Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Session

Options
  • 16-01-2012 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Couldn't have ask for more, first four hour surf of the year on what was like a summers day with three others on a left and right, absolutely shattered:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

nice one!
    got a lovely session this morning first light, shoulder high, clean rights with a little off shore, peeling perfectly and only 3 on it, dream of times like those :D
    looks like it's going away now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭slimgsi

being a beginner i was in rossnowlagh, perfect waves but sets were extremely slow coming in, but one of the cleanest days ive seen in rossnowlagh, good crowd out as wel.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

Had a good one Friday night for the sunset, can't beat it.

One gets spoiled when the conditions are on lol

Yesterday was a great day, just like summer. Fun waves too.

Anyone else out?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

keryl wrote: »
    Yesterday was a great day, just like summer. Fun waves too.

Anyone else out?

Yep, had a nice surf on some small glassy waves in achill. Was better saturday evening, shoulder high sets pealing nicely. Best I've seen keel since september. Saw a Whale breaching offshore, i **** you not :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Good clean session on Saturday, nice to see the sun out too!! Wasn't as good yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Yep Saturday was decent, weather really made the session!

great to hear so many people getting in good quality sessions round the place. got a lovely session friday on a north sligo reef, 3 of us sharing a right, little offshore wind and 4 - 6 feet faces, nothing too big and so long.... as good as it gets....

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

great to hear so many people getting in good quality sessions round the place. got a lovely session friday on a north sligo reef, 3 of us sharing a right, little offshore wind and 4 - 6 feet faces, nothing too big and so long.... as good as it gets....

It was superb...I think I was one of the other guys on the right!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yep, had a nice surf on some small glassy waves in achill. Was better saturday evening, shoulder high sets pealing nicely. Best I've seen keel since september. Saw a Whale breaching offshore, i **** you not :eek:

Seen the piece in the Irish Whale and Dolphin site:cool:

Irishmarinelife.ie had it on his twitter...

Must have been crazy.

A speed boat came up to the waves on Sunday, that's the highlight of my sightseeing lol, still, was a first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Couldn't asked for better, early start to arrive in Sligo at first light, scored glassy conditions for a few hours, than listened to arsenal trash spurs on the way home :D

What can I say, had a right hand point all to myself this morning :D

Two world class waves, loads of decent attempts/runs and a hell of a lot of paddling and I am super stoked:D:D:D

rodento wrote: »
    What can I say, had a right hand point all to myself this morning :D

Two world class waves, loads of decent attempts/runs and a hell of a lot of paddling and I am super stoked:D:D:D

nice work! nothing like the stoke it can't be beaten!

got fourth day in a row on a north sligo reef this morning. clean overhead lefts with gentle offshore. this current swell just keeps giving :D

Could have done without my noise offloaded in a salad bag I was filling in the veg shop when I got home, kinda mortified

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Had a nice surf last sunday in gowlane, was surprised to see about 20 others in the water.
    I only started 6-7 years ago but the difference in the amount of surfers nowadays is crazy.
    I remember spending the first 2-3 winters alone with a friend until seeing some others out there eventually, and they were mostly foreigners back then (well by the sounds of their accents).
    Plenty irish fellows to be heard these days which is nice I guess.

one of the best sessions i've ever had this morning :D
    sligo reef, offshore, clean, non hairy take offs and good few of the sets overhead.
    said i'd keep track dont know why, 13 lefts and a scabby right. i go to bed at night dreaming about times like this morning. my stoke is back in a big way!

Think everyone has benefited from this swell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

anyone been out in Dublin recently?

Advertisement