Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

browning x bolt accuracy?

Options
  • 16-01-2012 1:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all im curious if anyone knows how accurate the .223 Browning x-bolt is?Im stuck for choice and .223 is what i need.....! Also if someone can tell me what is the max weight bullet a 1:12 barrel twist can shoot/stabilize. Thanks.......:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

cxp1 wrote: »
    Hi all im curious if anyone knows how accurate the .223 Browning x-bolt is?Im stuck for choice and .223 is what i need.....! Also if someone can tell me what is the max weight bullet a 1:12 barrel twist can shoot/stabilize. Thanks.......:D

No help on the browning

1/12 was great with 55 grain or less in my old set up.

I never got to try the 35 grain stuff.
    Data looks like they are screamers

53 grain stuff is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

My 1:12 works well with the Hornady 60g TAP. It won't handle anything heavier than that without key holing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cxp1

thanks "leupold90" thats great to know,what is the longest range you have shot at with those 60g TAP....thanks for your comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

No Idea about 60grn will do, but the Hornady 53grn was hitting a 10'' plate at 775 yards earlier today, I was rather suprised that it reached that distance with any degree of accuracy myself ,plus at that range it rises and drops about 155 inches (20moa +_9.5 windage)so it has fek all punch behind it.
    Paulo was there so Im sure he will agree that in a 1:12 the 53grn super performance are the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

No Idea about 60grn will do, but the Hornady 53grn was hitting a 10'' plate at 775 yards earlier today, I was rather suprised that it reached that distance with any degree of accuracy myself ,plus at that range it rises and drops about 155 inches (20moa +_9.5 windage)so it has fek all punch behind it.
    Paulo was there so Im sure he will agree that in a 1:12 the 53grn super performance are the way to go.

Ya it was cool to see that little 20" .223 hit out that far. It might have had a bit to do with the lad behind the trigger. Those 53g bullets are the business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

My 1:12 cz loves the 40gr v max, they are so feckin flat. Furthest iv fired them was about 300 yards and the group was decent considering id no bipod, they are leathal on foxes too. Next to try is the 53gr superformance.

Brilliant shooting and tanx for posting. im looking at tekka t3 tactical in .223 i think its a real beauty has 1:8 twist so i figure il be able shoot heavier bullets. is it a suitable rifle im planning on doing a bit of distance and more so foxing etc.....what does any1 think....?
    Thanks....

tanx for tat lads vry interesting facts....cheers some day il hit that far out.....!! "poulo6.5" can u tell me what scope ur using on that kit.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

cxp1 wrote: »
    tanx for tat lads vry interesting facts....cheers some day il hit that far out.....!! "poulo6.5" can u tell me what scope ur using on that kit.....?

I am using a zeiss. 6-24x56 on my .243. It is the muts nuts.

When I had my tikka t3 tactical I had a couple of different scopes. From swift premier 3-12x56 to a hawlke sidewinder 6-24x56. Both were great value scopes and worked well.
    I used 55g v-max for fixing as a rule but it would handle most any bullet I tried from 50-75 I never tried anything lighter.

Advertisement