Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Disgraceful.

blew it big time. Defenders were all rubbish. terrible performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Might still scrape 4th if City beat Newcastle tomorrow. But we really really dont deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I'm proper upset after that. For all RvPs bliss at one end we can't defend as a unit across the back to help him out. Our 19th different back four this season. Says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

FÚCKING HELL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm beginning to think Sagna is our second most important player. Sounds like we went to crap when he went off. When he was injured we were often horrible in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Defending just as bad when he went off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Defending just as bad when he went off
    exactly plus u cant just bmale teh back 4. teh midfielders in particular song and ramsey both were to blame for most of our defencive errors

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think Sagna is our second most important player. Sounds like we went to crap when he went off. When he was injured we were often horrible in defence.

I agree. But we were one up with ten minutes to go, on a deeper level this team just does not have the bottle to close a game out. We just needed level heads and we couldn't manage the situation.

exactly plus u cant just bmale teh back 4. teh midfielders in particular song and ramsey both were to blame for most of our defencive errors

Hoolihan it seems had a stormer in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The tactics after they went 3-2 up were pathetic. Somebody should have dropped back into midfield. Norwich were running from box to box unchallenged, absolutely mindboggling stuff.

• Advertisement

The tactics after they went 3-2 up were pathetic. Somebody should have dropped back into midfield. Norwich were running from box to box unchallenged, absolutely mindboggling stuff.

Yes, and for a team known for keeping the ball we couldn't just slow the tempo down after going ahead? Hit the ball across the defence and the middle of the park to take the sting out of the game.

Mind Boggling.

Hoolihan it seems had a stormer in midfield.

He had an alright game but how many times did was it 3 on 2 to them, and all because song and Ramsey jogging back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

all too familiar

im in bad ways here

I just want the season to end now and just put us out of our misery. We can look ahead to the summer and hope to god we might add to the signing of Podolski and get rid of some of the deadwood like Santos, Chamakh, Park, Mertsacker, Diaby, Squillachi, Djourou, etc and buy proven class. RVP will be off this summer regardless i think so Wilshere and Chamberlain are the guys we will be building a team around.

Ramsey will eventually come good but needs to cut the stupidity out of his play. He is still young. Even if we finish 4th i believe Chelsea will win the Champions league.

Arteta it would seem proved a big loss in the end. Benayoun in fairness to him ran himself ragged for the club the last year and i wouldnt complain if he was kept on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

all too familiar

im in bad ways here

Lessons still not being learned from past mistakes over the years!!!!

I just want the season to end now and just put us out of our misery. We can look ahead to the summer and hope to god we might add to the signing of Podolski and get rid of some of the deadwood like Santos, Chamakh, Park, Mertsacker, Diaby, Squillachi, Djourou, etc and buy proven class. RVP will be off this summer regardless i think so Wilshere and Chamberlain are the guys we will be building a team around.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

1 point from Wigan and Norwich at home. And its all we deserved being honest. Think City will beat Newcastle, and hopefully Villa can do us a favour. Clutching at straws though, cant see us winning next week. ALmost looks like the team saw a handy finish and thought "now way, this is Arsenal, we have an end of season bottle job to complete and no easy fixtures are gonna stop us."

:confused:

Why the confusion? Mertsacker is slow as a funeral and he wont cut it in the EPL. despite his height he was beaten to a few headers this season. Santos looks overweight and granted he did have an injury but he dont seem to be solid defensively.

keano_afc wrote: »
    1 point from Wigan and Norwich at home. And its all we deserved being honest. Think City will beat Newcastle, and hopefully Villa can do us a favour. Clutching at straws though, cant see us winning next week. ALmost looks like the team saw a handy finish and thought "now way, this is Arsenal, we have an end of season bottle job to complete and no easy fixtures are gonna stop us."

I think spurs and newcastle will both drop points tomorrow but i dont fancy us beating WBA next week after todays performance :o

• Advertisement

Maybe a £20m loss of CL football might make the big time Charlie's on the board with their cigars take this club a bit serious for once and know that its not all about turning a profit. Things like CL football help pay for the stadium and the facilities they are so fond of using.

Sergio wrote: »
    I think spurs and newcastle will both drop points tomorrow but i dont fancy us beating WBA next week after todays performance :o

Newcastle perhaps but Spurs will stuff Villa. The only saving grace is that Richard Dunne is back who was a big loss to Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We were no better when he was on to be honest. How many times did we see Koscielney covering for him in the 1st half alone because he was caught way up the field. Our defending and our goalkeeping was very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Statto still thinks we'll do it, but I can't see us getting any more than a draw at West Brom!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

The champions league final is prob gonna be the biggest game of our season

Why the confusion? Mertsacker is slow as a funeral and he wont cut it in the EPL. despite his height he was beaten to a few headers this season. Santos looks overweight and granted he did have an injury but he dont seem to be solid defensively.

Mert was a great calming influence on the team imo and had improved greatly as the season went on. He would have been ideal for a match like today where you needed some level headed players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

L'prof wrote: »
    Statto still thinks we'll do it, but I can't see us getting any more than a draw at West Brom!
    That hasn't been updated yet they it was 70 before todays game, I fancy they will drop it to 69 though they did that last year spurs had a game left and they figured we'd get 2 points from our last game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

That hasn't been updated yet they it was 70 before todays game, I fancy they will drop it to 69 though they did that last year spurs had a game left and they figured we'd get 2 points from our last game

It has us on 37 games though, so I'd say it has!

Mertesacker didnt start out too well but was getting much better as the season went on. He is very solid in defence and pace is really the only negative against him. He's an excellent third choice CB.

Santos struggled with injuries (he's a perfect fit!) for much of the season but when he finally got a run of games going, he was playing very well. Unless we are going to sign a top quality LB, I have no problem keeping Santos and having him battle with Gibbs for the starting role.

Plently of players should be going before either of those two are even considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The champions league final is prob gonna be the biggest game of our season

Not if we finish 5th

• Advertisement

Gibbs and Santos are 2 very poor left backs.

Djourou and Squillaci are both crap.

Diaby & Ramsey well how many seasons do we give them?

Park should be gone.

Chamakh & Gervinho are both donkeys.

Arshavin, Vela, Bendy and Denilson = Get rid of.

I say get rid of at least 10 of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

wenger out !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Sagna broken fibula, misses Euros. Same leg as at Tottenham. He was kicked on the leg and played on with it

Bad luck for Sagna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

iMuse wrote: »
    Bad luck for Sagna

twice in a season - that's hard to take - hope he recovers ok

Thankfully its the end of the season, we couldnt cope without him for months again. Sucks for him to miss the Euro's though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Caught the second half on the radio driving home, this is pretty much how it felt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muEnLlycOn4

Can't believe the situation the team have gotten themselves into now, not too worried about Newcastle as I expect City to win but Tottenham are hitting form again and I am really not confident of a win over West Brom. Chelsea could very well beat Munich in the final too. If we don't make it into the CL I'd hope it provides the kick up the arse wenger needs this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Next seasons kit, Cant say I like it too much.

203661.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Djourou's a perfectly good 4th choice CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

iMuse wrote: »
    Next seasons kit, Cant say I like it too much.

203661.jpg
    its bad alright. if the red stripes on the sleeve weren't there might be nice. oh well nice to see the crest back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

What ever about today, shocking is an understatement, I think Wenger knows this team has issues and will hopefully fix in the summer. What pisses me most off is RVP, if I'm him I look around the dressing room after today's game and he has to seriously question staying put, we had acup final today Norwich had an end of season we are at home full house and fail what should have been 3 pts, that says too much about this team, if I'm VP I'm out!!!!

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    What ever about today, shocking is an understatement, I think Wenger knows this team has issues and will hopefully fix in the summer. What pisses me most off is RVP, if I'm him I look around the dressing room after today's game and he has to seriously question staying put, we had acup final today Norwich had an end of season we are at home full house and fail what should have been 3 pts, that says too much about this team, if I'm VP I'm out!!!!

He can want out all he likes, I think the club will hold onto him for his last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Köln were relegated today. Poldi's relegation clause activated and could have been had cheaper if Wenger waited a few days.

He can want out all he likes, I think the club will hold onto him for his last year

That's not the point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The mentality of some of the Arsenal players has been in question for the entire season. In games where we get rough treatment from the opposition we have players who shirk their duties and hide. We need to get in a few players who can mix it like the Arsenal teams of old.

Soups123 wrote: »

That's not the point

What's the point so????

What's the point so????

We want our best players to stay because they want to not force them to

He got too goals today in a big game yet too many others didn't bother there hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

If we're in the Champions League next season it's because Newcastle,Spurs and Chelsea weren't good enough.

That's pretty weak.

Still think we will be though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Can't see spurs dropping points tomorrow. Usually going away to a relegation battling side at the end of the season is extremely tough, Villa under McLeish though is a different story.

Don't think Toon will win tomorrow but don't think they'll lose either so at least Arse managed a point today when it looked for long spells like they were gonna get beat.

Either way I don't think it matters as I'd be amazed to see Arse beat West Brom next week. The team badly needs somebody to come in and shake things up but there's just noone there. What I wouldn't give to have Jack Wilshere fit right now.

Dye hear the news about Sagna another broken leg same as the one last october ffs and hes going to miss the euros now aswell.Gutted for him!

• Advertisement

The highlights of today
    The coq I thought he was very good, looking forward to seen more of him next season
    Gervinho was very good second half if only he could find some consistentcy
    And I'm all vertonghen think he can replace Vermalen in centre of defence

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement