Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Wireless N, Dual-Band, Modem-Router?

Options
  • 16-01-2012 6:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, it's time to upgrade my wireless network, as the introduction of another console, and netflix, has put it under pressure!

I'm looking for a modem router (adsl via UTV), with a budget of up to €150.
    Primary use is for wireless internet connection, it would be handy if I could connect a usb HDD to it for media streaming, but this is not a deal breaker.

I currently have a linksys wireless router, connected to a seperate modem, but I'd prefer an all-in-one solution.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If you are using it primarily for internet and UTV's maximum offering is 40Mb , if you have fibre optic and are close to an exchange.

What benefit do you expect to get from an 'n' rated router, especially as all devices connecting to it will have to have 'n' rated adapters.

Advertisement