Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So when are the results due out?

Options
  • 16-01-2012 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

If no one knows then just post here when its announced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

14th Feb I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Yup, the 14th it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

lets hope they don't do what they did with the summer ones. 8am, 2 hours later results went up.

lets hope they don't do what they did with the summer ones. 8am, 2 hours later results went up.

The results usually go up at midnight, or they have done for the 2 and a half years I've been here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Does it just be the results of your exams, or your overall results with CA included?

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Does it just be the results of your exams, or your overall results with CA included?

Overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rinleezwins

Quick question. What happens if one gets a GPA of 2.6 but fails one module?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Quick question. What happens if one gets a GPA of 2.6 but fails one module?
    You have to repeat the subject you failed over the summer.

7.Ronaldo wrote: »

August to be precise.

Quick question, if I fail a subject is my best possible degree a Pass (granted I pass the repeat/this is my last year most likely)?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

What happens if you pass the module overall but failed the exam part?

• Advertisement

phishcakes wrote: »
    What happens if you pass the module overall but failed the exam part?

You should be ok, but some lecturers make you pass both so email your lecturer to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

You should be ok, but some lecturers make you pass both so email your lecturer to confirm.

yeah i emailed student services and they said "You have passed all your modules and have achieved a gpa of more than 2.0. You will not have to repeat any exams." even though i don't think i passed maths

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CA etc is included, for us anyway. Most exams are 60 to 70% of the overall grade. I failed the Maths exam (by 3%) but got a C overall because I did great on the mid term a few months ago.

What percentage equates to what grade? I got 45% in Science, but the grade is saying C? I thought that would have been a D? Not complaining or anything :D I'm delighted with my results, overall those two were my worst by far. Just thought the letter/number combo didnt add up.

phishcakes wrote: »
    yeah i emailed student services and they said "You have passed all your modules and have achieved a gpa of more than 2.0. You will not have to repeat any exams." even though i don't think i passed maths
    You should be fine so. Go into your results and click the ID link on the left side of the module and it should give you more detailed information on the module such as CA grade, exam grade and whether or not passing the exam part of the module is mandatory. This should clarify it. Failing that I'd say go with what student services have told you or email your lecturer to be sure.

Here is the breakdown of the grades:

100-80%= A 4.0
    70-80 = B+ 3.5
    60-70 = B 3.0
    55-60 = B- 2.75
    50-55 = C+ 2.5
    40-50 = C 2.0
    35-40 = D 1.5

Quick question, if I fail a subject is my best possible degree a Pass (granted I pass the repeat/this is my last year most likely)?

Anyone?

Anyone?
    It depends what year it is. If it is the final year of a degree or honours degree then the best you can achieve is a pass grade.

It depends what year it is. If it is the final year of a degree or honours degree then the best you can achieve is a pass grade.

Cheers and sh*te.

Advertisement