Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chanel Perfection Lumiere

• 16-01-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi Ladies,

I tried this at a counter yesterday and wanted to post up my thoughts as i know there is so much advertising and hype about it. Also if anyone else has tried it i'd love to get your opinions?

Firstly the colour, i'm pretty pale, but a 10 in dior is a perfect match for me. The palest shade in this is also a 10 which was way to dark for me. The sales assistant insisted that a 10 was perfect on me but while i was there another girl came up looking for it in a 30 as it was her shade in the previous pro lumiere, the sa then told her that the perfection shades were darker when they dried so she had to get the 20. So it def seems the shades are darker. Also the 10 is very very yellow which i don't like as i looked like i was slightly jaundiced through the day.

The coverage i was told is a medium to full. I would argue that its light coverage, as i have some pink in my cheeks and i have some fading spots that it couldn't cover. I felt all it did was to unify my skin tone. It def did not give medium coverage.

Longevity, This i do agree with, it dries very fast on the skin but more in a dried spackle way, a little uncomfortable and my skin felt rotten when i was taking it off but it did last the day. I had it put on around 12 in morning and took it off about 10 at night. MY skin is normal to dry so maybe this is more comfortable on oilier skin types?

Wearing it throughout the day i felt uncomfortable, because i could really feel it on my skin, i guess this was the long wear part, i also felt uncomfortable because i knew the colour was a very poor match for me. Given the light coverage i would def have chosen my usual dior, or a bobbi brown one over this. I was waiting to see if i got any compliments or comments to redeem this but none came. My boyfriend asked me had i been trying to fake tan myself or something and 'eh maybe you need a bit of make up to perk up'.

Its about 45 euro so i personally found this to be a complete rip off and was grateful i had not bought it. If you have oilier skin or like feeling the make up on you, like light coverage and can find a matching colour, then i imagine this could be your perfect foundation, but if not...make sure to try it for a day before you buy it.

Advertisement