Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free range chicken breasts

Options
  • 16-01-2012 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I've been on the lookout for free range chicken breasts (or if not too costly, organic ones) for the last while & I can't find them anywhere in Galway. Any butcher I've tried has 'normal' ones & they once cooked there is nearly as much water as chicken and not as nice (taste or texture wise).

Do anyone know where they can be got?

Also I'm not bad mouthing any butchers, compared to supermarkets, their chicken breasts are way better, but would perfer to get better ones.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Supermacs do lovely chicken breasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Er, aldi? €3.99 and lovely.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I get packets of free range chicken breasts in joyces all the time out of the fridge not off the butcher.
    They usually have organic ones too.
    I would be surprised if they aren't available off the shelf in tesco and dunnes as well

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭StonedRaider

frasr wrote: »
    I've been on the lookout for free range chicken breasts (or if not too costly, organic ones) for the last while & I can't find them anywhere in Galway. Any butcher I've tried has 'normal' ones & they once cooked there is nearly as much water as chicken and not as nice (taste or texture wise).

Also I'm not bad mouthing any butchers, compared to supermarkets, their chicken breasts are way better, but would perfer to get better ones.

Friendly farmer at the saturday market

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Tesco and Dunnes both do Free Range and Organic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

M&S too. You clearly haven't looked much as all supermarkets have them.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

I think Herterich's do free-range chicken too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 suttonca2597

Dunnes own brand free range chicken breasts are my preferred. Best price compared to Tesco, etc. Aldi ones are also excellent value but Dunnes ones are defo tastier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭eire.man

frasr wrote: »

the halal shop in the same little business park as the subway and off-licence in westside does chicken breasts at an ok price

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Tesco had their "happy living chicken" breast half price last week. €4 instead of €8 or something like that. Very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nujbvi0pwref8c

Friendly farmer at the saturday market
    delicious ! well worth the price, Ronan is his name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Divley do fresh chicken prepacked like 10 breasts for €11. Seems great value.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

newkie wrote: »
    Divley do fresh chicken prepacked like 10 breasts for €11. Seems great value.

Who / Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Martin Divilly's in Westside Shopping Centre, http://www.martindivillybutchers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

I think you'll find that those chicken breasts are far from free range. I also thought it odd that they had a source country of the Netherlands when I checked the label. I recall them having an Irish name but the country of origin was not Ireland.
    Martin Divilly's in Westside Shopping Centre, http://www.martindivillybutchers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

O'Connors butchers in castlelawn heights (opposite menlo park hotel) as well as Tormley Butchers in the GSC stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

fmul9798 wrote: »
    I think you'll find that those chicken breasts are far from free range. I also thought it odd that they had a source country of the Netherlands when I checked the label. I recall them having an Irish name but the country of origin was not Ireland.

I'll have to look at the packaging next time. Their website states all their chicken is Irish and free range. Might be worth phoning and asking.

Advertisement