played a lot of games. He scored that cracker in the League Cup and then I haven't seen him since? He must be absolutely rubbish if Wenger won't even give him 2 minutes.

He lost captaincy? Jesus I bet he regrets coming to Arsenal when he could have went to Lille (I think) and could have played a lot of games. He scored that cracker in the League Cup and then I haven't seen him since? He must be absolutely rubbish if Wenger won't even give him 2 minutes.

Especially when RVP is a little off-form

"Aw, what am I gonna do with ten thousand Park #9 jerseys?"

Didn't he score like 2 last minute equalisers in his first few games and then get dropped like a week after Hodgson was hired?

He scored 2 goals in 8 games according to Wiki and I'm fairly sure they weren't all starts either. Seemed weird how he didn't get played more.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement