Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Gary linekar taking the piss out of wenger tonight was absolutely disgraceful, not a hope In hell would he do that to Fergie or the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Gary linekar taking the piss out of wenger tonight was absolutely disgraceful, not a hope In hell would he do that to Fergie or the likes

Yeah was thinking the same myself when I was watching that, disgraceful from Lineker. Seems like Wenger is an easy target for "pundits" and that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Yeah was thinking the same myself when I was watching that, disgraceful from Lineker. Seems like Wenger is an easy target for "pundits" and that.

What was he saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Surprised at the doubt of finishing third here. Third is Arsenals, and thats incredible. The start of the season was beyond poor, and now to be in this position is unreal. While it was kinda expected, the fight back was brilliant, mostly thanks to RVP, but overall, brilliance from the team.

Hope the league finishes as it is at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭batistuta9

how exactly was he taking the píss out of him?

the stoke fans mocked him after his reaction to the free whitehead got & they called it good humoured/micky taking is that what you mean, that's pretty much what it was - stoke fans taking the piss out of wenger - not much wrong with it

however they didn't mention the other abuse he got & would have been aware of it but managers are abused all the time, so their not going to point it out every time it happens. though the did pick up on the chanting to ramsey & said it was out of order etc.

HazDanz wrote: »
    What was he saying?

you can watch it for yourself here http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/stoke-1-arsenal-1-motd/ go on until around 7 mins if you want to see what the lads are on about lineker, or start at 5 mins & you'll see the wenger reaction to the foul given to whitehead + the stoke fans mocking his reaction to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

batistuta9 wrote: »

how exactly was he taking the píss out of him?

the stoke fans mocked him after his reaction to the free whitehead got & they called it good humoured/micky taking is that what you mean, that's pretty much what it was - stoke fans taking the piss out of wenger - not much wrong with it

however they didn't mention the other abuse he got & would have been aware of it but managers are abused all the time, so their not going to point it out every time it happens. though the did pick up on the chanting to ramsey & said it was out of order etc.

HazDanz wrote: »
    What was he saying?

you can watch it for yourself here http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/stoke-1-arsenal-1-motd/ go on until around 7 mins if you want to see what the lads are on about lineker, or start at 5 mins & you'll see the wenger reaction to the foul given to whitehead + the stoke fans mocking his reaction to it

I mock thee,

From a height.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

I honestly think Sp*rs are now a bigger threat than Newcastle. Newcastle still have to play City and Chelsea and could well come away with nothing out of the two games. They are going to drop points though! Spurs, while their form has been shite, have a very easy run-in. I expect them to take 3 points against Blackburn today and to get their campaign back on track.

However, I think we'll know where we stand much better after Spurs' match today. If they drop any points, third is ours IMO. If they win, we've got to be careful and grind out two wins to secure safety.

Also, interestingly, we're reported to be interested in Lewandowski...after all the chat in here about him, looks like we might be taking a look at him after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Surprised at the doubt of finishing third here. Third is Arsenals, and thats incredible. The start of the season was beyond poor, and now to be in this position is unreal. While it was kinda expected, the fight back was brilliant, mostly thanks to RVP, but overall, brilliance from the team.

The fightback wasn't "expected" at all. We had a great run, which on the basis of what we had seen up to the middle of February was totally unexpected run of wins. We have benefited from a monumental Tottenham collapse (which was rather unexpected and we also benefited from Chelsea having an awful run of form towards the end of AVB's time in charge.

As soon as we get ourselves into pole position for third place we lose two games to relegation battlers and stumble at Stoke again- 8 points lost in the last 4 games; starting to see yet why there is doubt over finishing third? This team has shown recently that it can be very good, but it has also shown on plenty of occasions that it can be a very poor team at times too.

We should beat Norwich, but the chances are that we now face a crucial must win game at West Brom on the final day of the season. West Brom have beaten us a few times in the last few seasons and this is an Arsenal team which seems to perform best when the pressure is off (The run of wins when third seemed dead and buried, the second leg performance against Milan, countless examples from previous seasons.) There are still huge question marks over Arsenal to deliver when it matters.

I believe Arsenal will finish third, but you for some reason seem to have taken third as a given. You should know by now not to take things as a given when it comes to Arsenal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't believe anyone doubts we will finish third at all. It's more to do with the standard of play and the poor quality of the teams we are struggling to beat or draw with. We have lost TEN games and are still third. The Invincibiles would have had this League won at Christmas it's so bad. We have some very poor players that we need to be shipping out and replacing them with footballers.

Diaby out for the season with a hamstring injury.
    Really really feel for the guy such a shame his career was ruined by that tackle, time to let him go this summer though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Really really feel for the guy such a shame his career was ruined by that tackle, time to let him go this summer though

Feel for the guy - no doubt he has talent but I think that was his last time in an Arsenal shirt.

greendom wrote: »

Feel for the guy - no doubt he has talent but I think that was his last time in an Arsenal shirt.

Yeah fully agree
    Was reading a stat there, the year he signed his contract he played 40+ games
    Kinda blows the argument that he shouldn't be on the contract he is on

On his day he was a powerful and effective force in midfield. My favourite memory of him was that stunning header he scored against Liverpool to secure the 1 -0 win.

Luckily Wenger doesnt give a flying f*ck about what Lineker, the Stoke fans, or anyone else thinks. He was infuriated by the scum booing Ramsey yesterday though and quite right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wenger isn't quick to just dump players who are known to have quality in there somewhere. Look at Rosicky, he stuck by him for years and he has finally repaid that faith. I reckon Diaby is on his last chance. If he doesn't get it done next season, he'll be off. Poor chap may end up having to retire if his seasons continue to consist of so few games due to injuries. Wonder if he'd get offered a scouting position like Karbassiyoon if he has to retire early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Definitely think Diaby is staying, Wenger will want to see if he can get a full season out of him again à la Rosicky & van Persie.

L'prof wrote: »
    Definitely think Diaby is staying, Wenger will want to see if he can get a full season out of him again à la Rosicky & van Persie.

If he gets a run of games at all he'll be good for the squad. Awful shame he can't keep fit, I would have had him pegged for a first team place at this stage in his career before his injuries.

I just can't see him getting fit his ankle is shagged and he is getting strains on every muscle in his leg over compensating for hi ankle

A bad Sunday from an Arsenal perspective - here's hoping for a better mid-week

• Advertisement

jordainius wrote: »
    As soon as we get ourselves into pole position for third place we lose two games to relegation battlers and stumble at Stoke again- 8 points lost in the last 4 games; starting to see yet why there is doubt over finishing third? This team has shown recently that it can be very good, but it has also shown on plenty of occasions that it can be a very poor team at times too.

you keep saying that, dunno why but its annoying me - they've dropped 7 points from the last 3 games. or if you want to include the last 4 it's still 7. otherwise carry on :pac:

I don't believe anyone doubts we will finish third at all. It's more to do with the standard of play and the poor quality of the teams we are struggling to beat or draw with. We have lost TEN games and are still third. The Invincibiles would have had this League won at Christmas it's so bad. We have some very poor players that we need to be shipping out and replacing them with footballers.

would this not be the main reason people doubt we'll finish third, it's looking like arsenal have to get 6 points, you expect 3 against norwich at home but away to west brom as bad as it sounds i wouldn't be 100% confident - could end up drawing easily.

A bad Sunday from an Arsenal perspective - here's hoping for a better mid-week

very bad day, chelsea will go & beat newcastle now too i think - although newcastle have been trashed before & came back well from it - and tottenham have finally won again + have 3 winnable fixtures if the turn up.
    if they both win in midweek - squeaky bum time

here's hoping bolton manage at least an attempt at goal against tottenham.

We are still completly in control of 3rd. The boys behind us can rack up massive wins over the next while and have form but if we win the final two games there's not a fudge they can do to get third place.

would this not be the main reason people doubt we'll finish third, it's looking like arsenal have to get 6 points, you expect 3 against norwich at home but away to west brom as bad as it sounds i wouldn't be 100% confident - could end up drawing easily.

very bad day, chelsea will go & beat newcastle now too i think - although newcastle have been trashed before & came back well from it - and tottenham have finally won again + have 3 winnable fixtures if the turn up.

One consolation is how dire Blackburn were and yet Spurs only managed 2 goals.

One consolation is how dire Blackburn were and yet Spurs only managed 2 goals.

They were shocking. Bolton might actually look like they want to stay up so let's hope they put in a shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Woy Hodgson to be offered the England job.Spurs stuck with 'Arry.

That's funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

you keep saying that, dunno why but its annoying me - they've dropped 7 points from the last 3 games. or if you want to include the last 4 it's still 7. otherwise carry on :pac:

Ah, actually yeah, no idea why I got that one mixed up, for some odd reason I thought QPR was one of our last 4 games and I seem to have totally blotted the Man City Game from my memory :confused:

I suppose my point was that we have lost 6 bad points to relegation teams recently. I wouldn't consider the Chelsea and Stoke games as major slip ups, but the QPR and Wigan games could come back to haunt us. Especially with the results today.

That's funny.

I wouldn't like to be in the Redknapp household tonight. One seriously p**ed of old man.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's funny.

Really?!?!? Got a source for this?

Thats hilarious if true :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Really?!?!? Got a source for this?

Thats hilarious if true :D

There you go

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17888928

I just had to google Gallas' first name.

He won't be in a mural any time soon.

• Advertisement

I just had to google Gallas' first name.

He won't be in a mural any time soon.

Thought he was a great defender for us and was really made to suffer when he lost the plot against Birmingham

Thought he was a great defender for us and was really made to suffer when he lost the plot against Birmingham

Yeah his stint at arsenal is almost defined by that. thought he was solid enough personally. A great defender if a very poor captain. Joining Spurs afterwards further skewed opinions of him.

He shouldn't have lost the plot.Captains job.

Ryo Miyiachi to get the winner ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Stoke love in on MOTD 2. Horrible to watch. They have a laugh about the Wenger impressions but don't mention the booing of Ramsey? Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Shower of tossers on the BBC gravy train... made me think of this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

arsenal thread 7.47 love it

come on you gooners

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

keano_afc wrote: »
    Stoke love in on MOTD 2. Horrible to watch. They have a laugh about the Wenger impressions but don't mention the booing of Ramsey? Disgraceful.

I know on MOTD on Saturday night Alan Hansen addressed it and said there was no place in football for that type of behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

They actually talked about how great the Stoke fans were, after they'd spent the game booing someone who had their career threatened on that ground a few years previously. I don't expect MOTD2 to be asking hard hitting questions to their guests, but the face they were actually praising the fans pissed me off.

They actually talked about how great the Stoke fans were, after they'd spent the game booing someone who had their career threatened on that ground a few years previously. I don't expect MOTD2 to be asking hard hitting questions to their guests, but the face they were actually praising the fans pissed me off.

This, and the fact that they were sucking up to the Goblin in a big way. I thought Dion Dubmin was going to kiss him at one stage. Their fans are pond life, and its not just a small minority. The booing of Ramsey was not just done by a few idiots, it was the majority of the ground.

• Advertisement

I'm a bit worried about the West Brom game. Hodgson's last game in charge at WBA - big send off and players pscyhed up to perform. I hope we don't need the 3 points when we play them.

Podolski finally confirmed.Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Confirmed Podolski on the way. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17895063

Meanwhile, somewhere in Hertfordshire, Marouane Chamakh is thinking, 'YES! Now I can do even less work for my £50k a week.'

Robbed that from twitter thought it was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

DenMan wrote: »
    Confirmed Podolski on the way. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17895063

So we were linked with him 8 months in advance, seemed a definate signing 3 months ago other teams were interested and now its confirmed, what the **** is going on at the club!!! why has no one come in and took him off us??

Happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Podolski finally confirmed.Nice.

I have a feeling he is gonna be immense.
    I love him.
    Perfect perfect signing imo.
    Very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Yea it's great that Podolski is officially confirmed and the window isn't even open yet:eek:.... roll on a few more

Some quotes from Arsenal site
    Manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are delighted to secure the deal for Lukas and see him as an important part of our future. He is a top-class player, a very good finisher and a proven performer at club and international level. He is a very strong player and will provide us with good attacking options.

"We are happy to have made this signing early and we are looking forward to watching Lukas contribute at the European Championship over the summer, a level where he has already made 95 caps at the age of 26. That is a phenomenal record and just shows his quality as a player.”

Speaking about his move, Podolski said: “I’m so happy to be joining Arsenal Football Club and to play in the Premier League. Arsenal is one of the top clubs in Europe with a huge history. There are many top quality players at Arsenal and the style of football which the team plays is fantastic. I’m proud to become an Arsenal player and am looking forward to playing my first match at Emirates Stadium and doing my best for all the Arsenal fans.

“I am looking forward to becoming an Arsenal player, but at the moment my focus is with my current club, FC Cologne. I will give everything I have until the end of season to make sure the team finish as high as possible in the Bundesliga. There will always be a place in my heart for FC Cologne.”

Everyone at Arsenal looks forward to welcoming Lukas to the Club in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lovely stuff, reckon he'll be quality for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I have a feeling he is gonna be immense.
    I love him.
    Perfect perfect signing imo.
    Very happy.
    I'm the same I've been a fan of his for years, 26 is a great age aswell hopefully 2 up top, worst case scenario a proper goalscorer alongside RVP in our forward 3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement