Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of Irish Gigs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    It depends what you go for? I like rock, metal and some indie stuff and last year was focking diabolical for gigs.

The years previous I couldn’t keep up with the flow of bands coming to these shores, I was broke from buying tickets. Last year I went to a handful, I’ve a feeling this year will fair no better.

I suppose it depends on the size gigs you are looking at aswell - I'm into Rock/Metal mainly but I do go to a lot of different types of stuff - I hit 29 gigs last year and a couple of Festivals across the water, and I've already got 19/20 booked in for this year, mind you I go to a lot of smaller shows, but 4 or 5 in the O2 - which is about normal, if memory serves me correctly 2010 was above average for bigger bands hitting here ......

maybe we have been a bit spoilt and now expect everyone to come here every year - this is only mid Jan so I'm sure there's plenty of stuff to get announced for the rest of it.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

I would say it's a lack of good bands/new bands/touring bands as opposed to bands deciding not to include Ireland when touring.

Let's be honest. Music is in a serious rut, but it IS cyclical, so that gives me hope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I would say it's a lack of good bands/new bands/touring bands as opposed to bands deciding not to include Ireland when touring.

Let's be honest. Music is in a serious rut, but it IS cyclical, so that gives me hope

Don't agree at all, loads of brilliant new and existing bands and solo artists making great albums and touring (inc in Ireland), I've been a huge music fan since the 1980s and this is as good a time, or better , as any decade or years since then.

Advertisement