Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A note from the [new] Commander

Options
  • 16-01-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

Hello B-IE!

I must say I'm slightly shocked, and very excited at being voted back in as Commander.

We're lucky in this clan, that we have such a large pool of dedicated, intelligent, trustworthy and above all else 'good' people in our midst to help run and organise our once little clan.

The fact that we even had a poll for these positions shows the caliber of members we have here.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote in this poll - a mere glance at the lads voted in a Deputy Commander shows we have a strong structure in place.

A lot of you who may (or may not!) see these posts, may really think its of little consequence as to who get's positions within the clan, and a lot of you may not realise the amount of work our leadership structure puts in on a daily basis to ensure this clan keeps 'ticking over' - and this is all done by the command group taking their own personal time to help get things done.

This isn't to say its a chore, far from it! - the guys we have here have a passion for gaming, the passion for this game, and have the qualities and organisational skills required to ensure this is far more than just a group of players playing a game, but is a community of passionate players who have goals and ambitions above the normal 'gamer' level, and want nothing more than success for this clan. We see the potential within this clan, and it will be our jobs to ensure this potential is not only met, but exceeded.

So on a closing note, I'd like to set out some small goals of mine over the next 6 months:

• Win, and hold onto land on the global map.
    • Make B-IE a permanent fixture, and a clan to be feared by others.
    • To get ourselves organised, and successful within the ESL.
    • To ensure that ALL of our members are given a good shot at showing what they can do.
    • To develop relationships with our 'sister' clan - TIICD, and the support clan, which will develop our players into players that are at the level required for B-IE.
    • To have fun. Without fun, the rest is pointless.
    So guys, it will be up to everyone to ensure we are organised, clever, ruthless, and lethal in our play. Its up to everyone to ensure we get ourselves to that level, and along with myself, and the help of the DC's, we'll soon get to that level - as I feel there has been a drop off in intensity over the past while, and we're not as competitive as we once were.

We have many new members now - a lot of which cam from TIICD who saw our ambition, and with the help of Dan, Paddy, Fionn and Bruff (amongst other) we've formed an excellent partnership now.

Its time to get this clan to where it should be, and hopefully I'll do everyone proud over the next 6 months in helping get us there.

A final note to Dangrim and Paddy - these guys took the reigns when I left some time ago, and I'm sure you'll all agree that both have done an excellent job over the past few months with the clan, and the merger.

I'm delighted to have these guys as my DC's, along with Fionn, Bruff, Dave Lister and Dotc we really do have a great Command team.

See you on the battlefield,

Commander Dublin_Gunner

Comments

Advertisement