Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lydia Missing - Help please

Options
  • 16-01-2012 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Anyone know how to locate Lydia? I had thought she was dead as she was ripped apart by a Blood Dragon about 15+ hours ago and hasn't re-spawned. However, I have tried on 2 occasions since to get another follower (Erandor and someone else), on both occasions they have refused stating "it looks like you already have someone" (or words to that affect).

I'm playing on a PS3 and I've already tried:
    Sleeping in Breezehome hoping she would be there the next morning.
    Fast-travelling to numerous cities / dungeons.
    Searching all inns in Whiterun.
    Searching Dragons Reach.
    Extensively searching the area where the Blood Dragon chewed her up.

Any other suggestions? If there a way to find where she is? Or even a way to "de-commit" her from my service so I am free to have another follower.

Help please, :confused:

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 9 wololo

Sounds like she has completely bugged out on you, I had her disappear under the floor once when she was hit by a trap and she didn't appear in whiterun until I had turned it off for the night and she was there the next morning when I started playing again. Knowing the game it was complete fluke she was back but it may be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

I think there are some quests which will do the trick. Have you done the companions quests yet? As far as I remember, there is a quest(s) in there during which you are accompanied by another companion, and they automatically overwrite your follower. It's been a while since I did those quests though, so I may be mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    I think there are some quests which will do the trick. Have you done the companions quests yet? As far as I remember, there is a quest(s) in there during which you are accompanied by another companion, and they automatically overwrite your follower. It's been a while since I did those quests though, so I may be mistaken.

Thats correct, there are a few Companions quests that over ride your current companion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

or there are adventurers that will follow you for a few hundred gold, like in riften in the inn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

JBnaglfar wrote: »

I'm still fairly noob - when you join the companions, will Lydia come back or is she gone for good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

geeky wrote: »
    I'm still fairly noob - when you join the companions, will Lydia come back or is she gone for good?

If she's alive she should be waiting for you in your house, assuming that you have a house. If not, I think she waits in Dragonsreach.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I had something similar happen to me but she turned up sitting in a chair in one of the rooms in Breezehome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I think it's 48 hours for her to re-appear, lost here while chasing/robbing/murdering some travelling wedding guests near Markath and had to wait the time it probably took her to walk back home... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Oh poor Lydia, where art thou? She's still M.I.A.

She hasn't turned up yet and potential followers still telling me that "it looks like you already have someone"...............even the mercenaries are refusing to join up with me!!

Have resigned to forging ahead on my own...........could do with her help at times though.

Advertisement