Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 interchange flyover city bound

Options
  • 16-01-2012 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed the goings on in relation to the flyover that takes you from D15 toward the city?

You now cross over a ramp that takes you down past the TravelLodge.

If your on the N3 and heading by the back of Currys you can hit 80kph, by the time you reach the hospital entrance you must get down to 60kph, nothing unusual there as such but once you get to the ramp that takes you past the old m50 roundabout and city bound you must reduce to 30kph, that's 20mph give or take.

There is four problems here and I had a go at adhering to it Sunday morning.

(1) First and foremost on the top of that ramp hidden behind the overhead bridge is Gardi positioned with a speed gun every weekend since the turn of the year. They are actually hiding and that is something they stated they would not do as they wanted to educate and deter people form speeding.

(2) 30kph on a busy M50 intersection is almost impossible to achieve and it'll cause more accidents than the reduction is trying to prevent.

(3) I tried to gradually go from 60 to 30kph on Sunday morning and I was given a tough time by trailing cars, now I did slow gradually and not suddenly. Now I know the guards were hiding higher up the ramp out of sight and I was not speeding but anyone who needs to get to 30kph and follow the law is in serious trouble of being rear ended with the alternative to stay at 40, 50 or 60 and receive an €80 fine from the Garda hiding further ahead and points to your license.

(4) If we had the winter this year that we had the last two years you would struggle to get up that ramp at 30, especially if your rear wheel drive and I am rear wheel drive. 50 would be about right to get up it safely and promptly without spinning to the side.

The reaction I got from motorists behind me is enough to write to the NRA or the GARDI to let them know. I am probably wasting my time but 30kph on that ramp is not right, it's madness.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement