Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up Basics starting from scratch..Inglot?

• 16-01-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

In need of some advice girls! Basically I have been wearing the same make up since my teens a nude eye rosy pink cheeks and the same cheap foundation. I have just started a new job and am quite conscience now that girls a few years younger than myself have there make up down to a tee. I was in Liffey Valley at the weekend and seen the Inglot stand and there was a two women getting there make up done it looked like what im after I need someone to tell me what to get and start from scratch with new foundations etc. Is Inglot a good place to go or would you reccomend anywhere else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I only have experience with their eye shadow blush and powder, powder is okay, I love my matte blush but not my shimmer blush, and love the eyeshadow. you may as well go ask about a make over, even just to get new eye shadow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Don't buy everything from the one brand. Each brand has its own strengths and weaknesses. I would do some online research and then see what you think you might be interested in. For sure get a make over at one beauty counter to see how you might look but don't buy everything they show you initially.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I found going to the make up counters in Debenhams and Boots and getting them to do my make up and chossing my favourites was a good option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Inglot have fabulous eyeshadow, and I like their green concealer too (AMAZING if you need to cover up redness). I agree with the other posters though, don't buy everything from one brand. There's loads of cheaper brands than Inglot that have good products too. Collection 2000 is one that I find really good for concealer and powder. Catrice are meant to have really good foundation (haven't used it myself), and their duo blushes are really good. I really like Rimmel lipsticks too, I would go for them over more expensive brands if you're looking for ordinary colours (although if you like something a bit out of the ordinary, MAC and Illamasqua ones are brilliant).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I had my makeup done in Inglot in dundrum twice.

I really like their lipgloss (i think its called cream gloss or something) but their eyelashes and foundation I found to be pretty crap.

I went there the second time for a smokey eye tutorial. What she did to me looked horrendous. I'm glad it was free.

That said, the girls were lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Neen MUA

As part of our make up course we received free Inglot make up kit so have pretty much a piece of nearly all the range....Everything is great except the foundation is the ONLY thing not good! Really good foundation and quite cheap too is Revlon colour stay, more expensive brands are good too like Lancome, and Estee Lauder Double Wear and Double Wear Light Fantastic!

Enjoy your make up spree!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Caoimhe Gaynor MUA

I actually work in INGLOT Liffey Valley myself and I know the foundations take some getting use to but you really just need to find one that's right for your skin. The best idea I think is to go and have your make-up done. It's €25 for a make-over but it is redeemable against products at the end. This way you the make-up artist can choose whats right for your skin, you'll get your face done and you'll also walk away with a foundation that's right for you. You'll have a chance to wear it and see how it stays for the night and also pick up tips from your artist.

Having said that, if you're not interested in Inglot, the Rimmel 24hour stay is great (glass bottle with a blue lid) and the Revlon stay in place (think someone has already said that). No matter what foundation you wear, as long as you powder properly it should stay in place. Hope this has helped a bit :)

Advertisement