Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish times today !!! - interview with Martin Fagan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Tombo2000

tunney wrote: »
    Lets all make/accept all the excuses and welcome him back with open arms.
    That sound like a plan that suits people here.

He is a doper, a cheat,a fraud. He also suffers from depression. The latter does not change the former and he should not, IHMO, still be held in the high regard that so many of you obviously hold him.

Pitied yes, respected never again.

I dont see anyone saying he should be back running for ireland in two years time.

I see people saying they can understand the human story behind what has happened here.

I get a strong sense of betrayal here amongst some posters; personally I fail to see that Martin Fagan or any other Irish athlete owes all that much to the irish public. Top athletes give a lot more than they get back; even in the case of Martin Fagan. Athletes do collosal amounts of training and give up a huge part of their lives and get very little in return from the Irish public or from the Irish government. I dont see where this sense of betrayal comes from, as it highlights a sense of entitlement that is not really deserved. Its quite clear that a guy a lot of people thought was 'living the dream' was quite patently not living the dream, and far from it, even before EPO came into the picture.

To put it another way, if this athlete had been properly funded, one could make a reasonable argument that he wouldnt have found himself in the situation he was in, taking everything he says at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

SWL wrote: »
    I am fully aware of depression and its outcomes, there are different levels or stages of depression

Do we know what stage Martin Fagan was at? I don't claim to based on the interview in the Times. I'll just accept his explanation for why he took the EPO. As I've said before, he'll serve his ban, as he should.
    which is why I don't understand why someone can seek medical help and then claim that it’s the illness that lead them to take EPO rather than admitting it was taken to gain an unfair advantage which has nothing to do with depression as an illness.

So are we saying that because he'd sought medical help his depression was cured? There is generally more to do to resolve depression than popping pills. And I believe this case looks like a classic case of someone getting medicated but not addressing the root cause through non-medical means such as counselling. Thinking medical help will point blank solve depression is akin to believing an average runner taking EPO will become a top level runner.
    Was Cathal Lombard, Michelle Smith, David Millar etc. were they depressed also?

Not relevant in my view. Once we're 18 we're free to make our own decisions, which we make for our own reasons.

I'm sure some doppers feel they are entitled to do so in the sort of "everyone else is so it's just levelling the field" attitude.

Some probably just have a "win by any means" type attitude.

Some are probably fame hungry and see doping as a route to it.

Etc. etc.

So if Martin Fagan doped as he says he was at a low point in his life and saw it as a way to get back to happier times, take him on his word and maybe judge him on his actions between now and a few years after he's served his ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

The hypocrisy on this thread is beyond belief when you compare this with the Cathal Lombard situation.
    At the end of the day people on here only knew both people as athletes, personal circumstances are another discussion entirely, and not for an athletics forum.
    They should be both therefore judged here as sports people in the case of trying to gain an advantage in their field using banned substances.

If this was Marrion Jones, Usain Bolt or Paula Radcliffe would there be so much fawning?
    Not at all, it would be looked at objectively, with regards to how it impacts the sport.

Why don't the moderators censor any posts sympathising with his use of depression as valid reasons for drug taking along with those being critial of this being used as an explaination for cheating?
    This is a sports forum right?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

tunney wrote: »
    Pitied yes, respected never again.
    I think those are the underlying sentiments across the board. Some folks just choose to interpret responses in a different way, to suit their point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

The hypocrisy on this thread is beyond belief when you compare this with the Cathal Lombard situation.
    At the end of the day people on here only knew both people as athletes, personal circumstances are another discussion entirely, and not for an athletics forum.
    They should be both therefore judged here as sports people in the case of trying to gain an advantage in their field using banned substances.

If this was Marrion Jones, Usain Bolt or Paula Radcliffe would there be so much fawning?
    Not at all, it would be looked at objectively, with regards to how it impacts the sport.

Why don't the moderators censor any posts sympathising with his use of depression as valid reasons for drug taking along with those being critial of this being used as an explaination for cheating?

I think in a fourm people are allowed have different views and even by wishing martin the best in the future, doesn't mean you support his actions. I'd believe that all records and a life time ban should apply, But thats not the rules. There is a lot more to life and i'd rather Fagan sorts himself out and don't run for ireland agian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Tombo2000

I take your point that people reacted very differently to Cathal Lombard and to Geraldine Hendricken.

I suppose a difference is that the two above went from being average enough runners to world beaters overnight as a result of taking drugs, in much the same way that Michelle Smith did.

In Fagan's case, I think the assumption on this thread is that he has been clean for most of his career, has great talent and has put in some great performances as a clean athlete, found his career stymied by injury and having giving up the past ten years of his life to athletics was on the cusp of missing out on the Olympics.....and that this was either the last act of a desperate man who was not thinking rationally or it was his way of saying, I've had enough I want out.

Nonetheless, I would accept your point.

Incidentally, why are personal circumstances not allowed to be part of the discussion in your view......if they are so clearly relevant to one's performance as an athlete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Not one person be it here or in fact Martin himself is using depression as a valid reason to take the drugs. He accepts his ban without appeal for a B testing, doesnt claim innocence.

Mod:The reason your posts have been censored is because they are bang out of order. They wouldnt be tolerated in mental health forums and wont be tolerated here. There is more leeway in terms of the talk here than more sensitive forums regarding the topics because it is a sports forum but flippant comments will continue to be snipped by moderators

On your point about it being a sports forum

Did Stuart Downings arrest make the soccer forum? how bout Ravel Morrison? Terry's pending court case? Are these strictly soccer related?

Like it or not you cannot attack a person here solely based on sport without taking human factors on board.

Does that mean they vindicate his actions? Not in the slightest as I and many have said before 2 year bans are a joke. People here are talking about his general welfare as a human being beyond the sport. This is bigger than the Sport, Bigger than London 2012

One angle which has not been covered that well is an athlete whose sole focus has been on the sport his whole adult life inevitably emotionally becomes entangled with it. You feel good when running well but can be a tough when injured sick or running poorly. Most of us at that stage can pack it in and fall back on our real lives outside our hobby. Imagine you have invested your life and money in that meaning you can't get out as easy meaning in order to feel good you have to be running well you decide only way to feel good is taking something to make you run well (not in terms of competition but just everyday running and training)

Not a justification in terms of the sport but I am talking human nature here and is one angle

Cancer victims are one example of this taking marijuana to ease nausea, this is an illegal substance which is exempt in certain circumstances

(I am not talking in relation to the sport here I am talking general welfare as that is what majority of people are discussing, no one is hoping he gets off and many feel they 2 yea ban is too short)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Clearlier wrote: »
    I suspect that we can all agree that if it was a calculated decision then he deserves no sympathy.

Yes, however a calculated decision can be interpreted differently too and it has most significant consequences for himself.

If it was calculated to reach his own demon and nail himself to the cross for self preservation, we will undoubtledy take him down when we feel he has endured enough punishment and even listen to him again.

If it was calculated to manipulate, he will do it again. The real addiction is getting away with it.

You are either glass half full or half empty. You have faith in people or you dont. I personally feel that he is just another troubled talent and I wish him the best once he has served his ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭RandyMann

I think its a good result for his family and friends that Martin is still alive and he can now recover from his mental ill health with their love and support.
    The sport will go on regardless and a ban will serve its purpose.
    This story may help other athletes in similar predicaments to seek help before things get too bad.
    I hope Martin Fagan does get well and compete again when he serves his ban to prove you can come back from this and show that sport is really only sport and not something worth dying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

The only thing most of us know on this thread as a matter of fact is that he tested positive for EPO. People very close to him can confirm or deny the depression but without some test being performed by medical professionals and the results being made public we won't know for certain that he suffers from depression or not.

Nobody close to Martin in athletics is denying he had mental problems. All the evidence in recent interviews on paper and radio by various people would suggest he did actually have issues. If that's the case and he's genuinley sick it's unfair to slate the man's health in public. He needs support for his depression, not public humiliation (he's already brought that upon himself).

I've backed up Martin many times on this forum before and I'll support him now but only at a personal level. For obvious reasons I can't support him as an athlete anymore. With one major mistake he's ruined his career and reputation and quite rightly deserves his ban. I feel the same way about that as I would about any other doper. I don't think we'll see him run again anyway, even if he was welcomed back after a two year ban, because he seems happy to have the pressures of athletics off his shoulders right now.

Call him a cheat all you like. Make sensational claims that he's ruined the reputation of athletics in Ireland if you wish. Shout for life bans for all I care. But leave the depression issues aside. Nobody disputes he's cheated, nobody disputes he should be banned. But from all the evidence available to us nobody should be rubbishing his state of mind. Depression is a serious issue and shouldn't be taken lightly. I'm disappointed with what he's done but I wish him the best in making a full recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

I hate what he's done but I sympathise with how he got there. For me, running is a daily means for me for de-stressing after work and when life seems especially hard, a run usually does wonders for clearing my head. I would find it very tough if running was the stressor, that would be my outlet gone. If theres any learning from this, its that there needs to be better support for athletes, recognition that the enjoyment of the sport that made them so good at it to begin with can work against them later on and they need other outlets as sources of enjoyment when the running has become the day job rather than the hobby.

This news though has been a bit of a paradise lost moment for me - its only now I am coming to the realisation that they are only catching amateur, solo dopers like Martin but that if athletes make a determined effort to dope & evade the odds are greatly in their favour of not getting caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

RandyMann wrote: »
    I think its a good result for his family and friends that Martin is still alive and he can now recover from his mental ill health with their love and support.
    The sport will go on regardless and a ban will serve its purpose.
    This story may help other athletes in similar predicaments to seek help before things get too bad.
    I hope Martin Fagan does get well and compete again when he serves his ban to prove you can come back from this and show that sport is really only sport and not something worth dying for.
    I guess this is the slippery slope that people are afraid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Frankly I have a problem with the 'ban him for life' idea being bandied about. Banning people for life is the athletics equivalent of capital punishment. I dont think it will necessarily stop people doping (as captial punishment doesnt stop people commiting murders, treason etc).

Always offer people a chance (not matter who they are) to redeem themselves I say. In life, in sport, everywhere. We all make mistakes, and a world where the punishment is absolute and permanent is a very tough world indeed. the current system where you get a second chance, but not a third, is a good one IMO.

He made a big mistake. One he is unlikely to repeat. Punish him for sure (two years without income and ability to run is pretty steep and appropriate IMO).

While it looks like the last thing he wants to do is run at the moment, hes only 28 and I hope he will be able to come back.

Which would you rather be able to tell your kid?

A) that guy made a big mistake, paid for it, and look at him now, clean and winning.

B) that guy made a big mistake, we never gave him a second chance and his life was never the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

or c) look what happens when you take drugs, you get banned for life and you can't compete in the sport you love.

There have been enough muilitple offenders in different sport to suggest your claim that 'he won't do it again' is hopeful, at best.

You can't just decide on a case by case basis. I'd advocate a new rule being brought in that all future dopers receive lifetime bans. Clear and unambiguos. Everyone knows the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Tombo2000 wrote: »
    To put it another way, if this athlete had been properly funded, one could make a reasonable argument that he wouldnt have found himself in the situation he was in, taking everything he says at face value.

Good point, someone else mentioned he chased prizes rather than medals but from the article it appears he had no choice, the money had to come from somewhere.

On his depression, hopefully his candid description of it's effects on him will throw a light on the illness helping remove some of the stigma associated with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

It's an emotive subject alright.

It was an interesting point that someone else raised that a criminal like a burglar or worse will get released from jail and effectively gets a 2nd chance.

Whereas an athlete can be banned for life it seems and get's no 2nd chance. I'm not saying taking performing enhancing drugs is acceptable as it's not, but sometimes I feel there's a bit of a hysterial knee-jerk reaction to things. At the end of the day, hasn't hurt anyone but himself. He didn't steal from someone to buy the EPO.

It was a stupid decision and one he obviously regrets. But if the story is genuine, the bigger issue here is his depression and getting his head straight should be the top priority. Yeah it's disappointing for the sport but it's unlikely to cause it's downfall and a person's life and well being are more important than sport.

Whether I'd say the same thing if it was some other athlete, it's hard to say. You can't imagine Usain Bolt getting the same amount of sympathy if it were him, but then it's not an apples to apples comparison. Bolt could probably retire tomorrow and would have enough money to last him for the rest of his life. Fagan seemed like he was just scraping by and hanging on. Again I'm not justifying it, but could we really say that in his place we wouldn't do the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

G-Money wrote: »
    It was an interesting point that someone else raised that a criminal like a burglar or worse will get released from jail and effectively gets a 2nd chance.

But they're not trusted any more, they don't get the benefit of the doubt, and so they'd have a hard time getting a job. Which is the same for Martin Fagan - he's not going to jail, and he'll be allowed race again in two years. But he has no credibility any more.

Which is not to say we can't sympathise with the man. We can sympathise with criminals too, you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Whereas an athlete can be banned for life it seems and get's no 2nd chance.

But say a security guard is caught stealing. he's unlikely to get another job as a security guard. Thats the comparison.

A banned athlete can go off and get another job, and live a seperate life. He just can't be an athlete, because he chose to cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

Whereas an athlete can be banned for life it seems and get's no 2nd chance.
    My understanding from the responses to my previous posts is that a drug abusing athlete cannot be banned for life - only for 2 years. The previous efforts by the national Olympic associations to impose a stricter lifetime ban have been shot down in the courts.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/8895373/London-2012-Olympics-Lord-Moynihan-challenges-WADA-over-life-bans-for-drug-cheats.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

so this is my first post ever so thought id give a brief background...

young runner but been around for years (part of an athletics family). have the genetics and the talent but haven produced the results since juveniles. enjoyed the college lifestyle which resulted in athletics taking a back seat and the weight piling on (freshers 14 i believe they call it in the states). jeans were getting a bit tight so started bck the running.. gt training..gt racing..and training. and even more training. 18mnths dwn the line am border line being admitted into st pats. training as much as possible, losing too much weight and not taking in enough calories but seeing no way of stopping. made worse by the fact that i was actually getting results on the track. did what the coach told me to do in training, and then did my own thing too (not resting). just completely addicted and seeing no way out.. but it wasn't anorexia. it was depression. a few trips to the doctor and visits to a councillor, some medication prescribed and 6 mnths dwn the line am much better able to cope but hard to know if you're ever cured.

i understand exactly how martin fagan was feeling.. it really was the only way out. the only way he could stop athletics was if he was banned. athletics is addictive and coupled with a mental illness, you get in to a viscious cycle that takes over and you just can't stop. its horrible how his life and the life of all those who helped him b the athlete he was is now tainted and so is athletics in ireland but i do see how one could make the decision he did. hopefully we can get passed this and focus on the athletes that are doing well the good old fashioned way, such as britton, byrne, and now ava. it might be useful to put more emphasis on sport psychology, to find the problems before they become one to prevent other athletes feeling the same as fagan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Ciaran O'Lionaird on that Kiernan interview:

"Gotta love Jerry Kiernan's ridiculous statements saying nobody outside Kenya/Ethiopia will get a look in 1500 up. Bizarre."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Having read this and the previous thread it seems everyone is agreed that he doped, cheated ... whatever you want to call it. No one, but no one, has suggested any different.

It seems to me that there are two seperate discussions here:

1) Is a two year ban sufficent for doping offences or should it be a life ban ?

I'm no expert, but I worry about "absolutes" in any circumstances. Given how short the life of a pro athlete is two years is a hugh chunk of their career. I also worry about mistakes. There is so much over the counter containing banned ingedients. A blanket ban is too much, maybe keep the standard two year ban and have other cases on a case by case basis. I think we all feel queasy seeing someone come back from a ban to competing again. But I'm even more uneasy about what would result from blanket life bans.

2) Does he deserve our sympathy OR Why do we feel differently about Martin Fagan ?
    But already I wake up in the morning with a great sense of relief that I don’t have to go running. If I never run another race again I don’t care. That might change down the road, and I would like to get that passion back, just the joy of running, but right now I have other problems to sort, just get myself mentally stable again.

It is a question to whether you think this was a cynical effort to cheat or a cry for help.

If this was an attempt to cheat it was a pretty weak effort. He ordered it over the internet .. on his own name. He made no effort to avoid the testers. Reading both IT articles ( the second is
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0116/1224310310398.htm ) it seems that this was a guy who decided to torpedo his own career in a way that left no room for second-guessing.
    I can only imagine the reaction if Fagan has turned up after Chicago and said "That's it - can't do it anymore". He'd have been put under pressure to return. This was there was no turning back. This was like tearing up the photos of the ex after the breakup. In this case running is the ex.

I'm guessing here, but the decision to stay in the US, try long distance coaching, left him isolated with too much time on his hands. He was unable to work due to visa restrictions, and spending too much time in his own head - without anyone around to spot the trouble brewing, that he'd gone off the anti-depression meds, that he was skipping training. Skipping training itself (and his periods of injury) probably contributed to the depression, leaving him a vicious downward spiral. Psychology in the US is very orientation to medication - even assuming he had health care insurance (a big assumption) other than the meds which he had stopped taken it is difficult to find other support or follow up.

Having been sidelined through injury for most of the last seven months, I feel like I've got some glimpse of what dealing with chronic injury is like. I can't imagine what this would be like if this was my career.
    I only cared about the running, not the Martin Fagan.

To me the interviews seem credible. I hope the guy gets help. To be blunt : I don't want to read about him on the front page of the paper anytime soon.

I can't explain why - and it's a bit weird - but reading his interview has given me a kick up the backside to find some way to get back on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bella mamma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

The more I've read about this issue, the least I think it was a cynical attempt to cheat. Hope he can now take time out and get himself sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭longjump67

Official statement from AAI and Irish Sports Council RE Martin Fagan.

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=22857

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Fagan is essentially saying "I only did it once when my life/career was going really badly and got caught through bad luck and coincidence".

I think it is dangerous to take accounts like this at face value without corroborating evidence.

His story is credible but that doesn't make it true. He might say exactly the same thing if he'd doped for years but wanted to keep open the option of returning to competition (with public support) after a ban.

David Millar (cyclist) tells a similar story in his autobiography. He claims that he successfully competed clean for years, and then only doped briefly, he's very sorry, is now a part of the anti-doping subculture, etc etc. But the fact is that this story allowed him to resume his pro career after the ban was up (albeit without any chance of Olympic competition due to Team GB rules), so he was incentivised to tell such a story story regardless of the truth.

I think the healthiest response is on the one hand to take it at face value as far as lessons for keeping other athletes clean, but also to bear in mind that any testimony from a proven cheat is by nature tainted.

I have great sympathy for anyone struggling with depression, but at the same when an athlete is proven to have cheated it calls into question all the achievements of their career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

Lumen wrote: »
    Fagan is essentially saying "I only did it once when my life/career was going really badly and got caught through bad luck and coincidence".

I think it is dangerous to take accounts like this at face value without corroborating evidence.

His story is credible but that doesn't make it true. He might say exactly the same thing if he'd doped for years but wanted to keep open the option of returning to competition (with public support) after a ban.

David Millar (cyclist) tells a similar story in his autobiography. He claims that he successfully competed clean for years, and then only doped briefly, he's very sorry, is now a part of the anti-doping subculture, etc etc. But the fact is that this story allowed him to resume his pro career after the ban was up (albeit without any chance of Olympic competition due to Team GB rules), so he was incentivised to tell such a story story regardless of the truth.

I think the healthiest response is on the one hand to take it at face value as far as lessons for keeping other athletes clean, but also to bear in mind that any testimony from a proven cheat is by nature tainted.

I have great sympathy for anyone struggling with depression, but at the same when an athlete is proven to have cheated it calls into question all the achievements of their career.

Very good post. I am not 100% comfortable with all this. We are taking what he said to IOR as gospel and yet he is a cheat. Do you trust a cheat. In athletics the most heinous crime is doping. Its not murder or other stuff in the real world but in athletics its as bad as it gets. IOR has always been a huge fan of his so he is possibly biased, maybe not. On the opposite, Cliona Foley has been quite cynical.

There are some things I am not sure of that possibly need to be clarified but probably never will be. I want to believe but I'm not 100%

Who was his friend that had the apartment?
    Why did he go to this friend?
    If he wanted to be caught why not stay and do it in Flagstaff where he knew testers may come to?
    Did he know what was going on?
    How did Fagan know so much about EPO and how it should be taken or not?
    Where was Fagan going to store the drugs for the two weeks (EPO must be stored in a fridge, was this ok with his friend)?
    Was it just bad luck they tested him on the first day of drug use?
    Why did the ISC ask for him to be tested, was it just good luck on their part?
    He was tested on December 10th but didn't come clean until January 16th, why not earlier?
    When exactly did his coach know?
    Keith Kelly said he was told just after xmas and then quickly said the New Year on Radio, was that just a slip of the tongue in an otherwise flawless interview?
    Why did Fagan take so long to tell Kelly?
    Why did Kelly take so long to come clean?
    Was Kelly in depression or denial also and was he going to keep it quiet until they got the results?
    Did he come clean or were they waiting for the results?
    When exactly were the results announced to Fagan and Kelly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

thirtyfoot wrote: »
    Very good post. I am not 100% comfortable with all this. We are taking what he said to IOR as gospel and yet he is a cheat. Do you trust a cheat. In athletics the most heinous crime is doping. Its not murder or other stuff in the real world but in athletics its as bad as it gets. IOR has always been a huge fan of his so he is possibly biased, maybe not. On the opposite, Cliona Foley has been quite cynical.

There are some things I am not sure of that possibly need to be clarified but probably never will be. I want to believe but I'm not 100%

Who was his friend that had the apartment?
    Why did he go to this friend?
    If he wanted to be caught why not stay and do it in Flagstaff where he knew testers may come to?
    Did he know what was going on?
    How did Fagan know so much about EPO and how it should be taken or not?
    Where was Fagan going to store the drugs for the two weeks (EPO must be stored in a fridge, was this ok with his friend)?
    Was it just bad luck they tested him on the first day of drug use?
    Why did the ISC ask for him to be tested, was it just good luck on their part?
    He was tested on December 10th but didn't come clean until January 16th, why not earlier?
    When exactly did his coach know?
    Keith Kelly said he was told just after xmas and then quickly said the New Year on Radio, was that just a slip of the tongue in an otherwise flawless interview?
    Why did Fagan take so long to tell Kelly?
    Why did Kelly take so long to come clean?
    Was Kelly in depression or denial also and was he going to keep it quiet until they got the results?
    Did he come clean or were they waiting for the results?
    When exactly were the results announced to Fagan and Kelly?

What exactly do you or anyone else have to gain from having those questions answered?...Maybe time to let sleeping dogs sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

drquirky wrote: »
    What exactly do you or anyone else have to gain from having those questions answered?...Maybe time to let sleeping dogs sleep.

Sure, better to write this one off as an anomaly and sweep it under the carpet.

Advertisement