Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Tullamore

Options
  • 16-01-2012 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I'll be moving down to Tummaore in a few months time, and I'm wondering what the best broadband providers/choices are in terms of speed and reliability.
    I'm not interested in a tv service, I'm really just looking for broadband.
    From a bit of research it seems to be Eircom, Vodafone or Digiweb - if anyone has any experience of these or advice I'd appreciate.
    At the moment I've a 7Mb connection and ideally would like somethig similar when I move.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I live outside Tullamore and I have fixed line broadband with Vodaphone which includes landline phone calls and a certain number of mins to vodaphone numbers each month.
    I found this cheaper than eircom and moved from them easily.
    In regards to the speed you mention not all phone lines will support this speed or broadband. If you have a working phone line at your new address you can ring eircom they can do a check on the line and advise your further.
    I know I can get 3mb broadband at my address.
    I would consider upc if the area you live in has it.
    If you can't get broadband try out some of the dongels as they may work well for you.

Advertisement