Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digital marketing/ internet consulting

Options
  • 16-01-2012 11:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

just wondering if anyone knew anything about the world of digital marketing/ internet consulting such as the franchise WSI?
    does anyone know if they work/are a useful business here in ireland?:confused:

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ive read the basic info pack that they sent out for my own knowledge but i didnt think the server costs per franchise per month were a little expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Imo this is scoring very low, especially on credibility and practices, from what I can see from the Irish and international website versions. Too expensive also, as already noted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

so all in all WSI is a bad move?

thanks for your feedback guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ye as a franchise i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole for some reason, and im all over Internet Marketing/Seo like a hot snot.. :(

One i would look to pursue my friend is.. no particular order

1. Fastaway Couriers
    2. Pizzahut ..

If franchise is your thing, check out the national magazine its in most newsagents, franchise ireland or something its called.. Think its a green covered one ..

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

Ye as a franchise i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole for some reason, and im all over Internet Marketing/Seo like a hot snot.. :(

One i would look to pursue my friend is.. no particular order

1. Fastaway Couriers
    2. Pizzahut ..

If franchise is your thing, check out the national magazine its in most newsagents, franchise ireland or something its called.. Think its a green covered one ..

Cheers

thanks a million apprentice much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭JD Dublin

I agree with the comments re quality of the work done by the back office. You pay a back office in Asia ( India I think ) to write the websites for a fixed part of the fee.

If website are your thing, you'd be better off writing your own websites, or buying 'white label' sites from companies who supply to the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Conor.d2

I have not heard of these guys before and I just checked the Meet Our Team part of the site and it does not have any names or pictures of real people which is always a bad sign!! However, you could try
    Wolfgang Digital for Search Engine Marketing or RingJohn for Search Engine Optimisation www.ringjohn.com
    Internet Junkie is also a neat site for Irish online marketing opinion www.junk.ie
    I work in Marketing so have some experience of the above
    Cheers
    Conor

Advertisement